PDA

View Full Version : Round house chain tightening/adjusting???

ledofthezep
08-08-2003, 10:30 AM
Call me a jack*****,.. :rolleyes: ...but I can't get my chain on my banshee with my new -2 burgard swingarm. I am using the DID oring chain off the banshee the swingarm came off of, my gearing is the same on the front(13),...but I can't get the damn thing on,...so I need to losen the carrier to adjust it. MY PROBLEM is I can't get the carrier to budge in the housing, I losened all the bolts on the housing pleanty,...how do I get the ****er adjusted? I thought round house swingarms were easier to adjust chains! hehe...but I've never had a Honda(other than the trusty 200sx that the chain never needed adjusted :p ), so I wouldn't know. Please help me! My carrier is just like the one in this quicksand arm(which puts my burgard to shame).... ;)
http://www.kcisp.net/~bking/HQquads/quicksandswing2.jpg

03GNCC270
08-08-2003, 04:31 PM
if you had a stock length on before you will probably have to take a link or two out. make sure the bolts are loose. may need to spread the swing arm where the pinch bolts go through. put a screw driver or pry bar in groove where the bolt goes through and pry it apart while trying to move the carrier.

ledofthezep
08-13-2003, 10:03 AM
That's what I had to do,...didn't have to mess with the chain,....just took it off my 2nd banshee along w/the swingarm & everything else....shee's good to go now!:D Thanks!