PDA

View Full Version : Tires????? 400ex

00Red400EX
08-09-2003, 06:15 AM
Im new to the quad world and Im needing some new rears tires. I dont understand the numbers for the tires? I want to get some new tires all the way around with rims so that I can use my old ones if I go out to this enduro track we have around here ( there are lots of cactus and dont want to rune my new ones).

What are some good tires for me. I dont race, its just recreational trail riding and I go out to some cliche pits and ride. I would like something close to stock size, because I dont want to change the gearing. Or should I? See I just dont know. If someone could please help I would be grateful.

I like the speed of my 400ex right now. I like the acceleration and top speed. I dont want to get some new rims and tires and the quad be slower. Thanks a lot for any help!! Sorry its so long. Also with the new tires should I use some kind of sludge? If so what brand and how much per tire. Thanks again!!

--Josh

08-09-2003, 07:10 AM
first dont use any slime or anything in the tires bc it might make them out of balance and the quad will wobble at high speeds. If you like how the quad is now dont change it. the numbers on the tires are tire height x tire width x rim size. Stay with a 22 inch tire in front and a 20 inch in the rear (same as stock) Also stay with a 10 inch rim in the front and a 9 inch in the rear or an 8 inch in the rear. Some good tires are holeshot xcrs holeshot xc's, razrs, kenda klaws. all of them should be good for you.

00Red400EX
08-09-2003, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the reply man!!

--Josh

wheeltrax
08-11-2003, 03:50 PM
when i get some money.. i will be buying razrs for the rear of my quad. They seem to be a really nice tire, and have a good price as well..

Chanman420q
08-11-2003, 04:19 PM
Get Razrs, ull love them. i know i do

aroracer72
08-11-2003, 05:43 PM
RazR's are simply the best!!!....and they are the most durable!!...and make shure you get the .190 thickness rims, and get Douglass or ITP rims. As for the sizes, you DONT have to stick with stock, but you should get 21 or 22 inch fronts, and 20 rears. If you have any other quad questions, feel free to message me on AIM at cannondale72 or message me on MSN at cannondale72 or email me at aroracer72@yahoo.com.