PDA

View Full Version : any more ideas

chrisp333
08-08-2003, 02:21 PM
just got my 400wx last month and already started tearing it apart. ive got an 11 to 1 wiseco 416 piston, gaskets all around, WB rev box and a pro circurt full exhaust. it has already had a port and polish job. ive been buying parts up because the place i bought it from is helping me out on some prices that are excelent. im going to be doing alot of woods riding and am needing lota of bottom end is there anything else i can do to help my cause?

mcmike
08-08-2003, 03:49 PM
Jet kit for the carb, filter, front shocks, steering dampner, and front wheels with the stock offset and race rings to keep your frontend between the trees and round. If your racing, hand guards and nerfs are well worth the money.

chrisp333
08-09-2003, 09:28 AM
ive already got the jet kit uni filter handguards and nerf bars. what are race rings and what do you mean by front wheels with the stock offset?

Diedrich
08-09-2003, 06:08 PM
reinforcemetn rings are rings around the inside of the rims to make them stonger. offset is like 2/4. the wheel is 6 inches wide with 2 inches on the insde and 4 inches on the outside

Chanman420q
08-09-2003, 06:17 PM
get a 14T front spocket or a 39 rear for more bottom end, id go for the 39......

chrisp333
08-10-2003, 11:50 AM
thanks alot! if anyone has anymore ideas for me send them out.

chrisp333
08-10-2003, 11:56 AM
would i benefit from a bigger carb like the fcr 39 or 41?
is there much a difference between the fcrs or the edelbrock? i heard that the edelbrock carbs throttle was hard to pull. reguardless am i better off going with an aftermarket carb?

wgbanks
08-10-2003, 02:17 PM
Edelbrock gets some bad press...but, I have had great luck with mine. Got it on eBay for 210.00. The guy that had it before me put the needle/related hardware in wrong. Once right it performed great, it really made a world of difference on top end and bottom end was still just as crisp. Read some post on this site about sticking throttles.... Called Edelbrock and they sent me, for free, a new accelerator pump assembly that is the culprit with the sticking throttle. That is good customer service in my book. They only thing to get used to is the additional swing of the thumb throttle. It move alot farther forward to get full throttle, not bad not good just different. I know that FCR's are great carbs also and am not taking anything away from them. All this IMHO:)

chrisp333
08-10-2003, 03:06 PM
was it just a fluke that the accelerator pump was bad or is it a problem with a set of their carbs? if so have they fixed the problem?