PDA

View Full Version : Rode a LT500 this weekend!

Drtridr18
08-03-2003, 11:36 PM
Went to Wayne this Saturday with my 400, 2 warriors, 350x, 2 Grizzlies, a 200sx, and the bad Quadzilla.

It had an older FMF pipe on it, and some 22" Relators, it sucked to ride behind it, everytime it hit the powerband, it would roost stuff waaaayyyyy back behind it, rocks, mud, water...so if you didn't have your helmet down watch out! I rode that thing, and wow talk about arm ripping acceleration. Put it full throttle 1st thru 4th on the access road and a bit in the trails, the only reason it didn't come up or flip is it just couldn't hook up on the gravel. Amazing!

So now this makes me wanting a 250r more and more! The power on that was sweet as all he**, but I like the handling of mine, which that didn't have, and I'm losing patience for the crf450 quad(which i will buy).

So the deal is, how many of you ride the 250r as your all around machine, is it worth leaving the 400ex for? I love mine but I'm just craving something sicker.

Thanks!

Justin

nacs400ex
08-04-2003, 01:32 AM
I know how you feel. Thats why I am getting an R. Then I will start to peice together a custom made crf or yz426. But before that I need to set the R up for MX.. right now it just has a LRD265. I am gunna be puttin some LT's on it.

I would go with the R, even if you dont like it you could sell it and still get what you paid for it.

Drtridr18
08-04-2003, 10:08 AM
Yea that's kindof what I was thinking, there's always someone out there looking for an R so if I had to get rid of it I probably could without a big deal. I just figure a 250r would give me the handling I love about mine, the nasty power of a 2 stroke, reliability of a Honda, and aftermarket availability.

I'd ideally like an 88 or an 89, with the integrated headlight, in relatively clean-near stock condition for a fair price. What would a resonable price be?

What do you think I could ask for mine? Like in the signature below, all my mods, in "ridden" but overall clean condition, oil changed every couple rides with amsoil after proper break in, and I'd prolly polish up the plastics to get all the normal scratches out...blah blah blah, with most of my stock parts going with it also? I'd really like to spend no more than what I get out of mine ya know??

What do ya think?

Thanks a lot!

sparks400ex101
08-04-2003, 01:43 PM
a 250r is a great all around machine they race them in everytype of compatition there is, darg, mx , tt, xc,and soo on, my suggestion is that if you plan on modding the 250 it would be great, but if your gonna leave it stock i would stick to the 400 ex that you already have