PDA

View Full Version : banshee freestyle

98c13
08-05-2003, 12:04 PM
does any ride a banshee or have pics of a banshee do freestyle

Fast250EX
08-05-2003, 01:10 PM
A shee is not the best ATV to have for freestyle IMO. They are pretty nose heavy so it feels like you are jumping a utility quad except with long travel suspension. I have seen several 'shee riders go over the bars. In fact, I saw a guy on TV the other day go over the bars cause his nose was too low and it flipped forward and the grab bar nailed him and threw him back.

I've seen the Kangaroo Kid jump a Banshee before. I think he jumped over a jet, it was sweet.:D

Dan_Guetter
08-05-2003, 01:27 PM
derek my little bro has some freestlye pics on a banshee from back in the days!!! not to bad for a stock machine!

QuAdRaCeR244
08-05-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
derek my little bro has some freestlye pics on a banshee from back in the days!!! not to bad for a stock machine!

i'd liek to see those:p

rider250ex
08-08-2003, 01:21 PM
did any of you see when i think it was the kangaroo kid try to jump the ferry wit the banshee and he clipped the top and flew off into the water...that was sweet

hondarider27
08-08-2003, 09:36 PM
i think banshees are cool but jumping thems a joke. they feel funny (i have heard) but i don't know for sure. i think some are pretty cool.

Fast250EX
08-09-2003, 03:56 AM
I have heard they are nose heavy in the mags and from when I see them jumping around I'd say that's true. Anything other than drag racing and the 'shee is out of it's league IMO.

Oh, and yes I saw the KK jump the ferry or boat thing. That was sweet. His front end hit the top of the boat and he went flying over the bars in mid-air and the both landed in water. It was sorta cool watching the 'shee sink.:D

Chef
08-09-2003, 08:49 PM
You guys are all going from "what you've heard". Well maybe you oughta ride one and go for a big 4th or 5th gear leap and then say how it really is. Any real rider on the bike can ride it fast in close to any conditions. Mud is a no, real dusty slick is a no, etc.

Wired
08-09-2003, 10:18 PM
i agree with chef on this one. dont give reviews about something you know nothing about. my first actual quad was a 1987 banshee and i thought it jumped perfectly fine. im not talking about no 40 foot gaps either. just keep the "ive heard" reviews to a minimum guys. :blah:

Fast250EX
08-11-2003, 10:45 AM
I have not rode a 'shee as I will admit but I have seen plenty jump to form an opinion. I am not saying a 'shee is a bad jumper but it just takes a different style that most people aren't used to in a sport quad. The same people that jump a 'shee fine at the track are getting the nose very high on a 400EX so that shows it needs a different technique and since I personally would rather have my nose a little too high than a little too low, I would feel more comfortable hitting a double on a 400EX or similar quad.

Of course I am a 4 stroke guy so maybe the fact that it is a 2 stroke immediately makes me stereotype it in other aspects. Or maybe I am just not a Yamaha fan.:rolleyes:

Just wanted to let you know that I am not speaking from some chit I read in a magazine. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't at least see a couple quads pass by the house loaded up. I love Kentucky.
:D

Torn66
08-11-2003, 11:32 AM
i have 2 banshees- and in its stock form its a pain in that *** to jump. I have cleared the big step up at rauch on the stocker but it was VERY sketcy.

I have a mx banshee completely upgraded- w/ 250r geometry and I love the way it jumps...takes alot of getting used to and you have to be pretty precise with the powerband-but it works well.

for Freestyle- its kind of a pain b/c you have to be right n with the throttle to get it to fly straight to then be able to throw your body around.

and it has a high seat hight compared to an R- so can-cans get hairy- I got caught about 3 yrs ago and somehow landed sidesaddle and jumped off- but it was an eye opener!!

rider250ex
08-12-2003, 03:58 PM
i jump my bros shee all the time...it takes a little more effort than a quad like a 400ex but they do fly pretty good.