PDA

View Full Version : Need help from the Windows XP Experts...

Wired
08-08-2003, 11:57 AM
alright here's the deal... for some reason this computer is going to he!! and now for some odd reason under the main user we always use the icons on the desktop arent appearing so its kinda like the desktop isnt even loading. has anyone else came across this? i really need to fix the problem too so any help would be greatly appreciated!!! thanks

jon

hondafox440
08-08-2003, 12:04 PM
Since its XP, the first thing I would try is a System Restore to a date before the problems started.

Start > All Programs > Accesories > System Tools > System Restore.

crazybuffalo
08-08-2003, 04:31 PM
i tried system restores before but it didnt do s*** so i dont know what to tell you

Rastus
08-08-2003, 05:07 PM
It might be a user login error.

One my comp I built, I was OverClocking, and it wasn't entirely stable so I had some data corruption.

Well, turns out it loaded my login, but all my personal prefs weren't there, etc. Does it seem like that?

Have you tried diffrent logins?

gojk
08-08-2003, 05:33 PM
Have you upgraded your virus def and ran a full scan. You can also go to trend micro and run there online virus scan. Sounds like that could be the issue. Also go to download.com and download system mechanic and run its registry clean tool, and also download ad aware and run that. They usually do a good job of cleaning up the computers. If you have any questions just e-mail me and I can try and help you. jeff@eaznet.com I am on MSN alot too. j_gojkovich@hotmail.com