PDA

View Full Version : Coos Bay for Labor Day Weekend?

twisted threads
08-06-2003, 11:46 PM
I just wanted to know how many EXriders members are going to be a Coos during labor day weekend? I will be there friday-monday.:cool:

out4sand
08-07-2003, 05:28 AM
I'll be there with a group of freinds Thurs-Mon staying at Horsfalls. :D

dirtmomma
08-07-2003, 05:43 AM
HEY HEY are you guys coming up to Tahuya state park this weekend????? You should we have about 8 of us from here meeting up here's a link to the threadhttp://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=63434&goto=newpost

twisted threads
08-08-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by out4sand
I'll be there with a group of freinds Thurs-Mon staying at Horsfalls. :D

I hope to see you there!!:D Hey what was the name of your buddy with the 350r??

twisted threads
08-08-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
HEY HEY are you guys coming up to Tahuya state park this weekend????? You should we have about 8 of us from here meeting up here's a link to the threadhttp://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=63434&goto=newpost

no im not :( I have to many things to do this weekend. If it was a dune trip I might half to change my plans ;)

Narly R
08-12-2003, 06:33 AM
When is Memorila day weekend? Like how many weeks from now, thats one of the worst weekends over there...:ermm: I might go...

rhandw69
08-12-2003, 12:13 PM
What is the rule for Coos bay as far as sand camping. Is there any and do you need any permits for labor day weekend there??If I get my bike rebuilt in time thats the plan to go there or winchester. It all depends if the bike is done by then.

QuadJunkies
08-12-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by twisted threads
I just wanted to know how many EXriders members are going to be a Coos during labor day weekend? I will be there friday-monday.:cool: Ryan.Dont forget the camera this time......:o :p ;)

twisted threads
08-13-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Ryan.Dont forget the camera this time......:o :p ;)

:o :o lol

twisted threads
08-13-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by rhandw69
What is the rule for Coos bay as far as sand camping. Is there any and do you need any permits for labor day weekend there??If I get my bike rebuilt in time thats the plan to go there or winchester. It all depends if the bike is done by then.

Im not surtain but I think you can sand camp for a little fee. Your going to half to do some calling around to see for sure.:cool:

neece0330
08-13-2003, 03:29 AM
Where is Coos Bay??

Bretmd94
08-13-2003, 04:36 AM
You have to get a permit to sand camp on big weekends. Im not sure who you call up but find out soon because they have to mail it to you.

Im going to be there. Im staying in our place at Saunders Lake.

Look for a guy on a stock red 400ex w/ Arens Nerfs and an old 13 state american flag as a flag. I should be in a group with a black raptor, maybe a bummy looking drag banshee (hes going to paint the plastic but didnt have time so its all sanded), and others. Hopefully with a girl on the back. :devil:

out4sand
08-15-2003, 08:21 AM
twisted threads

I hope to see you there!! Hey what was the name of your buddy with the 350r??

I'm not sure exactly who you are talking about. I have 2 buddies with really hopped up R's. One guy's name is Dan and the other guy is Rex. Dan's is a 370 long rod I believe and Rex's is a crazy custom 420ish-power valve. I know Dan's R will be down for Labor Day but I'm not sure about Rex's. Rex needs a new set of cases but I know that he trying hard to get it back running before that weekend. I'll probably take a few rips up Boxcar on Dan's R....it's a blast to ride

Rhan
If I get my bike rebuilt in time thats the plan to go there or winchester. It all depends if the bike is done by then.

Didn't you just get your 400 done? Give Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area a call to get your sand camping permit 541-271-3611

Chef
08-15-2003, 08:26 AM
I will be there next weekend (around the 23rd) with a group of about 30 people. Its all the guys from the Wildcat TT series. At the Coos Bay KOA. IF anyones gonna be there, look for my Banshee.

KrazyKid300ex
08-15-2003, 08:49 AM
Did any of you hear about the accident in Coos Bay on the beach? There was a 14 year old boy on a rental 250ex that took a wrong path. he was trying to go to the beach off the coast guard road somewhere and he took a trail and he went to the beach but he took a trail that had been washed out and he dropped down about 12 feet onto the beach. The kid ended with a gashed shin from the footpeg from the 250ex. He was converted to an ambulance at horsefall also on a stretcher all straped in.

Anyway, has anyone ever heard that? Happened on july 5th.
he was on Tv, in newspapers, on the radio also

Chef
08-15-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by KrazyKid300ex
Did any of you hear about the accident in Coos Bay on the beach? There was a 14 year old boy on a rental 250ex that took a wrong path. he was trying to go to the beach off the coast guard road somewhere and he took a trail and he went to the beach but he took a trail that had been washed out and he dropped down about 12 feet onto the beach. The kid ended with a gashed shin from the footpeg from the 250ex.

Anyway, has anyone ever heard that? Happened on july 5th.

Its not a big deal, stuff like that happens everyday.

KrazyKid300ex
08-15-2003, 09:04 AM
i think you don't understand were in coming from.

rhandw69
08-16-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by out4sand
Rhan

Didn't you just get your 400 done? Give Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area a call to get your sand camping permit 541-271-3611 [/B]

I Fried the crank, bearing, cylinder and basically everything from the the crank to the head. The head was actually fine, but i had to replace the crank, bearings, new cylinder and piston kit.The parts are in, im just waiting for it to all be installed. I think the guy who is doing the rebuilt is just waiting for the cylinder to come back. Hopefully will be up and running by the end of the month. The wife wont let me touch her bike rite now, even though last weekend we went to the longview sand/dirt drags and i entered her bike to race. It was fun, i think we are going again that first weekend after labor day.

KrazyKid300ex
08-16-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Chef
Its not a big deal, stuff like that happens everyday.

OK OK OK.....It was me. thats why its all detailed and stuff. yea i took a wrong path off the coast guard road and fell off a sandy embanqument onto the beach.

Chef
08-16-2003, 08:31 PM
Yea...that kinda crap happens all the time. I almost did it once. Just gotta be careful.

KrazyKid300ex
08-17-2003, 01:47 AM
Yea it was my first time to the dunes and my grandpa was way behind my an a sand rail and we were with his friends so i was follwing the coast guard road with them and then out of no where my grandpa is gone and his buddies in rails in front of me were too. so i decided to go to the beach to see if they were there. i would be able to keep up on my yfz now:D :D if i shipped it from CT

redrooster
08-17-2003, 04:12 PM
Whats the db limit down there and are they pretty strict about it?

JOEX
08-17-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by redrooster
Whats the db limit down there and are they pretty strict about it?
The limit is 93db. I was there with a group a few weeks ago and most of us had aftermarket pipes. No one in our group got tested and one guy had a Raptor with a Trinity pipe and MoFo was LOUD.
I think it is hit or miss when they do the testing.

Joe

rc3
08-19-2003, 12:19 PM
You only have to have permits for the holiday weekends, anyways call this number to get permits 541-271-3611
Hope that helps you!!