PDA

View Full Version : NEW TRX 450R is coming!!!!! **Post all 450R information here**

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

kwatts400
09-06-2003, 09:39 PM
If you are a member of the Honda Riders Club, you can see more than pictures on the 10th. If not, they should have pics of it on their website on the 11th.

dirtriderex
09-07-2003, 07:51 AM
can't figgin wait for the 450R, not some over sized ****z 650:macho

Kilabanshee
09-07-2003, 08:44 AM
Well i talked to my buddie walter young owner of east coast honda and there having a convention september 14th were there gonna unvale the new honda quad!!!!

holeshot19
09-07-2003, 03:44 PM
will it take to get this thing 2 40k posts

09-07-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by holeshot19
will it take to get this thing 2 40k posts not long with idiots like you tripple posting:rolleyes:

holeshot19
09-07-2003, 03:48 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by nacsracer27
not long with idiots like you tripple posting:rolleyes: [/ ok dont u need permision from your parents it be on the computerQUOTE] :eek:

Guy400
09-07-2003, 03:52 PM
holeshot19, this thread is for the topic of the new TRX450R and anything related to it. Driving up the page views and/or counts isn't related.

09-07-2003, 03:52 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by nacsracer27
not long with idiots like you tripple posting:rolleyes: [/ ok dont u need permision from your parents it be on the computerQUOTE] :eek: lmfao...why would i need permission to be on my computer that i paid for....

Bretmd94
09-07-2003, 04:13 PM
So is there new pics out yet? My neighbor said he was at the honda dealer to day and they showed him a black and white pic. He said it was not a drawing. THis guy is very trustworthy. He doesnt make stuff up. The only doubt i have is that it was a black and white pic of the drawing. Anyone else know about this pic?

Pahrump
09-07-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by TheWolf

also, is anyones dealer actually going to be at the show and report back to them? OR is anyone here actually going to be able to get into the show?

My dealer here in Las Vegas is going to the show and is supposed to get me all kinds of things when he leaves,

He also is gonna try to see if I can get in on Thursday or Friday, he said that the first day (wednesday) is for all the Gladhanding of the big wigs and stuff like that....

Later Scott

Bretmd94
09-07-2003, 08:17 PM
I wouldnt be suprised if we have pics tomorrow. We had pics of the YZF450 the day before from dealers and what not.

09-07-2003, 08:45 PM
Remember this, no reverse, kickstart only.
The drawing is quite close to the actual quad, and one of the aftermarket suspension manufacturers already has one.
The only thing I can't do is Roll over and let down my sources with too much info.
I hate being as cryptic as others on this thread and have no photograpic evidence to show all of you, but I will stick to my guns on the no reverse kick only claim.:macho

ROGERS
09-07-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by mrbluehair
...one of the aftermarket suspension manufacturers already has one.
The only thing I can't do is Roll ...
.:macho

] Roll huh? Got it.;)

kwatts400
09-08-2003, 12:41 AM
It should be on their website on the 11th.

sparky450AR
09-08-2003, 08:48 AM
three more days guys...hold your pants on:bandit: !

balla250ex
09-08-2003, 08:53 AM
I am trying to...:D

Evan400ex
09-08-2003, 09:46 AM
I was wondering if they are going to release it at midnight Tuesday night. It will actually be Wed. the 10th when it hits midnight but... you know what I am trying to say. Like what yamaha did with the YFZ. Or will they be releasing it anytime on there website on the 10th?:rolleyes:

GOMER007
09-08-2003, 11:15 AM
http://powersports.honda.com/atvs/sport/model.asp?ModelName=Sportrax+450EX&ModelYear=2004&ModelId=TRX450EX4:eek:

400grl
09-08-2003, 11:19 AM
I tried it - I got redirected back to their homepage.....what was that???

GOMER007
09-08-2003, 11:26 AM
sorry that worked for mee:confused2

hey guys I've found another sketch of the 450r and you can see it a little more clearly ...

the frame tubing looks pretty thick ... like it might be aluminum???

found this after searching on google and it sent me to the Honda page for Portugal. check it out ...

http://www.motos.honda.pt/pub.asp?id=13

here is a rough translation from the net ...

http://www.motos.honda.pt/imagesdyn/destaques/13_3.jpg :devil:

RiPPiNiTuP7
09-08-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by GOMER007

hey guys I've found another sketch of the 450r and you can see it a little more clearly ...

found this after searching on google and it sent me to the Honda page for Portugal. check it out ...

:cool:

trueblue450
09-08-2003, 12:03 PM
definatly aluminum framed..... but I wonder about the shocks.. ??

well see in 2 days!

RiPPiNiTuP7
09-08-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by trueblue450
definatly aluminum framed..... but I wonder about the shocks.. ??

well see in 2 days!

i see reserviors behind the shocks:D

Guy400
09-08-2003, 12:27 PM
I heard a rumor of dual-rate piggyback's from the factory instead of the progressive rate single spring on the YFZ. However, that could change come time for release. I'm also leaning away from an aluminum frame but again, that could change.

Ralph
09-08-2003, 01:18 PM
alumi frame
awesome shocks

been saying that for weeks

twisted threads
09-08-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by mrbluehair
Remember this, no reverse, kickstart only.

No reverse does not bother me at all but having it a kickstart only sucks if you ask me. I really don't care but its sure nice going from my R then getting on the Ex with the Electric start, its very nice to have.

norcal.z400
09-08-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by twisted threads
No reverse does not bother me at all but having it a kickstart only sucks if you ask me. I really don't care but its sure nice going from my R then getting on the Ex with the Electric start, its very nice to have.

that sure looks like a starter to me above the countershaft sprocket

09-08-2003, 01:57 PM
Now that we have a clearer picture of the drawing, if it stays reasonably close to this artist rendering, I can see rezzys, the frame looks like a steel tube unit, with gussetting around the resr piviot bolt a-la 250r gusset upgrade, giving the appearance of a thicker area. Look at a Kawasaki KX 250 to get the picture.
What does intregue me is the area under the red stripe on the seat, although I think it would be blocked by the riders legs, it looks like an air inlet similar to dirt bikes, and the front frame tubes that go at a completely different direction from the 250r 400ex angle. they seem to go up and in.
The one thing I know is that with the electric start as an option and no reverse I believe the new 450r will be @ 335 pounds.
On 9-10 please make sure to tell me if I'm wrong.

freakystone
09-08-2003, 02:10 PM

Actually, here is the exact translation from Portuguese to English...

"Day 10 of September, to HONDA presents him expected Super Sporting SPORTRAX 450R.

This model is based in the motor from the fantastic one CRF 450 R and is destined to the segment from the pure competition.

The SPORTRAX 450R is going to be the sporting top of range of the Motorbike 4 HONDA and should be available in Portugal in the end of the 1º quarter of 2004.

The SPORTRAX 400 EX is going to continue its sales, with the objectivo of satisfy the medium sporting segment (not so radical).

Day 11 of September we will inform more details about this model."

coryatver
09-08-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Evan400ex
I was wondering if they are going to release it at midnight Tuesday night. It will actually be Wed. the 10th when it hits midnight but... you know what I am trying to say. Like what yamaha did with the YFZ. Or will they be releasing it anytime on there website on the 10th?:rolleyes:

The dealer show is on wensday so I don't expect it to be put up untill after the show

exrider123
09-08-2003, 03:36 PM
http://powersports.honda.com/atvs/sport/model.asp?ModelName=Sportrax+450EX&ModelYear=2004&ModelId=TRX450EX4:eek:

"We're sorry. The page you have requested is unavailable at this time. Please try again later.

Please wait briefly to be re-directed to the Honda Motorcycles Home Page, or click the Honda logo to return to the previous page."

This is what it said could this mean its gonna be like yamaha and all the information will be annouced at midnight on the website and thats when this link will work because just read what the URL says:eek2: :confused:

Look heres the link to the 400ex there the exact same besides the 450ex being in the URL http://powersports.honda.com/atvs/sport/model.asp?ModelName=Sportrax+400EX&ModelYear=2004&ModelId=TRX400EX4

Just my .02 cents

09-08-2003, 03:56 PM
The front fenders look removable like the DVX in the new clearer view of the drawing. It probably means nothing.

leonborg
09-08-2003, 04:40 PM
hola a todos espero que el trx 450 ex llegue pronto a estas tierras porque quiero uno antes de este verano aqui el verano es en febrero....quiero manejar esa bestia.....mmmmmmle calculo unos $11000 por aca teniendo en cuanta que el 400 ex esta 9000 dolares.....ok saludos desde argentina:D :D

Atreyu
09-08-2003, 04:41 PM
:huh

Pappy
09-08-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by leonborg
hola a todos espero que el trx 450 ex llegue pronto a estas tierras porque quiero uno antes de este verano aqui el verano es en febrero....quiero manejar esa bestia.....mmmmmmle calculo unos $11000 por aca teniendo en cuanta que el 400 ex esta 9000 dolares.....ok saludos desde argentina:D :D

you want fries with that:confused2

leonborg
09-08-2003, 04:46 PM
?????you speak spanish??y only basic english:mad: but i want learn(estudiar) un profesorado....:D sludos a todos los gringos

Pappy
09-08-2003, 04:47 PM
?????you speak spanish??y only basic english:mad: but i want learn(estudiar) un profesorado....:D sludos a todos los gringos

we dont care what ya speak:D

but you will have to buy the first beer:devil:

oldsandman
09-08-2003, 04:51 PM
here's what he said or somthing close to it...

hello to all I hope that trx 450 ex- ones arrives soon at this earth because I want one before this summer here the summer is in February... hope to handle that beast.... I calculate about $11000 by aca in which the ex- 400 is 9000 dollars.....ok greetings from Argentinean

leonborg
09-08-2003, 04:54 PM
i dont now what are traing to say me......i like the beer too yes saludos:confused: :confused:

Pappy
09-08-2003, 04:55 PM
i like the beer too yes saludos:confused: :confused:

HELL YEAH!!!! :D

09-08-2003, 05:02 PM
i like the beer too yes saludos:confused: :confused:

I like ya already.....:D

http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/drink.gif

Castor-426ex
09-08-2003, 05:32 PM
ok heres my ?S

wtf have we not seen a pic of this thing?????

we have pretty much got a preview of everything new on the sport market that has came out....

im talking about an actual photo...usually honda shuts down the site for maintainence or updates....i mean i think they would at least put something on their site....

if someone has a photo put it on here....honda wont do chit hell, they faxed the dealers and look who else saw it.....everyone...lol

i just want a real photo of something i might stick a lot of my money into...and if this is just some crock of crap that honda threw together to compete in the sport market ill be severely pissed....and i might not buy red again:(

balla250ex
09-08-2003, 06:55 PM
I would'nt be surprised if Honda made a new site just for the R...

Kinda like how polaris had the Predator site.

And why would u pay money to see something that is coming out in less than 2 days??

Castor-426ex
09-08-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by balla250ex
And why would u pay money to see something that is coming out in less than 2 days??

:huh :huh :huh

jesshamner
09-08-2003, 07:24 PM
I hope the front plastic looks a little better than in the photo. It looks like the headlight is recessed way back from the front fenders.

guedo
09-08-2003, 08:27 PM
i dont now what are traing to say me......i like the beer too yes saludos:confused: :confused:

Estamos berrrachos, bueno, no todos pero tu necesitos comprar la primero cerveza para pappy. Como esta la clima en Argetina. Aqui en Mexico la clima esta bien. Entiendes? Por que me espanol no esta bueno.

Nos Vamos

leonborg
09-08-2003, 08:46 PM
Hola como te va amigo aqui el tiempo esta frio hay como 15 grados centigrados, pero bueno ya se viene el verano y vamos a tener mucha diversion en le playa carreras de cuatriciclos cervesas y chicas muy calientes.Es interesante para ustedes ya que el cambio les favorece un dolar americano es algo asi cono tres pesos argentinos una comida en un restaurante les saldria algo asi como tres dolares por persona vengan a conoser las increibles dunas que hay aqui...jajajaj saludos...http://kif_0391.jpg :D

CowsBitePeople
09-08-2003, 08:50 PM
****ing speak english!!:cuss: :cuss:

Pahrump
09-08-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by CowsBitePeople

What HE SAID!!!:mad:

guedo
09-08-2003, 09:03 PM
Tal vez algun dia. Buenas suerte con el chicas cliente. :cool:

guedo
09-08-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by CowsBitePeople

LEONBORG is saying we should go down to Argentina sometime in the summer and ride on the beaches, have some good food and most of all socialize with the "FRISKY" ladies.;)

CowsBitePeople
09-08-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by guedo

r u gay?Do your parents know ur gay?do you think ur cool posting here stuff that isnt helpful to more than half of us who cant speak spanish?

:rolleyes:

CowsBitePeople
09-08-2003, 09:11 PM
LEONBORG is saying we should go down to Argentina sometime in the summer and ride on the beaches, have some good food and most of all socialize with the "FRISKY" ladies.;) oh uhh what did i say?:confused:

trx450r
09-08-2003, 09:12 PM

:ermm: Your comments are welcome as long as they are pertaining to this thread!! IE: Has something to do with the TRX450R...

THREAD RELATED PLEASE

Martin Blair
09-08-2003, 09:14 PM
when this is annoced plz make a new sticky because i dont want to search thre 1000 responc3s, when it it released it would be eaisier to make a new sticky and delete this on so all the realses info can be at the begining fo the post so we all can find it

Pahrump
09-08-2003, 10:02 PM
I was going to wait till tomorrow, but Here is what I was told from within the wall of a manufacture. I would say the source is very accurate but Sept 10th we will all know.

CRF based motor (with no mod capabilities) Kick start only no ele, rev.

Steel frame

CV carb

NON adjustable rezzy shocks

Sept 04 avaliablility (earliest)

Again, this is what I had heard and that is all.

CRF 440
Adjustable front and rear shock with rezzies
Mild steel frame
Foward kick,kick starter
no reverse
looks alot like a yfz
That is the Quad that was tested by Tim and Shane

Quoted from two different fellas over at YFZ Central.....

Scott

89'350RX
09-09-2003, 04:16 AM
It better be available before Sept 04 :huh. That is a year out for a first year machine.

Moto440
09-09-2003, 06:19 AM
It would be bunk if Honda waited that long to put that bike out.

FatBoy Redrider
09-09-2003, 07:05 AM
I think it is all a joke. I think tomorrow will come and we will see nothing. I talked to my dealer and they haven't heard anything directly from Honda.

Here is my question. Has anyone seen anything that HONDA actual said this was coming? I have seen a bunch of articles about it but nothing quoted from Honda.

trueblue450
09-09-2003, 07:24 AM
ha i remember last year waiting for it and it was a freaking foreman with gps or some sH**... Im gonna laugh if that happends again.

RiPPiNiTuP7
09-09-2003, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by trueblue450
ha i remember last year waiting for it and it was a freaking foreman with gps or some sH**... Im gonna laugh if that happends again.

if honda did that, i just might have to pull my pants down and tell em to kiss muh *** and go buy something else:confused2 :uhoh:

09-09-2003, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by FatBoy Redrider
I think it is all a joke. I think tomorrow will come and we will see nothing. I talked to my dealer and they haven't heard anything directly from Honda.

Here is my question. Has anyone seen anything that HONDA actual said this was coming? I have seen a bunch of articles about it but nothing quoted from Honda.
was thinking the same ...& besides
..the R will always be KING!!!:D

Pahrump
09-09-2003, 07:40 AM

The fax that the dealers got WAS from HONDA motor company. It is real just a matte of what it will consist of and when it will e avaliable.

FatBoy Redrider
09-09-2003, 07:57 AM
exactly my point. dirt wheels had spy photos for the last two years. It was all going to happen at midnight and it was a jet ski and a couple dirt bikes. needless to say, I won't be waiting up tonight to see it.

RiPPiNiTuP7
09-09-2003, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"

:uhoh:

:devil:

86atc250r
09-09-2003, 08:59 AM
Fatboy- "dirt wheels had spy photos for the last two years."

I don't remember any spy photos, I do remember speculation on their part... The difference is in years past Honda said nothing - this time they said "Yes, we're building it, come to Las Vegas Sep 10 and we'll show it to you".

They issued a press release Aug 6, it came from American Honda in Torrence CA.

Do a search on Google for TRX450R and you'll find page after page of references to and re-posts of this release.

At this point it's not a question of "if", it's a question of when. My guess is it will be available very soon after the announcement. Details will become available tomorrow.

coryatver
09-09-2003, 10:11 AM
They said

We are berrrachos, good, all but your necesitos not to buy the first beer for pappy. Like this the climate in Argetina. Aqui in Mexico the climate this good. You understand? So that me espanol not this good one.

Hello as aqui goes friend to you the time this cold one has like 15 centigrados degrees, but good already the summer comes and we are going to have much diversion in him beach cervesas races of cuatriciclos and small calientes.Es very interesting for you since the change favors to them to dolar American is something asi cone three pesos Argentine a food in a three restaurant them saldria something asi as dolares by person come to conoser the incredible dunes that aqui are... jajajaj greetings

Perhaps algun day. Good luck with the girls client

09-09-2003, 11:38 AM
Click HERE (http://www.very.de/) to hear a sample of it's motor...:eek2:

GOMER007
09-09-2003, 11:43 AM
WoW dat sound fass:eek2:

honda350r
09-09-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Click HERE (http://www.very.de/) to hear a sample of it's motor...:eek2:

STUPID !!!

09-09-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by honda350r
STUPID !!!

did i hurt hims feeelins:(

sparky450AR
09-09-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Rico
did i hurt hims feeelins:(

no hes just having a bad day....i like the icon lol

well i dunno about you guys but ill be up till wednesday tonight....i hope they show it....they prolly will considering they have with most quads before.

balla250ex
09-09-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Castor-426ex
i just want a real photo of something i might stick a lot of my money into...

:huh :huh :huh

Mr_Bub400ex
09-09-2003, 05:14 PM
this site should have a chat we could all sit on till midnight
... watch, they wont release it at midnight but like at supper time wednesday...lol

2k2-300exnj
09-09-2003, 05:21 PM
the countdown begins for real now its 7:20 in 4 hours and 40 minutes we will all be very happy hopefully

09-09-2003, 05:58 PM
If they don't make a new sticky thread, how much longer do you think it will take till we reach 1000? I know one thing, there will be alot of speculetors that will be flamed like never before, and some who get to rise up and say nothing because it was probably a good guess and nothing more.LOL
In my 20+ years of ATVing, this is the best time I can ever remember!:macho

FatBoy Redrider
09-09-2003, 06:54 PM
any reliable data that this thing will be released on the honda webpage tonight?

Greg Z
09-09-2003, 07:05 PM
what time is it coming out???

noreaster79
09-09-2003, 07:15 PM
I was on a site that listed the honda as the trx450r for 2005. I hope that this does not mean that we will have to waita full year.
http://www.trx-450r.com/trx450r-links.php

J-06
09-09-2003, 07:18 PM
I think itll be released as a 04.5 or 05 but will be out soon after the introduction!

joeroadking
09-09-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"

no question the R is king!! it would have to be something really special for me to turn my back on my r , the bike was so ahead of its time ! been riding mine the last few weekends the thing flys walks all over my buddies 400ex and raptor. I hope all the racers switch over to the 450r yama, and honda. so I can pickup some more 250rs to add to the stable and a reasonable price whaen the market gets flooded!!! just athought :rolleyes:

heavy
09-09-2003, 07:33 PM
With Yamaha coming out with there 450, I think Honda is trying to take some of the wind out of there SALES!! Even if Honda doesn't sell a quad till 2004, They will have people holding out to see if the TRX450r is better. Less sales for Yamaha.

:confused2 SALES!! SALES!!

PF300ex
09-09-2003, 07:35 PM
any reliable data that this thing will be released on the honda webpage tonight?

I found this on the Honda Riders Club of America website...

On September 10, 2003, at 8:30 PM, Pacific Daylight Time (PDT), HRCA® Members can simply logon to the Clubhouse and click on Community to enter the world of new Honda products. By clicking on Community, the door will be opened to an exclusive, firsthand preview of several of the exciting new Honda® 2004 motorcycle products. This will be a "walk around" insiders' look at several of the new models from the expert's perspective.

This great Members-only benefit give you a timely edge over the general public. The official release of the model information will begin at 12:00 AM (PDT) on September 11.
:D

Pappy
09-09-2003, 07:35 PM
gabe just posted this

sparky450AR
09-09-2003, 07:39 PM
WHOA!!!!! what is that???!!?!?!

NOONE is that good in photoshop????are they????

Pappy
09-09-2003, 07:40 PM
its photoshop...in reverse.

RiPPiNiTuP7
09-09-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
gabe just posted this

sorry to say, but so far im disappointed as far as the looks go :(

FatBoy Redrider
why do i think that is a fake. I can't believe it would come stock with Elkas.

GNCC#829
It looks photoshopped to me!

oldsandman
09-09-2003, 07:42 PM
Sweet! with elkas?

Pappy
you dont think the pics would be spot on do ya...

sparky450AR
its photoshop...in reverse.

????i dont understand

86atc250r
09-09-2003, 07:43 PM
The aspect ratio is off, which is why it's a touch jagged...

Of course it won't come with Elkas. Obviously this picture was taken at an aftermarket shop where they were fitting it for parts.

FatBoy Redrider
09-09-2003, 07:44 PM
Come on get real. Some dealer has a bike that has never been seen and they have outfitted it with aftermarket parts prior to its launch. No way.

sparky450AR
09-09-2003, 07:44 PM
ok well,,, by the drawing i thought i would be dissapointed.....but i like it...ALOT!

kreidy
09-09-2003, 07:45 PM
its an artic cat thats done up, and someone cropped the honda wing on the side

Pappy
09-09-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by kreidy

i wish you were right....:(

86atc250r
If you don't believe some aftermarket players were presented with actual TRX450R's for product development you are sorely mistaken.

Honda is offering HRC "competition" parts for this thing - guess who makes them, not Honda.

sparky450AR
Originally posted by kreidy

are you positive???

PAPPY whats the deal?

anywhereEx
09-09-2003, 07:47 PM
Come on get real. Some dealer has a bike that has never been seen and they have outfitted it with aftermarket parts prior to its launch. No way.

Look at the vast ammounts of aftermarket parts already available for the yammy.... Don't really think that they were able to put that many out with the engineering involved that fast.

holeshot19
09-09-2003, 07:47 PM
looks like honda tires oustos

Pappy
09-09-2003, 07:48 PM
ive not known gabe to screw around.....

and the pics are pretty damn close to what was relayed to me on the new quad. i dont like the light set up myself...and the light is what was most talked about

sparky450AR
09-09-2003, 07:48 PM
looks like honda tires oustos

thats what i was thinkin....its a honda

sparky450AR
09-09-2003, 07:49 PM
yep, there it is folks

holeshot19
09-09-2003, 07:51 PM
looks like a anti vib stearing stem

FatBoy Redrider
09-09-2003, 07:53 PM
disagree. that trx on the side is definetly photo shopped on another bike.

oldsandman
09-09-2003, 07:55 PM
Pappy why so disappointed? Not trick enough?

sparky450AR
09-09-2003, 07:56 PM
disagree. that trx on the side is definetly photo shopped on another bike.

that means they photoshopped the tires too :huh

Pahrump
09-09-2003, 07:56 PM
Well if that is it, it does not have an alluminum frame thats for sure...

joeroadking
09-09-2003, 07:57 PM
I think it may be the bike but the fenders look photo shopped on, I would say that it is the actual bike at an aftermaket tuner getting fitted with varouis stuff , so the stem,shocks, skids, etc are probley all aftermaket if that is the actual bike, notice how the one fender is over the shock and the other is under it but the headlight looks factory like it is being past around with out plastic on the bike so no one snaps a photo but some one photoshopped some plastic to give us avery close pic .what do you guys think, and if that is it I am a little disapointed.:confused:

sparky450AR
09-09-2003, 07:58 PM
I love that things looks now lets see if we can get specs tonight!....there will be some people dissapointed, simply because they expected too much....im not referring to you pappy

Pappy
09-09-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by oldsandman
Pappy why so disappointed? Not trick enough?

im sure i can correct what ever honda screws up:p

sparky450AR
09-09-2003, 08:01 PM

lol....im tellin ya, us at the exriders need to create our own EX that is flatout badass!!!!

oldsandman
09-09-2003, 08:01 PM

Exactly!:D :D

FatBoy Redrider
09-09-2003, 08:02 PM
well if anyone has access to that page that is supposed to unveil it to members only, i sure hope they capture the pics and post it.

86atc250r
Boys, look at the pic more closely, blow it up in PS - yes the aspect ratio is off, apparently from resizing - The fenders appear to not be bolted down and it's missing it's gastank - which is why things look a bit odd....

Pappy
Originally posted by sparky450AR
lol....im tellin ya, us at the exriders need to create our own EX that is flatout badass!!!!

im workin on one of them right now:devil:

Guy400
09-09-2003, 08:06 PM
LMAO........Gabe, the kiddies must be blowin' your PM box up because it's full in a matter of minutes. Check your email for my reply:D

sparky450AR
09-09-2003, 08:06 PM
im workin on one of them right now:devil:

you mean totally custom?

hondamxer161
09-09-2003, 08:07 PM
i dunno if thats the real thing. notice it has those spider grips that jeff and rico just talked about not too long ago?????

mike

Pappy
09-09-2003, 08:07 PM
you mean totally custom?

if all goes well it will incorperate some of the new goodies from the new honda

sparky450AR
09-09-2003, 08:10 PM
if all goes well it will incorperate some of the new goodies from the new honda

pappy pappy pappy, why does he always get the coolest quads:grr:

sparky450AR
09-09-2003, 08:13 PM
i would like to know what GUY is laughin his *** off about:(

Guy400
09-09-2003, 08:17 PM
i would like to know what GUY is laughin his *** off about:( Because I've been talking with Gabe for a couple years and have never known his PM box to be full until he posts a pic of this quad.

Oh, and the fact that we discussing this quad from pics of it at various different angles:D

j/k...or are we??

RiPPiNiTuP7
09-09-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
Because I've been talking with Gabe for a couple years and have never known his PM box to be full until he posts a pic of this quad.

Oh, and the fact that we discussing this quad from pics of it at various different angles:D

j/k...or are we??

:mad: :cuss:

sparky450AR
09-09-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
Because I've been talking with Gabe for a couple years and have never known his PM box to be full until he posts a pic of this quad.

j/k...or are we?? :p :p :p

haha....c'mon guy i know you got some pics....go get on your lil crappy old computer make an SN and post some pics....then throw it away so honda cant track your IP adress simple

holeshot19
09-09-2003, 08:34 PM
its a hoaks show it from the side !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J-06
09-09-2003, 08:40 PM
Why are all the other threads with 450R pics getting delted? I really dont think thats it!

sparky450AR
09-09-2003, 08:41 PM
its a hoaks show it from the side !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah it might be...i might have spoke too soon....i just cant tell right now....look beyond the bumper at teh main part of teh frame...not the a-arms....the tubing looks pretty thick, doesnt it?
like it could be aluminum

honda350r
09-09-2003, 08:41 PM
Someone has put the plastic on a diffferent quad ! The rear tires are not correct! I call BS on the picture !!

kreidy
09-09-2003, 08:44 PM
rear tires look like dunlop radials, and there is no radiator shrouds like in the drawing

400ex45
09-09-2003, 08:50 PM
the rear tires just give it away. it is a fake pic.

sparky450AR
09-09-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by honda350r
Someone has put the plastic on a diffferent quad ! The rear tires are not correct! I call BS on the picture !!

hey your right now that i look closer....they arent ohstus's.....that sucks it is a fake....or maybe it doesnt suck:cool:

i agree its not a honda

Guy400
09-09-2003, 08:52 PM
There was a certain amount of Photoshopping done to this pic to protect the innocent. It also looks a little goofy because it's missing the gas tank and the plastic is just laying on the frame. In due time folks, in due time.

Jackie
09-09-2003, 08:55 PM
cool, but it does look alittle distorted.
I hope when they are made they stay together better than that one.:D

Evan400ex
09-09-2003, 08:57 PM
I thought they were going to be releasing it tonight at MIDNIGHT!!! We are all going to have to wait til' tomorrow at 12, but for me 10:30 because I am a HRC member. Here is what it said.

The Honda Rider's Club of America™ invites its Members to an exclusive sneak preview of several models in the new Honda 2004 lineup. How exclusive is this opportunity? Well, Honda's dealers attending the Motorcycle Dealer Convention in Las Vegas will have viewed this exciting array of machines mere moments before you get your peek at all that's new. On September 10, 2003, at 8:30 p.m., Pacific Daylight Time, Members can simply log on to the HRCA Clubhouse to see this special narrated walk around the models by Honda insiders. This Members-only benefit gives you a timely edge over the general public, who must wait until the official release begins at 12 a.m. (PDT) on September 11, and even then, they will not see what you can! To save time and expedite entry to the preview on September 10, please pre-register below.

Note: The link you'll receive will work only ONCE, so don't click on it before Sept. 10th at 8:30 PDT. The webcast will be available at any time after that point (so you don't have to be there at exactly 8:30). Be sure you've downloaded the appropriate software to view the webcast (see column on the right).

Enjoy this exclusive HRCA benefit and we'll see you on Sept. 10th!

sparky450AR
09-09-2003, 09:04 PM
well,, all i can say is i cant wait

RiPPiNiTuP7
09-09-2003, 09:04 PM
well,, all i can say is i cant wait

but u have to.:scary:

sparky450AR
09-09-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7
but u have to.:scary:

dont remind me....(talking to self) "c'mon mark calm down only 11 hours 50 minutes and 22 seconds left"

lol, tommarow im going to wear a honda shirt that says something about the king has spoken here comes the trx...lol

250EXstud
09-09-2003, 09:15 PM
Well i was goin to stay up tonight, but not now. O i can't wait till tomarrow. I am goin to have to get in the computer lab sometime tomarrow at school. I wam goin to ask my mom if i can stay home tomarrow:D

86atc250r
09-09-2003, 09:18 PM
Great stuff!

Gotta question - if that plastic has been put on a different quad, where did the plastic come from and if they had the plastic, why would they bother putting it on a different quad!

RiPPiNiTuP7
09-09-2003, 09:18 PM
after thinking more, i think that pic is BS.....the frame looks totally different from the drawing....i'm not convinced thats the actual trx that will be produced.

450bret350
09-09-2003, 09:22 PM
let me be the first yfz450 rider/racer to say holy chit! that thing gave me the chills when i first saw it, if thats anything close what the production looks like than the real deal is going to look bad*****, i can hardly wait to get the specs on this bike, all though i will not be trading in my yfz anytime soon i hope that this bike rocks, its all good for the progression of our sport, i'm counting on you guys at this forum to get me the info and pics first. i know i'm sitting here sweating blue i'm just as excited as all of you. man if it comes with elkas ill chit myself that would be awesome. keep us informed, i'll be hear on this forum all night until it comes out

P.S... see not all yamaha die hard guys are a-holes ....:D :devil:

Evan400ex
09-09-2003, 09:26 PM
Hey 450bret350, it is not coming out until tomorrow night at 12 a.m Sept. 11th. Read my post just a few up. I will get the sneek peek at 8:30 p.m Sept. 10th since I am a HRC member. I will post the pics tom. as soon as i get them.

Juggalo
09-09-2003, 09:41 PM
heres my thoughts. i think its fake. photoshopped to protect the innocent? i think not. why would you do that. i guess maybe i could see it to make people think its fake and then it does look like that but i dunno. the lights are definatley added in, they are all off to the side and stuff, none of the edges on the color transitions look smooth, the graphics on the side are DEFINATELY fake. i dunno i just don't buy it.

Bretmd94
09-09-2003, 10:02 PM
im saying the pic is real. the plastic is odviously not attached and the seat is attached either. A photochopper would not have tried to make it look like the plastic is all apart and the seat is off. Those shocks look like 18" ones to me also. 400ex is 16 unless you have an aftermarket front end set up.

86atc250r
09-09-2003, 10:05 PM
Reality check - the people with enough skill to photoshop something this cleanly don't have time like the rest of you 13 year old imaging experts to waste on something like this :)

Even if they did, why would they try to fool you all with a ps'd image of a partially disassembled TRX?

I especially appreciate the detail... Twin puck brake calipers on an EX front end... Frame model year tag on what certainly is not a 400EX frame, yet it has a 400ex looking front end... Perfect cropping of all "photoshopped" parts into their background with proper lighting and color tone. It's funny that someone with this much talent and attention to detail would make the mistake of improperly aligning the left side fenders... Give me a break..

cgmxer115
09-09-2003, 10:08 PM
The plastic looks like the real deal, but it looks like it might be laying on a Z400, and no honda quads come with dunlops on them(rear tires)

desertratt45
09-09-2003, 10:23 PM
you guys crack me up! some one posted a pic of the 450 before it was suposed to be relesed. that really sucs cuz now we will probably never be able to get a perproduction bike again and the guys we got it from are going to be in big trouble as well since they where on strick orders not to loan it out to anybody.

86atc250r
09-09-2003, 10:23 PM
It's certainly not a Z400 frame:
http://www.suzukicycles.com/sr_03/atv/images/bp_ltz400_angle_yellow.jpg

Very different back by the swingarm, also different angle up front and a different roll at the top..

Can't explain what appears to be dunlops - however consider that Honda has never put a liquid cooled 4 stroke in a sport ATV either - doesn't mean they never will...

450bret350
09-09-2003, 10:25 PM
i haven't seen an arctic cat in person but those plastics are similar to those that i have seen in pics? but i don't know chit

Castor-426ex
09-09-2003, 10:29 PM
i hope this honda has frickin grease zerks

shee dawg
09-09-2003, 10:37 PM
Looks like the real deal .... kinda funny how it looks like its sitting in a warehouse somewhere like AC or some other aftermarket company and is decked out with all the goodies to be released as soon as the TRX is out ;)
Id say it was a leaked pic, I hope so cuse i need my sleep....ill have to check things out in the AM though

Duncanracer
09-09-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Juggalo
heres my thoughts. i think its fake. photoshopped to protect the innocent? i think not. why would you do that. i guess maybe i could see it to make people think its fake and then it does look like that but i dunno. the lights are definatley added in, they are all off to the side and stuff, none of the edges on the color transitions look smooth, the graphics on the side are DEFINATELY fake. i dunno i just don't buy it. \

wtf r u smoking.....if you studied the picture a little better you would know its not photoshopped..and whoever is saying its not real cause of the tires, is smoking some really good stuff....

Duncanracer
09-09-2003, 11:14 PM
oh and BTW half that stuff is AFTERMARKET! it will not be on the quad....unless u want to pay 9k off the bat...

09-09-2003, 11:27 PM
lol didnt u guys notice the front plastic, it appears to be the side panels off a dirtbike rotated a bit with trx on them , u can tell its been resized over the other parts of the quad,

i think its a artic cat dvx photochopped

Duncanracer
09-09-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
lol didnt u guys notice the front plastic, it appears to be the side panels off a dirtbike rotated a bit with trx on them , u can tell its been resized over the other parts of the quad,

i think its a artic cat dvx photochopped

i think you're retarded and the plastic is not attached...I hope you also werent going to say that the honda comes stock with no gas tank...

jamiesel
09-10-2003, 12:05 AM
Fullbore is going to make a killing off of that mutt!!!!!

jamiesel
09-10-2003, 12:08 AM
A friend at LRD told me they sold honda several aluminum frames. It is thicker then the 400ex but not as thick as LRD's attitude.

Boy I am almost positive... the more I look at it... I think it is aluminum.

sparky450AR
09-10-2003, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by jamiesel
A friend at LRD told me they sold honda several aluminum frames. It is thicker then the 400ex but not as thick as LRD's attitude.

Boy I am almost positive... the more I look at it... I think it is aluminum.

same here

TGW_400ex
09-10-2003, 04:55 AM
guys maybe there new ohtsus:rolleyes:

CHAR250R
09-10-2003, 04:57 AM
When can we actually see this thing? It's 7AM on the East coast, and there is no pictures @ Honda's website. Or anywere else for that matter.:ermm:

Striker49
09-10-2003, 05:43 AM
Give me a break....that pic is photoshopped. I couldve done a better job :rolleyes:

On the other hand...where the heck is the info?! :mad:

MOFO
09-10-2003, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Striker49
Give me a break....that pic is photoshopped. I couldve done a better job :rolleyes:

On the other hand...where the heck is the info?! :mad:

How sure are you? Get ready for the foot in mouth, just like everyone else that jumps on the "its fake" bandwagon.

Striker49
09-10-2003, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
How sure are you?

Pretty damn sure. :scary:

If its not, then I dont really care...but thats one ugly arse pic and its extremely rough looking, plus like other people have pointed out the "dirtbike" side panel is only seen on one side when it should be seen on both.

This is my opinion, its just the net, so try to insult me if you wish...I could really care less. :rolleyes:

Andrew400ex
09-10-2003, 06:10 AM
so we're not gonna see it til tonight a midnight?

MOFO
09-10-2003, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Striker49
Pretty damn sure. :scary:

If its not, then I dont really care...but thats one ugly arse pic and its extremely rough looking, plus like other people have pointed out the "dirtbike" side panel is only seen on one side when it should be seen on both.

This is my opinion, its just the net, so try to insult me if you wish...I could really care less. :rolleyes:

I'd like to know where MY insult was. If someone can make strong claims, like you did, why can people not ask questions about it?

MOFO
09-10-2003, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Andrew400ex
so we're not gonna see it til tonight a midnight?

...or the sneak preview that popped up in the open forum, but now is gone.

09-10-2003, 06:51 AM
There's a few already floatin around at major aftermarket companies...:eek: How do you think these companies have products available 2 days after the release of any new quad...:o

I've heard that the main reason it will win races right off the bat is because it's so friggen ugly nobody can stand to look at it which will cause other racers too loose their consintration...:ermm:

XANDADA
09-10-2003, 06:59 AM
I dunno what happened to the pic (photoshoped 450r in warehouse) that was posted earlier but it is now gone. I think it definately had been photoshoped. Inconsistancies in the pixels & image sharpness are a give away. Notice that parts on the quad at relatively the same depth in the picture have different levels of pixelation. Granted it could just be someone erasing trademark names off their aftermarket products so as not to get in trouble with big red.....

Pappy
09-10-2003, 07:01 AM
can i say i told you so now...or should you figure it out later today:o

i removed the pictures per request of the company that had the quad....we dont need anyone in trouble

cody anderson
09-10-2003, 07:09 AM
WHERE IS IT!!!!!!!???????

markvette
09-10-2003, 07:15 AM
there is still a pic of it over on atv source. sits up awfull high in the front and the front ires look like the cheap tires i have on our old suzuki quadsport.

Mark

desertratt45
09-10-2003, 07:19 AM
thanx pappy!

remlapr
09-10-2003, 07:20 AM
link please?

Pappy
09-10-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by desertratt45
thanx pappy!

no problem...but your on list now:mad: i expected you to send them to me...not have to come thru other channels:devil:

cody anderson
09-10-2003, 07:27 AM
LINK PLEASE PAPPY PLEASE!:scary:

Striker49
09-10-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
I'd like to know where MY insult was. If someone can make strong claims, like you did, why can people not ask questions about it?

Get ready for the foot in mouth, just like everyone else that jumps on the "its fake" bandwagon.

You said that...and I took it like people were going to jump on my *** if it was real.

Honestly, I could care less. Ive got my quad, the new Honda is just something else I wont be able to afford and from the looks of it I wont be around here much longer.

markvette
09-10-2003, 07:32 AM
sorry cant post link with this web tv i have. just have to go to atv source.com and go to the honda forums. now that i posted it here, somebody will probably contact them and make them remove it.

cody anderson
09-10-2003, 07:32 AM
HOW ABOUT NOW!!!!!!

sickmojave
09-10-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by cody anderson
LINK PLEASE PAPPY PLEASE!:scary:

try reading you PM's. its been there for a while

monkeyboy
09-10-2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by cody anderson
HOW ABOUT NOW!!!!!!

nooo :mad:

nooow sddfu cady.......:macho :grr:

:scary:

monsteratv
09-10-2003, 07:43 AM
i'll believe it when i see it.........

brim400ex
09-10-2003, 07:50 AM
Is this the pic?

Pahrump
09-10-2003, 07:54 AM
That's it I wonder when some real pics from Honda will be out.

12AM Tonight, 8:30PM Pacific time ?????

cody anderson
09-10-2003, 08:01 AM
THATS NOT AN ALUM FRAME IS IT?

Pahrump
09-10-2003, 08:04 AM
you know what I was just about to post that.

If you look at the pic good and look under the seat towards the front it looks just like an alluminum frame even has the welded seam in the middle.

86atc250r
09-10-2003, 08:10 AM
I've got a much better pic now - if you were one calling BS, don't bother to PM me.

This pic is clean enough that I can see the 2004 on the model year sticker.

ghost_ryder
09-10-2003, 08:12 AM
if you have a better pic post it man!

markvette
09-10-2003, 08:16 AM
thats it. yu know when these guys at the factory say race ready, it is not really. it may be closer that most production quads but not race ready enough to go out and run against race preped 250r's and 440 ex's. you still need your 50" width and better shocks. yea the stock shocks may be better than what has been put on sport quads but they are still not tcs, custom axis,or pep. to run with the race preped quads you still have to put a lot of money in one. we were going to buy a new yamaha 450 untill i figured i would have to put another $5000 to $6000 in it to make it really competetive. but they are still a lot better than what we had before.

Mark

Jennys440'Dale
09-10-2003, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by ghost_ryder
if you have a better pic post it man!

Yea, what he said! ;)

86atc250r
09-10-2003, 08:27 AM
It's posted.... Where? - is the question ;)

I'd post the link, but out of respect for the site, you'll have to find my link elsewhere (unless pappy, guy, harlen, etc says it's OK)...

RiPPiNiTuP7
09-10-2003, 08:28 AM
i have a very high quality picture of the quad as well, but i was told not to post it on here, so sorry guys

:devil:

Pappy
09-10-2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by 86atc250r

I'd post the link, but out of respect for the site, you'll have to find my link elsewhere (unless pappy, guy, harlen, etc says it's OK)...

send it to me for approval:devil: exatak@aol.com

Pahrump
09-10-2003, 08:29 AM
Thanks!!!!

That is alot clearer and it for sure looks real....

Pahrump
09-10-2003, 08:31 AM
Sorry folks that was supposed to be my pm reply.

Well anyway the newer pic looks great and real and like an alluminum frame...:blah:

Jennys440'Dale
09-10-2003, 08:38 AM

If you posted hit here: http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73047

I cannot see the pics anywhere??:confused:

You can e-mail that pic you sent to Pahrump to jesnyder@firstam.com. That is, if you are a sweet person. ;)

Pappy
09-10-2003, 08:41 AM
lol...i already have that pic...but many thanks gabe.

unfortunatley its clear enough that someone would blow a blood vessle if its posted. :( but yes...you can read the 2004, and see the dual piston front caliper:D

XANDADA
09-10-2003, 08:51 AM
frame doesn't really look aluminum. looks like it might have a removeable subframe since the tubing goes from round to square though. more hints pappy, c'mon its the 10th...:D

400ex45
09-10-2003, 08:53 AM
cmon i want to see some pics i am going crazy!!!!!!

PHIL_B54
09-10-2003, 08:53 AM
its the 10th and you have a pic and your not sharing....... :eek:

you are truely a very mean person:devil:

86atc250r
09-10-2003, 08:54 AM
I'm doing plenty of sharing :)

09-10-2003, 08:55 AM
Chill out it will be out in the open for everyone to see soon enough.

Why go thru all this juvenile BS about seeing bits and pieces when your gonna be getting the whole pie?

For those with the pics and not the $#@$@ to be linking them SHAME ON YOU. This site is about sharing info not power triping etc.

JMHO

Jennys440'Dale
09-10-2003, 08:55 AM
I'm doing plenty of sharing :)

You still haven't shared with me!

Pappy
09-10-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by 440EX4me

This site is about sharing info not power triping etc.

JMHO

this site is also about honoring the integrity of someone who was entrusted not only with the new quad ...but with the pictures they have. any links or pictures will be deleted.

TheWolf
09-10-2003, 08:58 AM
if you have that clear of a pic, then can you see if it is kick start or electric? ......could you please pm me the clear pic. I have to leave for work in about 20inutes.

thanks.

400ex45
09-10-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by TheWolf
......could you please pm me the clear pic. I have to leave for work in about 20inutes.

thanks.

me too but i have to go to school in 40 min.

86atc250r
09-10-2003, 09:01 AM
Lenny - nothing about "powertripping"

I received the pic - no one asked me not to post it.. In fact, the person I received it from posted it first.

However, this site was asked to take the pic down - they did. I am honoring that as well & will not repost the link (it is on the web somewhere).

Not to say if someone asks for it, I won't send it to them....

I wish you all would start sharing amongst yourselves - it would save me a lot of time :)

400ex45
09-10-2003, 09:09 AM
does anyone know how much this thing is going to cost. just curious.

Moto440
09-10-2003, 09:10 AM
Biblical miracles would not be as great as Honda being able to sell that quad as pictured cheaper than the Moto. Roll stem, AC bumper, Elka shocks, Tag T-2's, and on and on and on. Would be pretty high dollar.

TheWolf
09-10-2003, 09:12 AM
;)

XANDADA
09-10-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Moto440
Biblical miracles would not be as great as Honda being able to sell that quad as pictured cheaper than the Moto. Roll stem, AC bumper, Elka shocks, Tag T-2's, and on and on and on. Would be pretty high dollar.

I think whomever took that pic added those things on. Too bad, now that would be somethin!

Jblazin98
09-10-2003, 09:16 AM
If you go to Z400 central they have a pic of it up....

alias
09-10-2003, 09:21 AM

I found it! :devil:

sickmojave
09-10-2003, 09:22 AM
I wonder what the vice-grips are for :confused:

2000400EX
09-10-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by alias

Then send me a pm to tell me where to find it!!:blah:

PLEASE!!:rolleyes:

Brit Mansell
09-10-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by alias

I think they've got them there to hold the nerfs to the OEM footpegs. If you'll notice, the wide pegs that go with the nerfs are laying on the floor next to the quad.

.brit

sickmojave
09-10-2003, 09:25 AM
ok I see it now thanks;)

Moto440
09-10-2003, 09:28 AM
You can see the underside of the seat.

MadRox75
09-10-2003, 09:28 AM
any idea what is hanging down below the front of the skidplate?
paper of some sort?

Quad18star
09-10-2003, 09:29 AM
Someone please PM me and tell me where i can find these pics . PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and Thank you

Pappy
09-10-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Moto440
You can see the underside of the seat.

there isnt a gas tank installed in the pics

YZROOSTINYA
09-10-2003, 09:30 AM
where is it posted???

Ben
09-10-2003, 09:30 AM
Man that is one ugly machine :( I assume the handling, power and reliablity will make up for it but we will have to see. Yes, Alias does have the clear picture, even though he didn't tell me where to find it, it was obvious.

Moto440
09-10-2003, 09:31 AM
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????

Ben
09-10-2003, 09:33 AM
Pull start :( :eek:

YZROOSTINYA
09-10-2003, 09:34 AM
where is the pics????????????????????????????

86atc250r
09-10-2003, 09:34 AM
In the high res pic I have, it doesn't appear to have an E-start... But at the angle, you can't really tell 100%...

YZROOSTINYA
09-10-2003, 09:35 AM
helloo where are the pics

XANDADA
09-10-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by YZROOSTINYA
helloo where are the pics

review alias's post ;)

jesshamner
09-10-2003, 09:40 AM
Has anyone else tried going to the honda website, navigating to the 400ex page, and then changing the URL to TRX450R? It says that the page is currently unavailable, but maybe they will have it working sometime later today so we can get specs. Just a thought.

RiPPiNiTuP7
09-10-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by jesshamner
Has anyone else tried going to the honda website, navigating to the 400ex page, and then changing the URL to TRX450R? It says that the page is currently unavailable, but maybe they will have it working sometime later today so we can get specs. Just a thought.

did u notice if you change 400ex to trx5000 it does the same thing, lmao.

jesshamner
09-10-2003, 09:47 AM
Good point. I'm stupid! LOL.

Quad18star
09-10-2003, 09:48 AM
Man , someone should shoot ( or atleast fire) the guys that did the design on the bike . I've puked things up that looked nicer than that . Better hope its hadling and power make up for its fuglyness.

heavy
09-10-2003, 09:48 AM
Got this link from Yahoo group

http://www.xcracing.com/gabe/450r_1024.jpg

:)

86atc250r
09-10-2003, 09:50 AM
Doh! :eek2:

I feel a moderator edit coming on :D

XANDADA
09-10-2003, 09:50 AM
this site is also about honoring the integrity of someone who was entrusted not only with the new quad ...but with the pictures they have. any links or pictures will be deleted.

Brit Mansell
09-10-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by MadRox75
any idea what is hanging down below the front of the skidplate?
paper of some sort?

That's the protective covering that covers the skid plate. It looks like they just didn't finish peeling it off.

.brit

YZROOSTINYA
09-10-2003, 09:54 AM
so everyone is drooling over one picture that doesnt show anything:rolleyes:

looks pretty gay to me.

I highly doubt the bike comes with elkas,roll design stem, stainless lines and nerfs:rolleyes:

Castor-426ex
09-10-2003, 09:54 AM
well im an hrca member and it says that members will be able to see the convention at 830 pm today..and that the general public sees it tommorow at 12:(

DaIronFist
09-10-2003, 09:55 AM
photoshop! or photo-chopped would be a better word.

29FTEX
09-10-2003, 10:03 AM
surely the seat pan won't be showing like that one is!

Merriman
09-10-2003, 10:05 AM
Well I saw the better pic, and it's not hard to find. But if that's the new TRX 450, I'm going home to hug my YFZ right now. I really thought Honda would have put out something that would have the killer looks they're know for, a good power plant, and leave the rest to the aftermarket companies. I think they came up a little short in the looks department.

And I'm still not 100% convinced that's the new TRX either, but that picture is very real.:o

400exstunta
09-10-2003, 10:06 AM
its funny cause on z400 central... someone said that that was there own quad that they photoshopped. so why does everyone think that is it? if need be ill find the link to the thread.

86atc250r
09-10-2003, 10:07 AM
ATV Connection (http://www.atvconnection.com/atvconnection/Departments/Dunes/trx450r.cfm) posted my FULL RESOLUTION pic...

Those of you that pm'd me, this one is even better....

Mods - feel free to wipe this out if you feel it's inappropriate...

09-10-2003, 10:10 AM
If the new TRX450R moves as fast as this thread nothing will touch it.

If it looks as ugly as the pics, no one will touch it :D :devil:

RIjon
09-10-2003, 10:12 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On September 10, 2003, at 8:30 PM, Pacific Daylight Time (PDT), HRCA® Members can simply logon to the Clubhouse and click on Community to enter the world of new Honda products. By clicking on Community, the door will be opened to an exclusive, firsthand preview of several of the exciting new Honda® 2004 motorcycle products. This will be a "walk around" insiders' look at several of the new models from the expert's perspective.

This great Members-only benefit give you a timely edge over the general public. The official release of the model information will begin at 12:00 AM (PDT) on September 11.

We encourage you to save time and expedite your entry by pre-registering for the preview event. You can pre-register by clicking on the "Exclusive World-Preview" box on the HRCA Clubhouse homepage or by clicking on "Community" and then "Webcasts".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jesshamner
09-10-2003, 10:14 AM
I hope that fullbore and maier come out with some better looking plastic than stock. Its missing the nose! That is if this pic is the real thing. :huh Can anyone tell what aftermarket nerfs and bumper they are? Looks like AC to me.

sickmojave
09-10-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Castor-426ex
well im an hrca member and it says that members will be able to see the convention at 830 pm today..and that the general public sees it tommorow at 12:(

I'm a member too. how long did it take you to get the reply with the honda link?

RIjon
09-10-2003, 10:15 AM
Wow looking at that HIGH res pic.....

WTF is up with the VICE GRIPS :confused:

WTF is the stuff Hanging off the bottom (Torn) :confused:

DOESN'T look like an ALUM frame to me :rolleyes:

Looks Like a Glorified 400ex to me