PDA

View Full Version : Land Between the Lakes, Wesk KY - October 3-5

Striker49
08-09-2003, 05:16 PM
Aight guys, lets get another ride together. We didnt get one up back in Spring and last fall no one showed up (besides me, castor, and fearthisracer) b/c you all were panzy's and wouldnt ride in a little mud. :blah:

Looks like the best time would be the October 3-5 weekend. It should be mild weather, but most of ya know how crazy weather gets round here in the fall. :p

Ok, here's the info:

We will be meeting in the main field (like in April 02 for those of you who were there). Its the field located on the right as you enter the park and stop at the gate house.

Directions... best thing you could probably use is MapQuest.com

www.lbl.org

Maps
Map Listings: http://www2.lbl.org/lbl/VCMaps.html
Turkey Bay Map (shows the main trails and entrance): http://www2.lbl.org/lbl/LBLTurkeyBay00.pdf

Rules
Off-Highway Vehicle use is permitted only in the Turkey Bay OHV Area. An LBL OHV permit is required, and all OHV's must be registered with LBL.

All riders are required to wear approved safety helmets while vehicles are in operation, except in vehicles with fully enclosed metal cabs and/or roll bar protection.

Operators and passengers of motorized vehicles, except motorcycles and ATV's, must use a fastened seatbelt while the vehicle is in use.

OHV's must have properly functioning spark arresters and mufflers.

Riding is permitted from sunrise to sunset only.

No person under age 16 may operate an ATV with an engine size exceeding 90 cc displacement and no person under age 12 may operate an ATV with an engine size exceeding 70 cc, according to Kentucky state law.

Under Kentucky state law, direct parental supervision is required at all times for persons under age 16 operating an ATV.

Use of alcohol and other controlled substances while operating an OHV is strictly prohibited.

Passengers are not allowed on ATVs or motorcycles while in operation.

Wildlife and plants are protected. Avoid running over young trees, shrubs and animals.

Those registering an OHV for use in Turkey Bay accept responsibility for all use of the vehicle. LBL is not liable for damage, loss or theft of personal property.

Ride at your own risk. Know your limits.

If you have any questions concearning these rules, PM me. Last time I posted stuff, one of the USFuSs guys cried.

Camping
The best spot to camp at is probably going to be at Wranglers Campground. Its a large campground for horse riders, but alot of guys who visit Turkey Bay camp there b/c its only 10 minutes away. Last time I believe Rico and his buddy rented a cabin. Ill consider staying and pitchin in my share of the mula if someone wants to get together some spots. Even though I live 45 mins from it, it would be alot more fun chillin with you all (assuming the Urban Legend and the drunk coon doesnt show up :eek ). Here's the info on it...

Wranglers Campground
Campers can take advantage of primitive or electric sites, long-term campsites and group campsites. Wranglers also offers Camping Shelters for those wanting a less-rustic camping experience; they are ideal for families with children or those who want to camp but don't have the equipment. The one-room buildings have beds, ceiling fans, tables and chairs, electric outlets and a large porch, plus picnic tables and fire rings. Those staying in Camping Shelters use the campground restroom and shower facilities.
Wranglers Campground is undergoing expansion -- be sure to check back for updates on our newest facilities. Reservations are accepted for Camping Shelters only and may be made up to one year in advance; all other facilities are on a first-come, first-served basis. To reserve a Camping Shelter, call 270-924-2043.

Primitive Camping at Turkey Bay
Camping is permitted in Turkey Bay OHV at designated camping areas near entrance road #157. Chemical toilets and unloading ramps are available.
There is also a 24-hour generator area, but the rest is primitive camping. Not bad if you want to rough it, and I believe you can head over to Wranglers and pay like $5 to use the bath houses if need be.

Fees
Basic Camping $8.00 a night (multiple night discount available)
Annual Permit $45.00 Valid 4/1/03 thru 3/31/04
7-Day Permit $25.00 Valid 7 consecutive days from date of purchase
1-3 Day Permit $15.00 Valid 3 consecutive days from date of purchase

Any more questions just ask. If we have enough people wanting to go then I will put in for that Saturday off work so I can spend all weekend up there.

Also, if you are wondering what to bring....talk to Rico or have him post a list here...something. Hes Mr. H/M so Im sure he knows what needs to be brought (yes, beer!...lmao).

Hope to see some new faces and old ones alike...and Rico, you better have yer *** down here. :scary:

08-09-2003, 05:41 PM
well ill be there for sure..i might come up with a friend who has a 2003 foreman S so he can pull us all out of the bad stuff. The last time I was at turkey bay was about 4 years ago when I was 12 & I had my 1982 honda ATC 70...it was pretty cool. I dont know about you guys but ill probably be paying the $ to take a bath after night comes (cause we cant ride at night :mad: & then just sleep in my truckbed with a pillow & some blankets :blah: post any more info. on here when it comes as I dont want to drive my *** up there & nonw of you show :p can't wait....

Striker49
08-09-2003, 06:00 PM
Ive PMed most of the locals and the ones that come down last year. Im there unless its snowing :uhoh: :p

08-09-2003, 06:29 PM
man..i hope it rains & isnt really dry....:macho is there gonna be aot of people there cause when i went with my ATC we wont on a memorial day weekend & there were like 5,000,000 people there...:huh

Striker49
08-09-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Crazy400exMan
man..i hope it rains & isnt really dry....:macho is there gonna be aot of people there cause when i went with my ATC we wont on a memorial day weekend & there were like 5,000,000 people there...:huh

Shouldnt be bad at all. Holidays are always horrible. October should be perfect...as long as its not too cold. :)

400exmom
08-10-2003, 01:00 AM
i wanna go - i wanna go!! ill b there:devil:

cdalejef
08-10-2003, 01:26 AM
Well.....there is a GNCC that weekend, I bet Rico didn't even look.:ermm:

400exmom
08-10-2003, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Well.....there is a GNCC that weekend, I bet Rico didn't even look.:ermm: nevermind:blah:

Striker49
08-10-2003, 04:34 AM

:cuss: :(

You guys suck. Cant you miss one race? :grr:
Dont make me come up there with monkeynutz and slapboiz and kik yer *** n de drt pilz. :mad:

08-10-2003, 05:51 AM
we can go the weekend before....

Striker49
08-10-2003, 05:57 AM
we can go the weekend before....

Ive got school :scary:

cdalejef
08-10-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Striker49
:cuss: :(

You guys suck. Cant you miss one race? :grr:
Ummmmmm.............NO!

08-10-2003, 11:39 AM
so what..iv'e got school too...we leave on friday right after school & all meet uup ther that night..we leave on sunday afternoon around 12

08-11-2003, 01:06 AM

How the heck did i get dragged into this?????:grr:

Striker49
08-11-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Rico
How the heck did i get dragged into this?????:grr:

LMAO. Get em...

Im tryin to talk Kenny into coming believe it or not... :huh

Ill try to round up some more people on the board tonight if I can.

Striker49
08-12-2003, 01:01 AM
Got the 416....ready to go when you guys are. :D

MOFO
08-12-2003, 04:16 AM
I know I'll be at that GNCC race...St. Clairsville, OH right?

You need to plan rides that do not fall during these races....

Striker49
08-12-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
I know I'll be at that GNCC race...St. Clairsville, OH right?

You need to plan rides that do not fall during these races....

I dont have the time to look at everyones racing schedule. If you all have a better date then by all means have Rico change it in the post. :ermm:

Striker49
08-14-2003, 03:19 PM
So is it a set date? Is anyone actually going to come or am I going to ride alone? :ermm:

08-14-2003, 03:57 PM
man ill be there dude...id rather more than like 6 people showed though :confused:

Striker49
08-15-2003, 02:08 PM
What, 2 of us goin? WTF? :huh

Hell, Im not even going to make the effort if there isnt at least a few peeps comin. :grr:

08-15-2003, 02:47 PM
yah...thats what im saying.....5-6 people & ill show up....we already have 2 :rolleyes:

exrider505
08-15-2003, 05:33 PM
Is this just for anyone looking for people to ride with? or is only for the people who know each other?

08-15-2003, 05:38 PM
ANYONE can go...Iv'e never met anyone in this site before & have no one else to go to LBL with except one friend with a foreman & I thought it would be cool if we could have a bunch of people from exriders show....everyone is welcome. (public invitation) :) if you need a ride maybe we can work something out as you dont live to far away fro me :eek2:

honda_racer1
08-16-2003, 04:52 PM
hey guys if i can go i might need a ride i live in clarksville TN

08-16-2003, 05:04 PM
can u meet me in nashville with ur quad?

stock400ex
08-17-2003, 04:50 PM
well, i might go.

but how do you get ohv? and how much does it cost??

striker where do you live in west kentucky??

I am new on the board and need to meet some people

Striker49
08-18-2003, 01:08 AM
I live in Graves Co....30 mins from Paducah.

The info can be found in the first page, the first post...of this topic...lol. :p

all_kfx
08-18-2003, 06:14 PM
SO WHATS GOING ON! lol sry bout that. But seriously whats up. is the date gunna change? i will go! i just needa know ahead of time when where gunna go. I know im not an ex rider but i seen somethin up on z400central.com forum. If yall dont mind me ridin with ya.
l8er

08-19-2003, 12:18 AM
yah...we need anyone with anything to show......Im pretty sure we are sticking with the date. :)

Striker49
08-19-2003, 01:07 AM
yah...we need anyone with anything to show......Im pretty sure we are sticking with the date. :)

What he said...

Date is staying and everyone is welcome to come. :D

Werx615
09-15-2003, 08:44 PM
ill be there to ride

SSRedRider
09-17-2003, 08:01 AM
Turkey Bay is great. Was there over the 4th of July and again on Labor day weekend. I would go to meet you all but I will be at the GNCC race that weekend. Maybe next time.

09-19-2003, 02:05 PM
me & striker ere there on labor day weekend...where did you park at

RytM1
09-24-2003, 05:34 PM
So far, it looks like I'm probably heading up there with 4 or 5 other guys. Not sure where we are staying yet though. Gonna try and hit the road bright and early Friday morning.

Diedrich
09-24-2003, 09:32 PM
ima be up there with a few of my buddies the weekend after that if yall wanna wait til then

Castor-426ex
09-24-2003, 10:22 PM
lets do this

as long as you guys let me keep up on the rinny:D

09-25-2003, 05:20 AM
yah right...those rincons are super fast arent they? I heard there a little bit slower than the 400ex on takeoof too :eek2: :huh

SSRedRider
09-25-2003, 05:31 AM
We always try to park at the waters edge. We was the first toy hauler when you got to the water in the 24 generator area. We had quads and bikes. Where was you all at?

09-25-2003, 03:04 PM
i was in the cemetery area or whatever u call it on the left right when you pull in...i had a blue truck. I also probably had the loudest 400es there with my cobra exhaust. u might rememberit? :confused:

z400ACDC
09-29-2003, 05:54 AM
Is it still on? Who's going?

09-29-2003, 02:05 PM
iont think im gonna make it...im about to sell the EX...i dont know what new four wheeler to get for christmas? :confused:

Castor-426ex
09-29-2003, 03:53 PM
i might go

depends how many people wanna do it

09-29-2003, 07:34 PM
yah my four wheeler didnt sell today..if it doesnt sell by whenever we wanna ride ill go...count me in, ;)

RytM1
09-29-2003, 08:43 PM
I'm questionable too. One of my buddies already backed out because he can't get off work, and two guys want to go to Silver Lake. It looks like its gonna come down to the wire.

RytM1
10-01-2003, 08:26 PM
Ok, it looks like its just me and my cousin heading down south, two buddies want to go play in the michigan snow. Who else is still going? I won't know until tomorrow where we'll be staying. I'm looking at the campground, but a friend has a hook up at a local hotel.

Striker49
10-03-2003, 01:12 PM
I forgot bout this ride....figures. Yeah, ive been busy lately too.

I wont be able to go anyways. I ****ed up the quad last weekend and my stem is still bent and my clutch adjustment still doesnt have a replacement yet. :rolleyes:

Sorry guys, maybe next time.

10-03-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Striker49
I forgot bout this ride....figures. Yeah, ive been busy lately too.

I wont be able to go anyways. I ****ed up the quad last weekend and my stem is still bent and my clutch adjustment still doesnt have a replacement yet. :rolleyes:

Sorry guys, maybe next time.

Sounds like somebody needs some riding lessons...:o

RytM1
10-06-2003, 09:29 PM
Striker, sorry to hear about your misfortune. Too bad you guys didn't make it, I was hoping to meet a few of the guys from the site. I still had a hell of a time though, that place is outrageous!!!
It's hard to believe that place has over 100 miles of trails. It wasn't very crowded either, according to some of the regulars that we talked to over the weekend. We parked in that small parking lot just past the "guard shack", and there were only four or five other people parked there, which someone said was really unusual. It sucks that its a 6 hour drive for me, or I would definitely be there more often. Oh well, have to do it again next year.

10-06-2003, 09:35 PM
its a 2 hour drive for me but i can hardly make it because i have really good trails here at my house & it doesnt make sense driving that far & having something break. :eek2:

Werx615
10-07-2003, 11:38 AM
i was there and i had a blast, there were a lot of ex's there. i think its worth the drive, ive been 4 times in 2 months. the windrock ride in 2 weeks is gonna be a good ride

Striker49
10-09-2003, 01:35 AM
Sorry guys, maybe sometime next year.

There are several of us, friends of mine, that are going up to Attica here in 2 weeks...24,25,26. There should be at least 6 of us and I should have everything but the stem fixed tomorrow.
Maybe Ill see some of ya there.

10-10-2003, 07:16 AM
i have those 3 days off....can i go too?:eek2:

Striker49
10-10-2003, 10:14 PM
i have those 3 days off....can i go too?:eek2:

If you want to, but you'll prolly have to drive. If you are serious, let me know and Ill give ya some more info.

Rico, why dont you drag your arse out there and show yer ***. There'll be a nice 440 for ya to whoop up on...lmao. :cool:

Werx615
10-11-2003, 09:21 PM
man i'd like to go the badlands but thats a long drive for me

10-11-2003, 09:44 PM
hey werx...u wanna just drive up to lbl that weekend & ride?oh & outof the blue, u evern see that brown tahoe on 22" spinners drive by you in west nashville?

Werx615
10-14-2003, 10:34 AM
yea im down to go, u mean a maroon tahoe?

10-14-2003, 06:45 PM
yah..that maroon tahoe...do yoj for real want to go to LBL because I have previous plans to visit mom in birmingham but i will cancel them if you want to go with me.

Werx615
10-17-2003, 09:53 AM
how bought we plan to go the weekend after that, cuz i have sum stuff i need to do to