PDA

View Full Version : Pics from Glen Helen Round #5

400grl
08-09-2003, 06:26 AM
Here is a pic of me jumping the finishline table.....

http://www.goazriding.com/ppphp2/showphoto.php?photo=1743&papass=&sort=1&size=big&thecat=555

And here is a link to about 65 pics from Glen Helen ITP #5....some pro pics in there as well as a bunch of other cr@p! :) There will be more pics uploaded over the weekend!

ITP Quadcross Round #5 (http://www.goazriding.com/ppphp2/showgallery.php?cat=555&thumb=1)

It was a blast!!! :) Can't wait to go again!!!

Dune Surfer
08-09-2003, 06:43 AM
Sweet:D

AtvMxRider
08-09-2003, 08:53 AM
Cool pics Corry. How did you do?:)

400grl
08-09-2003, 09:50 AM
Pretty crappy - I raced Open Novice with the guys, and I came in 5th overall, I think. It was such a rough track that I just wanted to make it through the race without crashing! :) It was really fun though!!!!:D

zzbudzz
08-09-2003, 06:03 PM
nice pictures! that track looks fun to ride on... oh, whos that good looking blonde in one of the pics? this was in arizona right?

AtvMxRider
08-10-2003, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by zzbudzz
nice pictures! that track looks fun to ride on... oh, whos that good looking blonde in one of the pics? this was in arizona right?

That is Corry(400grl) in that pic, and thats at Glen Helen in California.

86350x
08-10-2003, 07:58 AM
5'th overall for your first time at a national caliber track is pretty good. And you'll probrably do better next time. Good Job.

Cool pics, about the trophey one "take a shower stinky":p

J/k

400grl
08-10-2003, 12:23 PM
Hey - thanks!!! Yeah - it as an eye opener, that's for sure!!! It is a really fun layout - and just seeing all the quads was a lot of fun.....

All the pics have been posted now.....there are over 100....the pic of Kory E. coming off the track was right after he crashed in the 2nd Pro moto......he looked like he was OK - he was walking around the pits talking to his friends afterwards.....but his quad looks a little banged up. It was a neck and neck race before his crash.....

toby400ex
08-10-2003, 01:21 PM
That track looks beautiful. U wanna see a rough track u shoulda went riding with me, markeg192 and kickin440. Try landing in potholes:ermm:

QuadJunkies
08-10-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
Pretty crappy - I raced Open Novice with the guys, and I came in 5th overall, I think. It was such a rough track that I just wanted to make it through the race without crashing! :) It was really fun though!!!!:D Cory, was ther no womens class???? 5th place is dang good!!You go girl!!You should be proud of yourself........:) ;)

08-11-2003, 01:38 AM
Weres the pic of Cory???

I didn't see it...:)

400grl
08-11-2003, 03:11 AM
QJ - yes, there actually was a women's class! I've never raced in a women's class before....and I wanted to race with the guys to see how I'd do, since that's what I'm used to doing here.......it makes me faster, I think - because I get mad when I get passed, and I push myself alot harder! :) And racing with the guys I get passed alot! lol! :D

I might try the women's class next time - it looked like fun! :)

Rico - there is a pic of me somewhere in that 5 pages of pictures!

QuadJunkies
08-11-2003, 03:39 AM
QJ - yes, there actually was a women's class! I've never raced in a women's class before....and I wanted to race with the guys to see how I'd do, since that's what I'm used to doing here.......it makes me faster, I think - because I get mad when I get passed, and I push myself alot harder! :) And racing with the guys I get passed alot! lol! :D

I might try the women's class next time - it looked like fun! :)

Rico - there is a pic of me somewhere in that 5 pages of pictures! you know, this kind of sounds stupid but......Im more nervous racing in thewomens class than I am with the guys:huh I dont know why, cause I have a strong feeling these girls arent going to ride as hard of fast as the men do,but I dunno, I ve never raced another female.Im used to riding with the guys,even this wk end it was weird.I got to meet 4 of the ladies Im racing against,and it just wasnt the same.:confused: and NON of them liked to do anything I like to do.Its hard to explain.I have always wanted to ride with other lady riders ,but so far......none of them really ride if that makes any sense.

Bretmd94
08-11-2003, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Weres the pic of Cory???

I didn't see it...:)

I saw it..... wow....:eek:

QuadJunkies
08-11-2003, 05:40 AM
Cory, would you like me to post your pics form the race here? I will if you wolud like.I saw the one of you jumping..What other one was there? was there a shot of you in casual wear in the one pic????

400grl
08-11-2003, 05:49 AM
Sure......let me get them a little bigger and I'll e-mail you a couple to put up! It won't be till tomorrow, though - the disk with the pics is at home! :) Thanks - that's sweet!!! :)

Yeah - the one of me at work was on that site, but it can just stay there! :) Everyone knows what I look like by now.....;)

Thanks Tina!!!!:D

86350x
08-11-2003, 05:55 AM
Was the big hill part of the coarse this year? Or did they puss out again? :confused: :ermm:

Also, have you ever tried taking a 2 stroke around a track yet?

QuadJunkies
08-11-2003, 05:55 AM
Sure......let me get them a little bigger and I'll e-mail you a couple to put up! It won't be till tomorrow, though - the disk with the pics is at home! :) Thanks - that's sweet!!! :)

Yeah - the one of me at work was on that site, but it can just stay there! :) Everyone knows what I look like by now.....;)

Thanks Tina!!!!:D No problem..;) when ya ready,send them to tntkuna@msn.com

400grl
08-11-2003, 06:05 AM
86350x......no - the big hill is on the National Track, I think - they raced us on the back track - which was a really fun track! No big hills.....just some steep little ones! :)

The only two stroke I've ever ridden on a track was a drag Banshee.....definately not track friendly! I have yet to straddle an "R" - although I think it would be fun! ;)

QJ - thanks!!!!:)

QuadJunkies
08-11-2003, 06:08 AM
86350x......no - the big hill is on the National Track, I think - they raced us on the back track - which was a really fun track! No big hills.....just some steep little ones! :)

I have yet to straddle an "R" - although I think it would be fun! ;)

QJ - thanks!!!!:) An R is fun to straddle......:cool:

86350x
08-11-2003, 06:23 AM
Lol! someone is gonna say " I wish I was that 250r"

But seriously I have fun riding my brothers 4 wheeler/250r.(notice how careful you have to be while saying that) I still like my built banshee better though, but the r does handle better, and is less tiring to ride.

QuadJunkies
08-11-2003, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by 86350x
Lol! someone is gonna say " I wish I was that 250r"

But seriously I have fun riding my brothers 4 wheeler/250r.(notice how careful you have to be while saying that) I still like my built banshee better though, but the r does handle better, and is less tiring to ride. I rode a 330R last year and I thought that was going to rip my arms right out of its socket!:p It was the roughest and most tiring ride I have ever been on.It could have been better set up and the Ohlins shocks were terrible and its was the first twist thoddle I had been on before.I think now I could ride it better with more riding expericance under me nwo, but after riding a 310 and a 250 it was alot of fun.......:)

sly400ex
08-11-2003, 10:23 AM
Cool pics and good job Corry!!!:D

norrisboat
08-11-2003, 05:36 PM
Ill be at the Glen Helen for the august 31st race. I think if pep can get my rear shock done in time I might try running intermediate.

86350x
08-11-2003, 08:39 PM
You haven't rode a hard hitting machine, until you rode a built banshee (like mine:cool: ) I like twist throttles, they take some getting used to. My dad used to race open class bikes back in the day, he isn't scared of my bros 302r, but he is scared of my banshee.

The r seems down right smooth compared to my ride, but it's still pretty fast.

I'm sure you'll do fine when your season begins, just make everyone on the starting line laugh (good tension breaker in most situations)

You two are sounding like men haters to though:ermm:

400ex Racer
08-11-2003, 09:56 PM
400grl

Giiiiiirrrrrrrlllllll.......u know how u want 2 ride an 250r......4gether the 250......thats nuttin......u come c me and i'll show u whats up.......i love chicks who ride quads....and i love chicks who race.....and the thing i really like is chicks with blond hair and a body.....girl you have everything......

400grl :eek2:

holla @ me ;)

Cody
400Ex

400grl
08-12-2003, 03:20 AM
86350x - I'm the farthest thing from a man-hater!!! :) I love men....my best friends have always been guys! Yeah - our Banshee is built for dragging - and it's got an insane powerband. If it kicks in while you are going up the face of a jump.....you better just hang on!! :D And - hey - cool to see you on our gomxracing board!!!!

Cody! LOL! ;) Glad you like the chicks that ride! ;)

QuadJunkies
08-12-2003, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by 86350x
You haven't rode a hard hitting machine, until you rode a built banshee (like mine:cool: ) I like twist throttles, they take some getting used to. My dad used to race open class bikes back in the day, he isn't scared of my bros 302r, but he is scared of my banshee.

The r seems down right smooth compared to my ride, but it's still pretty fast.

I'm sure you'll do fine when your season begins, just make everyone on the starting line laugh (good tension breaker in most situations)

You two are sounding like men haters to though:ermm: Men haters???Who is Men haters??:huh HAHAHA...Thats all I ride with is men!!:p Ive never even raced another female before.....

86350x
08-12-2003, 06:08 AM
Good to see you two can take a joke, so far:p Because that's what that was.

Got any pictures of the banshee?

LTandRaptorider
08-12-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by 400ex Racer
400grl

Giiiiiirrrrrrrlllllll.......u know how u want 2 ride an 250r......4gether the 250......thats nuttin......u come c me and i'll show u whats up.......i love chicks who ride quads....and i love chicks who race.....and the thing i really like is chicks with blond hair and a body.....girl you have everything......

400grl :eek2:

holla @ me ;)

Cody
400Ex

Wait til I see your "wife"! :eek2: :eek2: You'll have a couple more cracked ribs... That said... Cory, I'm 38, love to ride and race, almost divorced last year, and would love to move to AZ. ! :D :D

400ex Racer
08-12-2003, 05:02 PM
Wait til I see your "wife"! You'll have a couple more cracked ribs... That said... Cory, I'm 38, love to ride and race, almost divorced last year, and would love to move to AZ. !

Hey Dad.....u tell her u was 38 with a kid?:rolleyes: or wasnt i suppose 2 say that...lol.......hey i can move 2 Az with u...just tell the wife im going wit dad 2 a race :blah:

LoL

and i think the reason i have a couple cracked ribs r from her...she anit no one 2 mess around with :( im kinda kinda i said kinda scard of her...lol... so dont start talkin crap b/c im not scard of her....shes just the i dont know shes just the wife :cool:

Cody
400Ex

250rmike
08-14-2003, 05:32 PM
wow i always see glen helen on speed vision and have always wanted to ride there but i dont think im going back to cali anytime soon especially ewith my quad. good pics and 5th is prett good for a first real race. and cody wtf were u saying in that last post if might have just been me cause ive been up for about 27 hours but i couldnt understand your last post t all:confused: