PDA

View Full Version : ordered some gecko's got ?'s

yellow400rider
08-04-2003, 03:28 PM
ok first thing is i ordered them in 21x11x10 w/ 10x8 douglas .190's. does this seem like a good size? i have never had paddles before and couldnt find the geckos in stock size. so will these b ok?

also...what does everyone think of these? i know there not as good as haulers but i hear there a pretty good rec sand tire. these will b going on my 400ex just in time for my pismo trip this weekend :D

Bad Habit
08-04-2003, 03:40 PM
These tires should be ok if you have a stock or mostly stock motor. When you start putting some big horesepower to them, these tires tend to just spin like a mofo. If you are stock, I'd recommend getting a 14t front sprocket to offset the slightly taller diameter. Sand really drags down a stock 400 motor and the gearing will help you out some. Just my $.02

batgeek
08-04-2003, 03:50 PM
i ran Sand Sharks with same dimensions on 8" rims. they worked pretty well. KFX400 with K&N and full CT system.

i kinda wished i got em on 9" rims...you loose a bit of power transfer due to sidewall flex.

hope this helps and have fun in the sand!!

yellow400rider
08-04-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Yellow416ex
These tires should be ok if you have a stock or mostly stock motor. When you start putting some big horesepower to them, these tires tend to just spin like a mofo. If you are stock, I'd recommend getting a 14t front sprocket to offset the slightly taller diameter. Sand really drags down a stock 400 motor and the gearing will help you out some. Just my $.02

thanks for the advice!! i have a sparks x-6, w/ uni, no lid, and re-jet for mods. why the 14t though? i normally just start out in second. i was suprised at how much success i had when i was last out there w/ the stock tires...

batgeek
08-04-2003, 04:28 PM
you will appreciate the grunt by going with a 14t. yeah you'll loose top speed, but sand robs power big time. i wished i had geared down on some of the bigger dunes.

steep hills + sand = ouch!