08-05-2003, 09:53 AM
I do both....

MX is more fun i think..

XC is more of a challenge though..:muscle:

dannyboy20
08-05-2003, 10:00 AM
whats the difference between the two ??? :confused:

08-05-2003, 10:09 AM
MX is laps on a MX track with lots of jumps. usually a race last less than 15 minutes.

XC is about 2 hours long thru the woods.. :eek:

imac
08-06-2003, 02:09 AM
i like to play ride both but for racing ,mx is a lot of hurry up and wait and it takes all day. Quads usually race last and get home late. For xc you can watch some bikes and take it easy bs'ing with buddies then go race all at once. I prefer xc way over mx, I went to 3 mx's this spring and left before the second moto because I was so bored and tired of waiting around.

08-06-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by imac
i like to play ride both but for racing ,mx is a lot of hurry up and wait and it takes all day. Quads usually race last and get home late. For xc you can watch some bikes and take it easy bs'ing with buddies then go race all at once. I prefer xc way over mx, I went to 3 mx's this spring and left before the second moto because I was so bored and tired of waiting around.

Yeah the waitin around at the MX track does suck. Spend all day to run 13 laps..:ermm: I have alot more fun just going to MX tracks and practicing. The money and time spent on racing MX just isn't worth it to me. But I do occasionally go to races just to see if I'm still as slow as I think i am..:scary:

Meek
08-07-2003, 10:45 PM
I always get my ars kicked in MX, but I do pretty good in XC. I like XC better, you can always get a good look at the trees.

dirtriderex
08-08-2003, 04:21 PM
XC is a better quad sport, MX is more of a dirtbike sport. I think you get your moneys worth racing XC and it takes more skill, woods, hills, part of MX tracks, streams, rocks, and endurance.

BigThumper33
08-08-2003, 05:14 PM
if you guys like bsing around...how can you not like MX then. Thats all mx is between motos. I love racing mx and hanging out shooting the sh*t with the guys. As far as it taking more skill to race xc...I wouldn't say that. They are both completely different...

08-09-2003, 02:34 AM
MX :macho

EX 80
08-09-2003, 03:04 AM
MX is only boring in between moto's if there are also dirt bikes racing. For me anyways. If i am at a race where its quads all day then its not boring because you can watch the other quads tear it up. Sometime i go to races where theres only 3 quad classes and like 25 dirt bike classes. Those really suck because dirt bikes are boring to me.

cdquad
08-11-2003, 09:34 AM
I think XC is the best kind of racing you can do. It is you against the elements, your machine, and other riders. You also had to be able to do everything. We run anywhere and everywhere.

ex kid
08-11-2003, 03:47 PM
pineway u giving up on hare scrambles after your tumble at frost? it was the worst crash ive seen so far. i was talking to a pro rider when you drove by on the way out and he was even like wow thats real bad.

bigfoot300ex
08-14-2003, 01:31 PM
i love both but i prefer mx

doublezero
08-16-2003, 05:22 PM
MX:macho

bansheeguy77
08-16-2003, 05:53 PM
xc is alot less dangerous for me i think....but mx is really fun too

dirtriderex
08-17-2003, 01:58 PM
less dangerous:confused: for me if you push your self you can really get hurt, never under estimate a sport;)

bansheeguy77
08-17-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by dirtriderex
less dangerous:confused: for me if you push your self you can really get hurt, never under estimate a sport;)

oh of course i know what u mean...but u see i grew up riding in mountains and tight woods...so racing xc im at home and relaxed and stuff....but yet 95% of the time i jump at the track im totally scared unless i have the jump down and on a new track its a killer

Bean
08-18-2003, 03:00 PM
both are challenging, you just need the skills in different places, personally, i like some of the waiting around, gives you time to relax, talk sh*t, and look at the ladies

quadracer99
08-21-2003, 11:43 AM
MX:macho :macho :cool: :devil: :scary:

AtvMxRider
08-21-2003, 11:54 AM
Both :)

quadchick3
08-21-2003, 12:08 PM
MX ALL THE WAY!!

ex kid
08-21-2003, 01:10 PM
wit xc da trees pop up in front of ya and spook ya inta hittin dem f ers. wit mx ya jus gotta gas it all da way.

250rmike
08-21-2003, 01:21 PM
i like both equally mx & xc i prefer mx though just because i am the type of person who likes to hit 40 or 50 ft jumps on a quad its just a thrill for me. i like xc too but i am more affraid of getting hurt crashing in xc than mx cause when i used to have my blaster when i was just starting to ride i hit a tree and broke my wrist i can still ride fast in xc but i think im just more comfortable in a mx race

quadchick3
08-21-2003, 01:30 PM
never raced xc before but wouldnt it be kinda boring i mean basically your trail riding but for time rite?? yah i think that would get old after the first 1/2 hour or so. You need to be out on a track where you are always on the gas, hittin jumps that you dont always make, runnin people off the track, watchin people scream and cheer you on, and actaully be racing. but hey thats just my opinion

Ryan
08-21-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by quadchick3
never raced xc before but wouldnt it be kinda boring i mean basically your trail riding but for time rite?? yah i think that would get old after the first 1/2 hour or so. You need to be out on a track where you are always on the gas, hittin jumps that you dont always make, runnin people off the track, watchin people scream and cheer you on, and actaully be racing. but hey thats just my opinion

Its alot more than that!

Flying through a (Average) 7-9 mile course through tight, technical trails, rocks, mud, fields, MX section, and whatever else may come in your way. Racing for nearly 2 hrs (GNCC) on an ATV means you better be in shape. It will kick the crap out of you.

If your in shape and racing XC, your on the gas more than you think! And there are people throughout the track to be there to cheer you on (if your important :D ) .

Both MX and XC are awesome, But I perfer XC. Its more my style :cool: .

quadchick3
08-21-2003, 01:48 PM
I still think mx is better. Yah it takes alot to do xc im sure but mx you just have to be like the best rider to survive out there or people will eat u alive.

400exmom
08-21-2003, 02:04 PM
i wish i could do doubles...sigh... i love mx but im too old for that chit and i have 2 kids to support on my own all i ever hear is all my buds breaking limbs in mx.. i gots to work! ill stick with the "boring" and "easy" xc...:D

400exmom
08-21-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by dirtriderex
less dangerous:confused: for me if you push your self you can really get hurt, never under estimate a sport;) DARN TREEZ!!!! but i think they're starting to move outa my way-;)

quadchick3
08-21-2003, 02:16 PM
lol, i think you should race mx! if you ride responsibly (oh god that sounded like something a dealer says when they sell u the quad) ok if u ride at ur own moderation then you shouldnt get hurt...( to bad atleast )and if ya stay outta the crazy peoples way lol

400exmom
08-21-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by quadchick3
lol, i think you should race mx! if you ride responsibly (oh god that sounded like something a dealer says when they sell u the quad) ok if u ride at ur own moderation then you shouldnt get hurt...( to bad atleast )and if ya stay outta the crazy peoples way lol in xc yer cluster'd for bout 10 min. of the race (i an anyway) then im on my own sometimes i wonder if im on the right freakin track and think im surely doin horrible buts when i finish im usually hangin a new plague on the wall in mx yer constantly clusterd and thats wasy more dangerous <i think so> i am just VERY intimidated by other racers and i need FULL concitration when ive got the 400 pinned ..dont think id do well... but im gonna give it a shot at the end of sept at sunset ridge in ill (and dirtriderex is goin to b there to RIGHT!!) soooo i might get hooked like i did with xc;) :devil:

Braff1
08-21-2003, 11:27 PM
After racing 2 XC races up at Haspin and 2XC races at Liberty Ky, I have to say I am hooked. While I have not actually raced MX, I have played on the track up at Haspin (play racing with my buds). To me XC is like MX racing with obsticle on the track. Some say you get bored, no way. If you have the true racing spirtit, you are trying to find ways to handle the differnt obsticles or to pic a better line between trees, it is more than just trail riding. Besides the trees buzzing by you make a little added xtra excitment.

MxDale71
08-23-2003, 07:06 AM
I personally like MX a lot more. XC is just to hard on the machine. If you get intimidated by other quad racers in MX, you would probably have some trouble racing bikes in MX. I used to race the quad intermediate class and I'm racing bikes now, and I can say that the bike riders are MUCH more aggressive. I don't see how you guys can get so bored in between moto's. If I'm not hanging out and having a good time w/ all my friends, I'm watching the other racers out there and watching how the faster guys do stuff (where the get on the brakes for corners and where they get back on the gas, riding style, and different lines) so I can try to use some of that to make myself faster on the track. I dunno, I guess I"m just a true hardcore racing fan, but I really enjoy every part of the MX races except for watching the ruts in the corners getting flattened out by quads. I've always felt that quads and bikes shouldn't race on the same days. I"m not hating on the quad guys because I felt that way when I was racing quads too. Quad riders usually like the flat corners that they can powerslide through and they tear up the tracks for us bike riders cause we like the ruts so we can rail the corners, so we tear up the tracks for you quad riders.

cdalejef
08-23-2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Braff1
After racing 2 XC races up at Haspin and 2XC races at Liberty Ky, I have to say I am hooked. While I have not actually raced MX, I have played on the track up at Haspin (play racing with my buds). To me XC is like MX racing with obsticle on the track. Some say you get bored, no way. If you have the true racing spirtit, you are trying to find ways to handle the differnt obsticles or to pic a better line between trees, it is more than just trail riding. Besides the trees buzzing by you make a little added xtra excitment. What kind of XC races are in Liberty KY? District 10?

Braff1
08-23-2003, 08:03 AM
It is actuall a poker run, you have 1 hour to run 5 laps. The lap times are usually about 10 min laps though hauling booty. But they have different sponsors pay out for fastest time, or 1/2/3, ETC, just depends on the sponsor.

cdalejef
08-23-2003, 08:07 AM
Oh, I see. Do they have a schedule?

Braff1
08-23-2003, 01:46 PM
2nd sunday of each month. Check over at Kentuckyriders.com. The owners son will post it over there.

Dan