PDA

View Full Version : WB Pro-Meg rivot problem

01-22-2002, 06:43 PM
I just purchased a WB Pro-Meg for my 400ex. I had it on and was beginning to fine tune the carburetion when I noticed a leak between the megaphone and the muffler where it is rivotted together. I took it back to Rocky Mountain ATV (great place) and they told me that WB does not do a swap, but instead wants the system back to look at it and either replace or repair it. This was kind of a bummer as I now have to wait up to 4 weeks to get it back. My question is this, while I was there, one of the guys told me that another person had a problem with the rivots actually coming out after riding his for a while. Has anyone else had this problem? I love the pipe, but I don't think I want to have one if I will be having problems down the line. :(

moodyjoe1
01-22-2002, 07:03 PM
Hey Redlin,I called White Bros. and they told me the same thing about returning it for inspection.They also told me that Wednesday is the only day the do warranty work but they would send back my exhaust the same way I send it to them.I sent it 2 day UPS on monday and got it back on that friday.Mine held up about a year though,and my new one hasn't had any probs in the past nine months.Hope that helps you.

01-22-2002, 08:36 PM
rivit them, the weld it togather, try it and see if that works

400exBro
01-24-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Red440EX
rivit them, the weld it togather, try it and see if that works

Do not do this, this is normal rivited exhaust sytems, i had the same problem, took it to my dealer he got me a new one the next day and it had the same problem. I called WB up the next day and they said it is normal you won't lose performence, it won't discolour. But he said if you don't like it leaking, just take some RV cilicone(sp) and with your finger speard it around the end of the (is this what you mean) and it will go away. It is working for me.
hope i helped out
400exBro