PDA

View Full Version : 300ex, help me with new tires (MX/sand/dirt)

Magicfan25
08-06-2003, 05:56 PM
ok, I need tires in a hurry guys, these stockers dont cut it out here. The MX track is like sand and crushed shell. Few other places its thick dirt or sandy.

After reading up I really think Kenda claws are the way to go. Are there different models of this tire? I might do SOME trail riding, but not much and nowhere I need extra clearance and no bunches of rocks to pop tires.

I just ride the MX tracks for fun, but I need somethin to hook..spinnin through the track is no fun.

Also size recomendations please..im runnin the stock rims (sizes front and back).... It looks like 22" up front and 20" in the back after searching around here. What width?

Sorry for all the Qs..im a total tire newbie...been runnin stockers all my life.

I dunno if it matters but heres a quick rundown
stock sprockets
stock rims
full FMF megamaxxII exhaust
TwinAir filter

thanks guys

300extreme#8
08-07-2003, 05:17 AM
well the track i go to has sand and lose dirt and a few hard packed places and i have stock 400ex tires,i don't know if they are the best(prob not)but they've worked for me

dirtmomma
08-07-2003, 05:50 AM
I run grooved turf tamers(18x11x8) on the rear of mine w/ stock fronts for now( have some klaw mx fronts(20x6x10) on order now) & they do good on hard & loose pack, my hubby runs Razrs(6 ply) on his 400ex & those hook up really good too!! Good luck.

Magicfan25
08-07-2003, 06:03 AM
right now im lookin at the kenda klaws, holeshots and gcb (Somethin like that) shredders. The guy at the track with a banshee i talked too said his shredders had a better wear rate than his daughters hole shots on her banshee. The Klaws looks pretty interesting though, run one way for hard pack, the other way for soft.

MR. EXTOXIC
08-07-2003, 02:22 PM
get my set up (look below) they work good in the pits and ind the sand

Diedrich
08-07-2003, 05:01 PM
kendas..or get some turf tamers for the rear...i like the razr mx's also..get 18's for the back and 20's for the front if u ride the track mostly

Magicfan25
08-07-2003, 05:40 PM
im real glad you said that about the 18s..i was just looking and the 20 and 22 were 6ply, i dont want or need that. Gonna give the Kendas a try.

Im keepin my stockers to put on some cheap rims when i find em