PDA

View Full Version : MX practice in Kentucky

WhiteZee
08-05-2003, 12:15 PM
Hi, im new here as you can see from my post count, but i bought a 300ex a few days ago and one of my friends is telling my i should get into MX. Befor i go and spend $1k+ on a nice suspention, does anyone know a track were i can go and practice a little bit and see if i really like MX, and want to spend the money???

thanks

08-05-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by WhiteZee
Hi, im new here as you can see from my post count, but i bought a 300ex a few days ago and one of my friends is telling my i should get into MX. Befor i go and spend $1k+ on a nice suspention, does anyone know a track were i can go and practice a little bit and see if i really like MX, and want to spend the money???

thanks

well neighbor what's goin on.. I"M from Louisville too and go to all the close MX tracks. Were ya from in louisville??

I might be riding at a track this friday night in trimble co..which is out I-71..56 miles from my house on greenwood rd...:D

BS300ex5
08-06-2003, 05:15 AM
hey rico i too would like ot know a few tracks ... i am 2 hours northeast of louisville in ky right near cincinati oh. which one do u knwo of closest to me?

WhiteZee
08-06-2003, 10:05 AM
hey, whats up rico, i live in springhurst, it is right near the summit shopping mall, or tensel town move theater, where are you from??? so you guys dont know of any tracks i could go practice at???

08-06-2003, 01:01 PM
Whitezee i work in the big building behind the summit mall. OUt I-71 there is a MX track called D-track that you can practice at from fri - sun and it only cost $5. I"m goin there this friday if it's not to muddy. You wanna go???

BS300 this track isn't too far from you I don't guess.. Like exit 36 maybe or something. Its a small track but it has a ton of jumps and it's fun as hell i think.. Other tracks are south in Eastview, KY,,,,,,, Motorhead in santa cluase, IN............Blackrock in lietchfield, ky............. that's about all the ones i go too...

This pic was taken at D-track which is the one off I-71

http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/images/stepup_good.jpg

WhiteZee
08-06-2003, 02:37 PM
what time are you going and how long does it take to get there from the summit? do you work in that big black office building near the summit?? what kind of car/truck do you drive?

kyex40047
08-06-2003, 03:19 PM
I would also like to find some good places to go practice mx too. I'd like to go race up at trimble county this weekend, but last night at a race, I got thrown over the front and hurt my wrist so i can't, but Rico, are you going to go to the Hancock co. fair on the 15th, if you are what are you going to be ridin in maybe I'll see you there.

08-07-2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by WhiteZee
what time are you going and how long does it take to get there from the summit? do you work in that big black office building near the summit?? what kind of car/truck do you drive?

It takes about 30 minutes from the summit mall. I see the mall lookin out of the window in my office so i'm close. I'll have the quad and gear with me if i go tomorrow night. I'll leave after work which will be about 6:00. I"ll ride till about 8:30 or so and then head home.. I"m gonna call dennis the track owner today and see if its rideable.. If not I might go out there sunday..

KYex i won't be going to that fair,,,I'll be at the lake all weekend..

nky400
08-07-2003, 03:18 AM
BS300ex5 - I am from alexandria too. where do you ride at? let me know, we should hook up and ride sometime.

08-07-2003, 08:08 AM
D-track is open and ready for riders. If we don't get any hard rain tonight or tomorrow I'll be heading down there.

You guys let me know if ya wanna follow me down..we can meet up at the summit or something.. 30 minutes away from a good time...:D

kyex40047
08-07-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Rico
D-track is open and ready for riders. If we don't get any hard rain tonight or tomorrow I'll be heading down there.

You guys let me know if ya wanna follow me down..we can meet up at the summit or something.. 30 minutes away from a good time...:D

I'd like to go but I can't this time, but maybe some other time when my wrist feels better, me and WhiteZee can meet you up at the summit and then go riding.