PDA

View Full Version : Is there a right way or wrong way??

dirtmomma
08-04-2003, 05:26 AM
OK well I have a quick question regarding my exhaust. I have the FMF Megamax w/ the head pipe, my ?? is when we got it we thougth the guy who had it before had the discs in backwards cuz they were facing the front of the bike so we put them facing back, well we were in a shop yesterday & they had the same slip on & the discs were facing forward:confused: so my ?? is what way is the right way & is there an advantage or disadvantage to switching them?? Thanks Kym

ewalker302
08-04-2003, 07:44 AM
When I got my 400 used it had a megamax pipe on it already.
The discs are facing the rear which I hope is the right way, now youve got me worried.

All I really wanted to say is that the allen head bolts on mine are there permanently. Somebody broke the head off of one so im scared to try to get in there.

Anyway get some antsieze on those allen head bolt threads or pretty soon you may not have a choice (like me).

:bandit:

dirtmomma
08-04-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by ewalker302
When I got my 400 used it had a megamax pipe on it already.
The discs are facing the rear which I hope is the right way, now youve got me worried.

All I really wanted to say is that the allen head bolts on mine are there permanently. Somebody broke the head off of one so im scared to try to get in there.

Anyway get some antsieze on those allen head bolt threads or pretty soon you may not have a choice (like me).

:bandit:

Well I just went & put them back to facing the front......the reason we changed them to begin w/ was cuz on our 400 we have a White Bros. & thats how they face but I suppose since they aren't the same pipe manuf. that probably makes a difference. Yeah I noticed the bolts are getting way rusty so I sprayed them w/ litheum grease. I think since noone has responded really(yes you are someone LOL) I think I'll call the bike shop just to see this could of been why I had so many jetting issues over in Idaho??!! Well I'll let ya know what they say:) NICE find on the 400ex in your sig!!

JabberJaw
08-04-2003, 08:40 AM
Why don't you just go to thier web site and look at one of the pics?

dirtmomma
08-04-2003, 12:56 PM
Been there done that!! They are supposed to face back like we put them when we got it so they are back to normal now didn't mean to take up space here:blah:

JabberJaw
08-04-2003, 01:44 PM
It's allright, this space had your name on it!

Fuchs42
08-04-2003, 02:57 PM
yeah when i first got my megmax i had them on front ways too, then one day i looked at my pipe and it was black i was like what the foxtrot and switched it. they fit so nicely foward tho.

Chanman420q
08-04-2003, 04:02 PM
did it make a diffrance which way it was facing??

dirtmomma
08-05-2003, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
did it make a diffrance which way it was facing??

Ya know I really couldn't tell a difference, but it just seems better & makes more sense to have your air flowing out the back. If your pipe was all black sounds like your running a little rich!! I'm still running a little rich since we got back from Idaho but haven't really been able to take it out & test it, maybe this weekend, may be going riding w/ some others from here. I still need to clean my discs up they are all black:o