PDA

View Full Version : Plz help! Is this a good place for shock rezzie?

cheetah
08-08-2003, 12:17 PM
I put my rear shock rezzie on the frame under the gas tank on the right side. It is just behind the radiator. Will it be fine there? I was worried about the heat of the engine because it is VERY close to the head. (About 1/4 in or so) The rezzie is pretty warm after a short 2 min ride and this concerns me. I have seen people put them there before, but does it cause any problems? I'm thinking of just sticking it back where the battery was.

nacs400ex
08-08-2003, 01:13 PM
There is a lot of people that put it there. I have seen some people put it on their grab bar too. I would put in on one of the frame rails up front if your hose is long enough.

cheetah
08-08-2003, 01:23 PM
I just put it back where the battery was. My airbox relocates the battery so it's good there. I had it up front and it rattled up there for some reason. It was tight and everything but when I moved it back it was fine. It might have been my plastic hitting it. My hose was just shy of the frame rails. Why is some people's hose longer than others? I've seen some mounted right behind the bumper.:huh

08-09-2003, 01:50 AM
different companies and different quads use different length hoses. but if its the same company on the same quad ya got me :confused: