PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Bearing Carriers

justinh
01-23-2002, 02:51 PM
I am looking for a twin row bearing carrier for my 400ex, which one do you recommend using/have used, also the ones that have the grease zerk fittings, how do you access that when its in the swing arm?

thanks

400MXer
01-23-2002, 09:27 PM
I use a RPM twin row carrier and it's great. RPM also makes the Millenium carrier which has tapered bearings. Personally i don't think you need a grease zerk, the bearings are sealed. But the ones that do have a grease zerk, the zerk is right in the middle, so when you want to grease it up, you must take everything apart to slide the carrier out so you can grease it.

chris29
01-24-2002, 01:05 AM
I got the Lonstar twin roll and I love it. It works great and alot better than stock especally the chain adjustment it has on it. I would either get the Lsr or the Rpm if I were you. Lsr also comes with the greese zirk.

leel
01-24-2002, 06:54 AM
I just bought a twin row billet carrier from this guy that auctions them on Ebay. It just came in, and it's beautiful!. He has about 90 positive feedbacks on Ebay, and zero negative feedbacks. I emailed him and asked him if he would sell one outright (no Ebay auction), and he sold me one for $130 . It comes with the twin row bearings and seals already installed.

Just go to www.ebay.com and search for "400ex carrier". He is seller "Bman-11". His reserve price is $120 dollars, so you're wasting your time until it gets to that price. I talked to the guy on the phone, and he's very nice and helpful.

He's starting up a small web site to sell his stuff now:

Brad
www.herrmannracing.com
215-679-2808

If you call him, ask for Brad.

Good luck,
Lorrin

01-24-2002, 09:59 AM
If ya can spend the extra money on a tapered carrier,,it will take a side load better and will probably outlast a dualrow,,not that the dualrow isn't good...and the RPM tapered carrier has a lifetime warranty,,that's who I'll be goin with,,I like them lifetime waranty deals..

justinh
01-24-2002, 10:57 AM
i am not sure if i am even going to replace the carrier now, i may just order the bearings and seals from marcums and go that route, i think i am going to buy an LSR axel though, mine is bent. i am kinda tight on cash right now since i just bought new tires and my jet ski is calling my name for atleast a top end rebuild, being in high school still doesn't help the cash flow too much. thanks for all the help, by the way there is another guy on e-bay that sells twin row bearing carriers with bearing and everything for $100, so if i get one, i will go that route, just trying to save some cash right now

chris29
01-24-2002, 11:55 PM
If ya can spend the extra money on a tapered carrier,,it will take a side load better and will probably outlast a dualrow,,not that the dualrow isn't good...and the RPM tapered carrier has a lifetime warranty,,that's who I'll be goin with,,I like them lifetime waranty deals..

You suck rico you just keep on buying these lifetime warrantys and keep getting the shaft don't ya.

chris29
01-24-2002, 11:56 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by rico
[B]If ya can spend the extra money on a tapered carrier,,it will take a side load better and will probably outlast a dualrow,,not that the dualrow isn't good...and the RPM tapered carrier has a lifetime warranty,,that's who I'll be goin with,,I like them lifetime waranty deals..

Yeah rico I bet you like durablues lifetime warranty don't you!!!!

01-25-2002, 10:52 AM
Shut your pie hole monkey boy,,,you didn't know about their warranty any more than I did,,plus you've bought durablue products before.

For know on your chromed parts prices go up $5..:eek:

oynot400
01-25-2002, 01:01 PM
I had to replace my carrier after a bearing took it out. I like the LSR, high quailty. A tapper bearings are stornger then the roller bearings. I like the grease zerk so if I get in the water I can grease it and push the water right on out. It even says to grease every 20-50 hours or so. I ran mine all summer long and greased it after the race season and it was perfect!

01-25-2002, 01:52 PM
Recreation Unlimited (RU Racing) has a nice touch done to their axle carriers. They have the grease zert outside mounted outside of the swingarm, allowing you to grease the carrier without disassembly of brake/chain/hub lock. Quality is top notch as well. Just my 2 cents.

004exkid
01-25-2002, 02:22 PM
It is true that tapered bearings will handle a side-load better then your standard dual row setup. It depends on what type of riding you are doing though. I dont think the tapered bearings are sealed or seal as good as a double row. That is why many top pro xc racers use the double row setup. I have a billet doublerow carrier with a zerk. If you want easy acess to the zerk you can drill a hole in the swing arm and come up with some sort of a plug. Rite now im playing around with the idea of hooking a tube up to the zerk in the carrier and another zerk on the back of the swingarm. I just have to makesure i dont have any issues with chain tension adjustment.

justinh
01-25-2002, 03:43 PM
thanks for all the help guys, where can i get that recreations unlimited carrier at?

01-25-2002, 09:33 PM
I noticed Recreation Unlimited (RU Racing) in Dirt Wheels. There web site is www.recreationunlimited.com or their phone number is 1-800-209-6255 (East Coast) or 1-800-722-8097 (West Coast).

PS. I saved some money when I went with their Rad Lock and axle carrier combo. That nut (lock) is very trick. It is one of my "must have" items!!!!! Looks alot cooler than the stock one, and is a heck of alot easier to use!:)

Jekyl_22
01-27-2002, 09:19 AM
What's a Rad Lock?

TrengaBlaster3
01-27-2002, 02:39 PM
a rad lock is used to replace the stock axle nuts that come loose alot because they require alot of torque to tighten them down if you ever loosen them up. the rad lock is a replacment nut that usually has some type of allen bolt setup that will keep it tight on the threads so that it doesnt come loose.

Ex'rMike
01-29-2002, 08:18 PM
I have the Recreation Umlimited also. It is by far the best I have seen. It also has a lifetime warranty. I also recommend the RAD lock nut. A must have item, especially with tapered bearings.
ExerMike