PDA

View Full Version : Would it hurt to polish the oil tank?

stiffy
08-07-2003, 12:14 PM
Would I hurt anything if I stripped down my oil tank and polished it??

user101
08-07-2003, 12:26 PM
it wouldnt hurt anything...but ive heard its alot of work and u will proably want to get it clearcoated

nacs400ex
08-07-2003, 02:35 PM
Yeah your gunna want to clear coat it cause its steal... and it will rust after all that hard work if you dont.

luvmyex
08-10-2003, 03:10 AM
THe oil tank is alum. and wont rust.It is alot of sanding.I mean alot.I had about 12 hrs in mine all togeather.There is pics of it around here somewhere.Its alot of work but looks great when done.

bmw500hp
08-10-2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by luvmyex
THe oil tank is alum. and wont rust.It is alot of sanding.I mean alot.I had about 12 hrs in mine all togeather.There is pics of it around here somewhere.Its alot of work but looks great when done.

I have a friend who polished the brake rezy, engine cases, rear swinger and the oil tank. He then clearcoated when finished.

After that he popped on a set of those grey White bros. decals and painted the a-arms red.....the quad looks unreal! If you have the time to polish the tankk, ect...it makes a big difference :cool:

Rick, did you do anything with the engine? There is alot of em up on ebay ect. right now.