PDA

View Full Version : update on "racing my yfz450 this weekend"

cody anderson
08-04-2003, 04:24 AM
So I pulled it out of the trailer and people started to flock... most were suprised to see one at a district race with hi-per wheels and a sparks full exhust system. Anyways, I did't holeshot but I was close everytime, (no so good gate) But to make a long story short I won both motos on it.

Pappy
08-04-2003, 04:25 AM
great job!!!!:macho congrats:D

Tommy 17
08-04-2003, 04:38 AM
cody since u have seat and race time on the new yfz... can u tell us about any problems or changes u would make with it... whats some goods and bads that u have noticed now that u've raced it...

Bretmd94
08-04-2003, 04:48 AM
and all you have on it is some decent wheels, tires and exhaust? No shocks or anything in that area?

flyin#5
08-04-2003, 04:52 AM
congrats! where was the race this weekend? im going up to iron river friday and there is a kid up there who ive been talking with who has a yfz w/beedlocks (not sure if there hipers) and holeshots, along with a few other mods. cant wait to see the thing in action!

cody anderson
08-04-2003, 05:04 AM
yeah, just wheels and a pipe. thats it. I'm not even going to put different shocks on! Those stock shocks are the bomb... goods and bads? Its all good, I love that quad... It makes it fun to pactice again! I've been practicing 2.5 hours a day since I got it a week and a half ago. I did change cam timing though...

08-04-2003, 05:54 AM
everybody whose ridden thoise say there not as good as works

SlapNutz
08-04-2003, 06:21 AM
as fass aas jonny cg:ermm: :mad:

cody anderson
08-04-2003, 06:38 AM
Who ever said they aren't as good as works is... drunk or something because I personally think that they are better than my PEP shocks on my 250.

SlapNutz
08-04-2003, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by SlapNutz
as fass aas jonny cg:ermm: :mad:

annser damit:mad: :mad: :macho :mad:

trueblue450
08-04-2003, 06:52 AM
Nah its all these honda guys sayin they arent good as works.. and they probablyy havent ridden one..

oh yeah cody..
do you think the stocks will work with some +2 a-arms, or will they have to be resrung or valved?

4wheelboy
08-04-2003, 06:57 AM
annser damit:mad: :mad: :macho :mad:

:devil: :mad:

08-04-2003, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by cody anderson
I personally think that they are better than my PEP shocks on my 250.

Quadtrix is gonna chit all over himself when he reads this.....:eek:

cody anderson
08-04-2003, 07:20 AM
yes the quad is mine and who is jonny g? Yes, I do think that the shocks will work with +2's but you will have to re-valve.

Tommy 17
08-04-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Quadtrix is gonna chit all over himself when he reads this.....:eek:

lmfao

08-04-2003, 07:38 AM
Who ever said they aren't as good as works is... drunk or something because I personally think that they are better than my PEP shocks on my 250.

nausty said it, ill have to see my buddy is picking his tonight maybe hell let me take it for a spin

brokeitin3
08-04-2003, 08:59 AM
annser damit:mad: :mad: :macho :mad: my little sister can out ride johnny b on a trx125. :D :D :D Cody and the yammy are the new breed slapme!!!

cody anderson
08-04-2003, 09:51 AM
HUH?

08-04-2003, 10:04 AM
HUH?

Johnny G is on exriders also. He is a pro in the GNCC series.

Glow Plug
08-04-2003, 12:39 PM
awsome good job cody :)

skidplate
08-04-2003, 12:56 PM
You guys are hilarious, keep me laughing.
Good job on the wins ! Go with what ya' got.
JB

AtvMxRider
08-04-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
great job!!!!:macho congrats:D

:)

str400ex
08-04-2003, 02:04 PM
back to reality cody glad to hear you like the yfz i have one also i got rid of my lobo 440ex for it what kind of jetting are you at with the cam mod and pipe , ive yet to bottom out my shocks on a track yet they are that good although going through the small bumps at speeds could be a littel plusher im just spoiled with my axis , the rear end with the yz link. is better than the setup on my 400 se you at lorrettas shawn

MX_Racer_20
08-05-2003, 04:01 AM
i was just wondering why you exriders aren't telling cody he's full of **** like you do when someone else says the same things about the yfz? I'm not trying to start anything i just thought it was kinda funny.

cody anderson
08-05-2003, 04:32 AM
what did i say? i'm just saying how i think it is... for me to sell my 250R that I had about 13,000 into... takes a lot. so what am i full of ****? Do you know for a fact that the Yamaha is a pos? do you have an in with the factory or something and thats what they told you? Or is that its just not as good as your quad? Just wondering...

cody anderson
08-05-2003, 04:33 AM
nice raptor...

08-05-2003, 04:46 AM
well i rode one last night:ermm: its a nice quad you can tell it will h aul with a pipe, i still like my 416 more tho, but this one was all stock so it felt tipsy , im sure with a arms, axle , and some other stuff it would be a nice bike, i wasnt as impressed with it as i thought i would be , if i could afford it i would definetly buy one but id rather build a crf yzf quad, the only thing i didnt like is yamaha is dumb how they bolt the rear plastic down and have plastic covers for everything and the weird shaped plastic, its definetly a nice ride and looks like the best yamaha made yet

DVS_Freestyler
08-05-2003, 04:54 AM
yeah cody i dont understand a word these crackers are sayin either. hahahh hey man PM and i'll give ya my cell number, gotta talk to ya about the hutch freestyle show. might bring the ramp up and maybe drop it off at yur place after?? dunno we'll see but yeah got some $hit i gotta talk to ya about. lata

derek

Wired
08-05-2003, 06:14 PM
cody you'll never win on the internet, theres always someone better it seems :blah:

its good to hear you like the yfz, i plan to have one pretty soon here (ive been sayin this for awhile... i know). i rode one last week and for bein bone stock i was pretty impressed. the suspension is plush too but i can bet ya some money some PEPs or new elkas on that thing would feel better :cool:

cody anderson
08-06-2003, 02:09 AM
YOU PUNK!!!! Thanks for calling me back the other night! I talked to Wes and he said you and Danny were doing something and he would tell you I called! Geeez! Get this I crashed last night doing freestyle at me house.. woops. steering stem, handel bars, and subframe no good.

infantry317
08-06-2003, 02:30 AM
I can already hear Cody's credit card crying from abuse.
:devil:

DVS_Freestyler
08-06-2003, 02:49 AM
see now cody if you would buy my ramp you wouldnt have to worry bout crashing cause you'd be in the air forever! haha anyways sux to hear that. what you have for big jumps at yur place? maybe when i come up to hutch next week, when we're done building the freestyle hit we could ride at yur place?? just a thought :macho

MX_Racer_20
08-06-2003, 06:01 AM
what did i say? i'm just saying how i think it is... for me to sell my 250R that I had about 13,000 into... takes a lot. so what am i full of ****? Do you know for a fact that the Yamaha is a pos? do you have an in with the factory or something and thats what they told you? Or is that its just not as good as your quad? Just wondering...

No i'm not saying your full of ****. It just seems that everyone else says the exact same things about the yfz that you say but they get bashed by everyone and told they don't know what their talking about. When you say it you don't get bashed and everyone beleives you. I was just wondering why this was. I would love to get rid of the raptor and get me a yfz.

cody anderson
08-06-2003, 08:27 AM
I dont know... mabey other people dont really know what they are talking about most of the time?... Mabey people think I know what I'm talking about because I've been test riding for atvsport since I was 16...? I dont know...

flyin#5
08-06-2003, 09:11 AM
I dont know... mabey other people dont really know what they are talking about most of the time?... Mabey people think I know what I'm talking about because I've been test riding for atvsport since I was 16...? I dont know...

i think your full of $hit!:mad: :rolleyes:

nacsEX
08-06-2003, 11:05 AM
i think your full of $hit!

ooooooo tough guy taking control :muscle: hahaha, read the mag and you'll see him in there ***got. he's tested more quads than you or me will ever see, im pretty sure he knows what he's talking about. but im outa here, i got the dierrhea like you wont believe.

MX_Racer_20
08-06-2003, 12:43 PM
I've been test riding for atvsport since I was 16

Oh i didn't know that. Guess thats why then.

flyin#5
08-07-2003, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by nacsEX
ooooooo tough guy taking control :muscle: hahaha, read the mag and you'll see him in there ***got. he's tested more quads than you or me will ever see, im pretty sure he knows what he's talking about. but im outa here, i got the dierrhea like you wont believe.

:eek2: lmao! i know ive seen alot of cody's articles in atvsport.... been reading it since i was like 12...

08-07-2003, 04:47 AM

so are you one the wise guys who said the raptor was the best quad out there after it came out:mad:

j/p:p

cody anderson
08-07-2003, 04:49 AM
LOL no! I'm sure of that!

08-07-2003, 10:56 AM
I think you are all full of it.

BUT back to topic! I have had my yfz for about 4 or 5 weeks now and I am very happy with it. I have an ex with abot 19g in it. I know I will never race it again and maybe never ride it again. The YFZ is soooooo fun to ride I agree with cody it is fun to practice again. as far as the shocks go if you are racing MX the shock are great that are on it. If You are a woods rider they are too stif. I think with DeRisi's new revalve kit for them They will rock on any terrain.

JUSTINcredible
08-09-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by flyin#5
i think your full of $hit!:mad: :rolleyes:

wasnt someone talking about kids who didnt know what they were talking about??????

cuz it seems like we have another one here

Cody does test ride for ATV sport

sylvan56473
08-11-2003, 07:29 AM
Cody,

You should bring that new wheeler of yours to Brainerd this Friday. One of the guys here already bought one and added some wheels, tires and extended the a-arms to +3's. Pretty quick for being stock, but with the +3's and a stock axle I think it was pitching in the turns. I'd like to see how yours will do with the motor mods. Anyways, I was gonna ask you what's up with the non-points races in Millville, I think we are going to load up and check it out. Maybe even hit a couple of districts before the season ends...... it's been a while.

TroyLeePred03
08-11-2003, 11:08 AM
cody snap a few pics of it sometime im dying to see it....u talk to rath much i just called him friday to order stuff for my pred...he is a cool guy just he kinda lets things slip his mind i usually call back to make sure he sent my **** out he forgot my nerfs and scoops and light covers for like 2 weeks i was kinda rip **** but he gave me the covers for free so i was nice..lol...its funny i usually call and he is in the shop i hear a motor revving or the air tools its funny he is screaming like hold on let me switch phones...u talk to jon chandler at all or see him a lot im going riding with him soon hopefully he is friends with a kid i race with and he said he will get him to ride with us sometime at the practice track here....might not be for another month now tho he crashed his banshee i dunno what he is going to do if he is just gonna wait for his YFZ to come in or fix the shee...lets see some pics from the races or sumtin i wanna see it in action i cant wait to line up against one with my pred ive heard they have been pretty close competition from both yfz riders view and pred riders...lata~tLp

if u could hit me up on AIM at Ssport488 i got a few quick questions

cody anderson
08-13-2003, 10:13 AM
whats aim? I talk to daryl all the time, hell i eat dinner there about 3 times a week. yeah daryl is a good guy... hes fair with people... no b.s. thats what i like about him. if he's pissed at you you'll know... if he's not you'll know. i'm not going to take pics of it until its all done. i will have the axel in it tomorrow. after that a-arms so its coming along slow but you gotta epect that with a brand new quad.

400EXrider#91
08-15-2003, 05:33 AM
aim is aol instant messinger

QuadJunkies
08-18-2003, 04:51 AM
Good job Cory!:macho Im going to have some video clips of a local here that Flatttracks his....:cool: I guess its runnin WAY faster than his modded Shee was:eek2: . Im stoked to see one on the flattrack.....Has anyone saw how good they are doing???

cjpoole1
08-18-2003, 06:14 AM
Whats your bike number Cody?

cody anderson
08-18-2003, 07:24 AM

JUSTINcredible
08-18-2003, 10:38 AM
cody, my mom got a pic of you coming in for a landing on the big double and also one of skoogs

im not sure how to post them tho

cody anderson
08-18-2003, 11:01 AM
me neither... somebody here knows how...

JUSTINcredible
08-18-2003, 11:31 AM
cody-
http://zepher.bikepics.com/pics/yamaha-blaster-99-bikepics-061578.jpg

Jon Skoog on the same jump-
http://zepher.bikepics.com/pics/yamaha-blaster-99-bikepics-061591.jpg

me-http://zepher.bikepics.com/pics/yamaha-blaster-99-bikepics-061590.jpg

cody anderson
08-19-2003, 02:15 AM
check out the st boni trailer in the back... i so glad i brought that thing its huge...

400EXrider#91
08-19-2003, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Good job Cory!:macho

were you talking to me? cuz mine is spelled Corey;) just wandering

cody anderson
08-19-2003, 05:13 AM
no she ment me... cody.

cody anderson
08-19-2003, 05:13 AM
no she ment me... cody.

QuadJunkies
08-19-2003, 05:26 AM
no she ment me... cody.
Ooops.....me bad Darlin.I have been typing like chit lately.....:( yes, I meant you Cody...:o ;)

QuadJunkies
08-19-2003, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by 400EXrider#91
were you talking to me? cuz mine is spelled Corey;) just wandering ah......You a Corey too!!!!:D ;)

400EXrider#91
08-21-2003, 05:50 AM
no she ment me... cody.

oh ok just wasnt sure;)

Toadz400
08-24-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by MNmxblaster37
wasnt someone talking about kids who didnt know what they were talking about??????

cuz it seems like we have another one here

Cody does test ride for ATV sport

just to let you know....mike was just kidding about that, him and i worship the ground cody walks on, lol. :uhoh:

cody anderson
08-25-2003, 01:15 AM
yeah right... lol

Moto440
08-25-2003, 01:30 AM
I am not wanting anyone to flame on me for this, but I think the Yamaha is a little on the hyped up side. With money it can be made as good as anything out there I am sure, but I raced a basically stock one the other day, and I ate him up on my Moto. No, he is not a horrible rider, and I am not that much better. I could pull the holeshot on him and stay ahead, and I am positive the Moto handled better. I know there is a $5500 difference, but I am telling what happened. I will add we both got spanked by a guy on a built out 400EX. That guy was a better rider by far. I rode his bike a little bit, but not hard. I just think the Moto is better in about every way. I also would argue one more point. The Ohlins on the Moto are in a different league than the YFZ shocks. Just like the The Ohlins are in a different league than a set of premium long travel fully adjustable Custom Axis shocks.

cody anderson
08-25-2003, 04:32 AM
I agree the moto is a good quad... however, I raced a moto 440 yesterday and a d23 race and I holeshotted him no problem and won too. I think stock to stock the moto will handel better just because it is wide. If you put a-arms and an axel on the yfz it would be a different story... (I believe) Also, are you saying the ohlins on the moto are better than the yfz AND axis? You ate up the guy on the YFZ with your Moto, and I ate up the guy on the Moto with my YFZ... sounds like rider input to me... don't get me wrong, I think the Moto is a good quad, minus the factory is gone...:confused2

Moto440
08-25-2003, 06:39 AM
I did not say the Ohlins were better than Custom Axis shocks. I don't think any shocks are.

cody anderson
08-25-2003, 06:44 AM
really? not even PEPS?

cody anderson
08-25-2003, 06:45 AM
"Just the The Ohlins are in a different league than a set of premium long travel fully adjustable Custom Axis shocks." I wasen't sure... sorry