PDA

View Full Version : DeRisi Racing YFZ450 Shocks Press Release

Admin
08-07-2003, 12:29 AM
Press Release August 5,2003

YFZ450 Stock Suspension Modified By DeRisi Racing Inc.

DeRisi Racing has now developed the Pro Millennium kit for the new YFZ450. The Pro Millennium kit consists of all new high flow pistons, valving, and multiple rate springs for the front and rear shocks. The new pistons increase the oil flow, which gives the shocks a more smooth controlled feeling over the stock shocks. With the multiple rate springs you can control body roll, firmness, and ride height with a few simple adjustments. The spring setup will lower the YFZ450 from 1.5" to 3.5" depending on the customers needs. Setups will work for Motocross and Cross Country Racing.

Pricing:
Convert single rate front shocks to dual rate w/ Pro Millennium Piston kit $499.95
Call For Zero Preload Setups
Rear Pro Millennium Piston Revalve w/ aftermarket single rate spring $329.00
Rear Dual Rate Spring setup w/ Pro Millennium Valving also available Call for Pricing

www.derisiracing.com (http://www.derisiracing.com)

Dave400ex
08-07-2003, 04:04 AM
I think having that done would be the hot setup for guys not wanting to go with aftermarket shocks. I've heard from guys that have the Pro Millennium kit for their Works and it makes a huge difference. The only problem is, having the fronts done is expensive, and guys will just pay the extra to get new shocks.

Pappy
08-07-2003, 04:06 AM
cool for the yammy boyz:macho

get derisi on here:scary: id like his opinion on a few things:D

Santo DeRisi
08-07-2003, 04:54 AM
Well its me!
Santo DeRisi.

Everyone can ask me whatever they want.

sweet300ex
08-07-2003, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by Santo DeRisi
Well its me!
Santo DeRisi.

Welcome to the site!

Pappy
08-07-2003, 04:56 AM
saweeet!!!! welcome to the site:D

so...whats the scoop on the new yammy shocks? we have heard people say they are as good as aftermarket:confused:

Santo DeRisi
08-07-2003, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
I think having that done would be the hot setup for guys not wanting to go with aftermarket shocks. I've heard from guys that have the Pro Millennium kit for their Works and it makes a huge difference. The only problem is, having the fronts done is expensive, and guys will just pay the extra to get new shocks.

The thing is the quality of the stock shocks are excellent so we felt that there isn't any reason to buy new aftermarket shocks. With our valving and spring setup you wouldn't have to buy new shocks b/c that setup would be better and cheaper than your top of the line aftermarket shocks. We are trying to support the "Production" type ways.

Santo DeRisi
08-07-2003, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
saweeet!!!! welcome to the site:D

so...whats the scoop on the new yammy shocks? we have heard people say they are as good as aftermarket:confused:

The quality on most of the parts are as good as aftermarket shocks but valving and spring setup is not setup for everyone. That is why we developed the dual rate springs and new valving to be able to customize for every type of rider and riding conditions.

EastCoast330
08-07-2003, 05:10 AM
I have a question about shocks and front-ends in general, My front a-arms one side hangs lower than the other side of the quad, could it be a shock problem or is something bent on the front end?

Thanks,

Santo DeRisi
08-07-2003, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by EastCoast330
I have a question about shocks and front-ends in general, My front a-arms one side hangs lower than the other side of the quad, could it be a shock problem or is something bent on the front end?

Thanks,

That depends on a few things. What type of a-arms and shocks do you have? The ball joint could be binding. How new is everything?

EastCoast330
08-07-2003, 05:32 AM
I have the stock a-arms that are about 3 years old, the shocks are works dual-rate with rezzies they are about 6 months old. I pulled the shocks off and let the front end hang off the lift and one side is still lower than the other. I pulled the tie-rods off and still the same result.

Thanks Mr. DeRisi

OCCRA288
08-07-2003, 05:49 AM
Hey Santo,
This is Eric Martin, I got those springs installed Tuesday after work. They feel MUCH better than the works springs. Plus they look better to :D.

Everyone I can attest to Santo's Pro Millenium Kit, I have it in my Works Steelers. His kit made it feel as good as the Elkas I've ridden, just without all the sag. Whoo HAH!

Santo DeRisi
08-07-2003, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by EastCoast330
I have the stock a-arms that are about 3 years old, the shocks are works dual-rate with rezzies they are about 6 months old. I pulled the shocks off and let the front end hang off the lift and one side is still lower than the other. I pulled the tie-rods off and still the same result.

Thanks Mr. DeRisi

Well,
Your a-arm must be bent or you have a bad ball joint not letting the arm fully extend.

Santo DeRisi
08-07-2003, 06:02 AM
Here are some pictures of the YZF Pro Millennium Kit.

http://www.derisiracing.com/atv/images/dryfz01.jpg

Santo DeRisi
08-07-2003, 06:04 AM
Here is one more picture:

http://www.derisiracing.com/atv/images/dryfz04.jpg

monkeyboy
08-07-2003, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by Santo DeRisi
Well its me!
Santo DeRisi.

wat u no bouts tecotttys santa:confused:

popo
08-07-2003, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by monkeyboy
wat u no bouts tecotttys santa:confused:

He is asking "What do you know about tecotties Santo"

You need to be a little drunk in order to understand Monky's slllobbel...

Santo DeRisi
08-07-2003, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by popo
He is asking "What do you know about tecotties Santo"

You need to be a little drunk in order to understand Monky's slllobbel...

Thanks!

I am not that up to par on those b/c there really isn't that many.

What do you want to know?

MSL
08-07-2003, 06:47 AM
wat u no bouts tecotttys santa

Monkeybutt you crack me up:D

Back to topic
How much does the kit cost?

Santo DeRisi
08-07-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by MSL
Monkeybutt you crack me up:D

Back to topic
How much does the kit cost?

If you are talking about the 450 suspension pricing is as follows:
Front Dual Rate springs w/ Pro Millennium Kit $579.50
Rear single spring w/pro millennium kit $329.00

MSL
08-07-2003, 07:55 AM
If you are talking about the 450 suspension pricing is as follows:
Front Dual Rate springs w/ Pro Millennium Kit $579.50
Rear single spring w/pro millennium kit $329.00

Thanks

Welcome to the site:cool:

cdalejef
08-07-2003, 09:16 AM
Hi Santo!!!:D

hollywood43
08-07-2003, 09:34 AM
Hi Santo. Welcome to the forum. I was going to have Works setup my front dual rate Steelers since I'm adding +2 extended a-arms. I was told that I could have the shocks revalved/resprung to allow for more travel with the a-arms. Do you offer that service? If so, what is the charge? Also, are you able to add rezzies to these shocks or do I need to go back to Works? If you guys can make these things feel like Elkas then I'm all for it! Thanks!!

Dave400ex
08-07-2003, 10:15 AM
Welcome to the site Santo. It's great to have you here. I guess if the stockers are really that good, in the end you would be saving money by going with this setup. Hopefully the new Honda has shocks like the YFZ and can be rebuilt, so we can save some money.

08-07-2003, 12:09 PM
man this rocks I want this set up for my YFZ for sure. What kind of turn around time do you have on them. I am getting them for sure.

Wingnut
08-07-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by GNCCer
man this rocks I want this set up for my YFZ for sure. What kind of turn around time do you have on them. I am getting them for sure.

I'm curious, have you ever ridden at Brown Mountain?

modracer5
08-07-2003, 01:05 PM
welcome to the site Santo!!!

08-07-2003, 01:43 PM
I'm curious, have you ever ridden at Brown Mountain?

If that is the place in NC that I drove 7 hours to ride at YES. who you.

Wingnut
08-07-2003, 02:31 PM
My skidplate came loose.

cjpoole1
08-07-2003, 03:32 PM
I would like to know the turn around time also.

Santo DeRisi
08-07-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by MSL
Thanks

Welcome to the site:cool:

Thanks

Santo DeRisi
08-07-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Hi Santo!!!:D

Hello Jeff!

Nice to talk to you again :)

Santo DeRisi
08-07-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by hollywood43
Hi Santo. Welcome to the forum. I was going to have Works setup my front dual rate Steelers since I'm adding +2 extended a-arms. I was told that I could have the shocks revalved/resprung to allow for more travel with the a-arms. Do you offer that service? If so, what is the charge? Also, are you able to add rezzies to these shocks or do I need to go back to Works? If you guys can make these things feel like Elkas then I'm all for it! Thanks!!

I can do a full Pro Millennium Kit in those and they will work great!
The valving kit for the pair is $250 and then the stainless lines and reservoirs are extra. I think that the lines and fittings are $25.00 per shock and the reservoirs from works are around $80.00 each i think.

user101
08-07-2003, 04:47 PM
welcome to the site santo

Santo DeRisi
08-07-2003, 04:49 PM
Welcome to the site Santo. It's great to have you here. I guess if the stockers are really that good, in the end you would be saving money by going with this setup. Hopefully the new Honda has shocks like the YFZ and can be rebuilt, so we can save some money.

Thank you I am glad to be here! I hope that the new Honda does have the rebuildable front shocks but I think we might be disappointed :( I think that it is a good idea b/c it goes more with the "Production" type ways. I think that we need more quads like the YFZ so that we can get the Manfactures to start giving us racers some factory backing! Also the money saving thing always helps!! :)

Santo DeRisi
08-07-2003, 04:52 PM

Whats up Nathan??

:D

Santo DeRisi
08-07-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by modracer5
welcome to the site Santo!!!

Thank You

Santo DeRisi
08-07-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by cjpoole1
I would like to know the turn around time also.

Right now at the moment it is going to be around 2 weeks or so b/c we are still waiting on all the parts that are in production. So when we get everything settled it will be faster. I hope within 2 more weeks everything will be rocking!

Santo DeRisi
08-07-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by user101
welcome to the site santo

Thank You!

zfire_28
08-07-2003, 09:58 PM
dam, thats a lot for the fronts

YZROOSTINYA
08-08-2003, 09:04 AM
your getting springs AND valving for 2 shocks

My rear was 320 alone

so you can say thanks for discount:blah:

denile
08-08-2003, 12:25 PM
How much longer till the new shocks come out?

gncc400exxx
08-08-2003, 02:33 PM
Hi Santo!

Welcome to the site.

Looks like there are quite a few good questions being asked ,and some good answer from you. That's what makes this site cool.:cool:

Santo DeRisi
08-08-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by zfire_28

There is a lot of time, work, and parts that i have to machine to make the shocks dual rate. That is also with all new valving and pistons. I tried to keep the cost as low as i could.
Sorry.

Santo DeRisi
08-08-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by YZROOSTINYA

My rear was 320 alone

Who done your suspension work? What bike do you have?

Santo DeRisi
08-08-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by YZROOSTINYA

My rear was 320 alone

Never mind my post to you asking about who done your suspension i see you had gotten Elka.
Sorry.

Santo DeRisi
08-08-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by denile
How much longer till the new shocks come out?

Not really sure yet i hate to say and be wrong. Something like that takes a lot of time to get perfect. :)

Santo DeRisi
08-08-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by gncc400exxx
Hi Santo!

Welcome to the site.

Looks like there are quite a few good questions being asked ,and some good answer from you. That's what makes this site cool.:cool:

Yeah thanks! I try to help everyone as much as i can!

Dave400ex
08-09-2003, 05:03 PM
Santo did you ever develop a Pro Millennium setup for Elka's? I was just wondering if you could do something with them, just a revalve/rebuild would be nice. How much would that run front and rear also? Thanks

jamiesel
08-10-2003, 08:06 AM
Mr. Santos,

Thank you for entering the site to answer questions. I am interested in your services as well. My biggest dissapontment with the Yfz that I bought so far is the stiff suspention. I spend most of my time in the sand dunes and prefer my z400 stockers believe it or not. I have loosened the z's stocker rear as far as it will go and feels great out there.

I have bought some quad rate elkas loosened them up all the way and love them on my dale. They are long travels. I have a set of long travel t-pins on my 250r PEP and love that set up. But the yfz is so rough in the sand at low speeds that it tires you out prematurly. I will loosen them all the way before I go again and see how they work but I am concerned that it will not have enough shock left for jumps.

Will you be introducing a cushy set up for sand fanatics? I think a shock manufacture should go after this specific market as there are so many of us that are so hooked at it that cost is not as much of a factor as performance.

Santo DeRisi
08-10-2003, 05:21 PM
Santo did you ever develop a Pro Millennium setup for Elka's? I was just wondering if you could do something with them, just a revalve/rebuild would be nice. How much would that run front and rear also? Thanks

I am sorry but i haven't developed a PMV kit for the Elkas. I can revalve and rebuild them. For a front service you are looking at $145 for the pair or $175 (Pair) for revalving on Elka's pistons.

Santo DeRisi
08-10-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by jamiesel
Mr. Santos,

Thank you for entering the site to answer questions. I am interested in your services as well. My biggest dissapontment with the Yfz that I bought so far is the stiff suspention. I spend most of my time in the sand dunes and prefer my z400 stockers believe it or not. I have loosened the z's stocker rear as far as it will go and feels great out there.

I have bought some quad rate elkas loosened them up all the way and love them on my dale. They are long travels. I have a set of long travel t-pins on my 250r PEP and love that set up. But the yfz is so rough in the sand at low speeds that it tires you out prematurly. I will loosen them all the way before I go again and see how they work but I am concerned that it will not have enough shock left for jumps.

Will you be introducing a cushy set up for sand fanatics? I think a shock manufacture should go after this specific market as there are so many of us that are so hooked at it that cost is not as much of a factor as performance.

The stock YFZ suspension is very stiff from the factory! We have developed a Pro Millennium Valve kit and a dual rate spring setup for it that make the ride so much better. The setup will be very competitive against aftermarket shocks. We have a press release w/ some photos that is posted on our website at http://www.derisiracing.com/atv/atvindex.htm

Santo DeRisi
08-10-2003, 05:32 PM
Actually the press release is on here also! :)

quadman21
08-11-2003, 02:20 AM

Huh? You must have never bought shocks before. You would pay WELL over $579 for a pair of fully adjustable front shocks. With the re-valve kit and springs your basically going to get a high dollar, high end, top of the line suspension set up. I have had Derisi's shocks. So from first hand experience I can tell you that his re-valve kit would be the way to go for any application!

Santo DeRisi
08-11-2003, 05:05 PM
Due to high demands for this kit has allowed us to have a new price setup for the front Pro Millennium kits for the YFZ. New pricing for the Pro Millennium revalve and converting the front shocks to dual rate springs will be $499.95 and the rear is going to stay the same.

cjpoole1
08-12-2003, 06:34 AM
This is sounding more interesting now with the lower price. How much for the zero preload on the front?

Santo DeRisi
08-12-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by cjpoole1
This is sounding more interesting now with the lower price. How much for the zero preload on the front?

I am still working that out. I am doing a MX setup for ATV Sport magazine here in the next week or so. I will no more then. Pricing may be a little more depending on the springs and hardware i will just have to see.