PDA

View Full Version : quietest pipe for a 300ex

WEEZIL
08-10-2003, 08:20 AM
Well for my birthday i am looking for a pipe for my 300ex I want somthing that sounds good, delivers optimum hp, but with minimal noise. I am steering twards a white brothers E-Series with a quiet core insert. My dad had one on his warrior before it was stolen :scary: and it sounded sweet and made a good difference in power. I do mostly fast trail riding with the occasional slow riding when i have to ride with fat people. I would really appriciate any feed back
weezil :scary:

sweet300ex
08-10-2003, 10:04 AM
Go with the E Series;) I love mine, and it isnt obnoxiously loud

WEEZIL
08-10-2003, 12:33 PM
AH- thanks man. Where did you get your pipe- how much was it. I was considering ordering from cernics suzuki and honda in johnstown PA my dad bought a quad from them so we get discounts the owner Ed Cernic is a great guy the orders arrive quickly. and they have a great staff. :scary:

Atreyu
08-10-2003, 12:47 PM
stock pipe :macho

jay's 300
08-10-2003, 02:07 PM
My friend has the FMF Q series on his 300 and it's not much lounder than stock. Power gain doesn't seem to be there as opposed to the DG on there before. ;)

sweet300ex
08-10-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by WEEZIL
AH- thanks man. Where did you get your pipe- how much was it. I was considering ordering from cernics suzuki and honda in johnstown PA my dad bought a quad from them so we get discounts the owner Ed Cernic is a great guy the orders arrive quickly. and they have a great staff. :scary:
Where do you live? I live in Dubois, and i got mine form Paradise Cycle, its a sh*t hole, but the my dad and the owner are friends

It was arouns $450 i think, maybe less

Diedrich
08-10-2003, 06:48 PM
450 is alot..i only paid 360 for my dmc..its kinda loud but in a good way. gives good power too. most pipes u can get a quiet insert so just pick the pipe u like the best. hmf, t-4,dmc, they're all good. stay away from dg and cobra

sweet300ex
08-11-2003, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Diedrich
450 is alot..i only paid 360 for my dmc..its kinda loud but in a good way. gives good power too. most pipes u can get a quiet insert so just pick the pipe u like the best. hmf, t-4,dmc, they're all good. stay away from dg and cobra ya know that i think about it it was mor4e around 400 i think

WEEZIL
08-11-2003, 05:28 AM
ouch! you got ripped man. i can probably find an e series slip on for pretty damn cheap. my bike came with a dg on it it was a loud p.o.s my friend had a cobra on his warrior yet another loud p.o.s no back pressure with the e series i know its a good pipe. and sweet 300 i live in johnstown cernics the whole way across town for me but worth the drive. from dubois i have no idea how long of a drive that is. and i have heard of paradse cycle and i heard it is a **** hole as well. :scary: