PDA

View Full Version : 89 trx 250r

85 atc 250 r
08-05-2003, 03:34 PM
I have a ? for you honda guys?What color was the frame on a 89 trx 250r?I have found 89 model with this list of parts,What do you guy think it is worth?It has White power front shocks with piggy back resivors that are adjustable.It has stainless steel braded lines, plus 2 up one inch a-arms made by Leager's, it has all the original plastic that is in very good condition (front plastic is race cut), it has gradon pro line nerf bars, lonestar steering stem with denton steering stabalizer, answer pro taper bars with anti-vibration lonestar handle bar mount, DG rear grab bar, it has got an adjustable expansion chamber, white brothers silencer, it has a chrome plated plus 2 durablue axle with posi lock axle nut, durablue brake hub, durablue sprocket hub, it has bead lock rims on the rear with reinforced bead ring, rear shock has also been modified with a larger stem diameter from white power, it has turf tamers on the rear, front tires unknown on stock rims, with brand new 89 crank assembly with ct jug and a cool head cylinder head.Here is the bad news; the motor was fired up and blowed the head gasket.Come to find out, the cyliinder head studs had pulled out of the jug.Is there anyway this cylinder could be repaired or does a new cylinder need to be purchased?thankx kevin.

CBW
08-05-2003, 03:59 PM
the frame on 88/89 R's were red..........

as far as the quad being worth buying,,,,,i dont know,,,,everything is going 4-stroke so the r's should get cheaper,,,,,,,,,,MAYBE?????,,,i would give maybe 3500 for it cause i would NOT use that jug,,,,,,,,a new one would be in order.

here is what i have in my r,,,,,,,,,,

an 88 purchased stock for 4500, stock framed PC'ed black with metallic flake, ALL NEW OEM plastic, custom axis all around, stock swing arm w/LSR carrier, LSR chrome a arms stock width, RPM XC axle, DG pro peg nerfs, pro taper bars, stock 88 bottom end with excellent crank, ESR 310 Top End, 38mm A/S carb, ESR TRX 5 pipe, full hinson 8 plate clutch set up w/quick change cover PC'ed black with polished quick change, new OEM fibers and steels, new mechanical water seal and impeller shaft bearing, braided lines front and rear, douglas ultimate billet rims with razrs, confederate flag seat cover, ESR billet motor mounts, ESR billet water pump cover, ESR billet kick starter, all LSR hubs, RIS designs billet pipe hangers, ris designs polished shrouds and louver--with clear PC, DuraBlue billet bullet shaped lug nuts, prm baja front bumper, prm wide redar grab bar, richochet full chassis skid, prm swing arm skid, quick adjust clutch lever, levers PC'ed translucent red, sidewinder tool steel sprockets and chain....and probably some stuff i am forgetting,,,,,,,......all done for about 15-16,000.........id be lucky to get 5500.......

sorry for the long post,,,,,,,,,,but the point is,,IMO,,,,,, id only give 3500 at the most for that 89;) ,,,,,,,,

kabd69667
08-05-2003, 04:08 PM
you have the right year for sure, but i'd be a little hesitant on that one. I didn't even know White Brothers made silencers for two strokes...Look around for a while, like CBW said, the 250r's will be dropping in value with these new quads coming out. Great time for buyers.

85 atc 250 r
08-06-2003, 01:23 AM
thankx for the info guys.that may just be a sticker on silencer,I was going by some pics on that one.He is wanting to trade my 99kx250 for it ,do you think it is worth it.thanks again.