PDA

View Full Version : Places to ride in Ohio!

Drtridr18
08-03-2003, 11:29 PM
Could you guys list some good places in Ohio to ride the 'wheelers at?

We rode at Wayne National Forest again this weekend and rode all day Saturday, always a good time, 2nd time there, rode the Door run loop again all in thru there(but I'd like to try the others for a change and more hills??)-what part do you guys hit when you go down there?

The thing is, we're all from the Sandusky area, and Wayne is about 4 hours or so away, just looking for somewhere different for a change or possibly closer. I've heard some about Maumee?

Thanks a lot for your time.

Justin

mc250r
08-04-2003, 06:43 AM
Try Crow Canyon. It's in Urichsville. $17 to ride the trails. a buddy of mine and I are going Sunday if you want to hook up.

400ex Magnum
08-04-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Drtridr18
Could you guys list some good places in Ohio to ride the 'wheelers at?

We rode at Wayne National Forest again this weekend and rode all day Saturday, always a good time, 2nd time there, rode the Door run loop again all in thru there(but I'd like to try the others for a change and more hills??)-what part do you guys hit when you go down there?

The thing is, we're all from the Sandusky area, and Wayne is about 4 hours or so away, just looking for somewhere different for a change or possibly closer. I've heard some about Maumee?

Thanks a lot for your time.

Justin

Justin

In Ohio, I usually only ride at Wayne. Best riding in Ohio. Some of my friends also ride at Perry State Forest. A little different than Wayne with some great hill climbs. It is down near Wayne - Athens area.

As for Maumee, don't waste your time. Maumee State forest is about 4 miles from my house and is worthless to ride at. Only about 5 miles of legal trails and they aren't very good. Waste of a trip. I haven't rode there yet this year.

As for Wayne, try heading down the main corridor or over to Long Ridge for a change of scenery. Long Ridge is less crowded and has way more hill climbs. It is also way more technical, so it wouldn't be a place for beginners.

Drtridr18
08-04-2003, 10:21 AM
Hey man thanks a lot for the info, from what i've been hearing, wayne is the place to ride, it's just somewhat inconvieneint being 4 hours away, that's all.

Thanks again

Rodarbal
08-04-2003, 12:17 PM
I'll back Magnum up on Wayne. My riding buddies and I grew up down there (Logan, OH). We usually park at Dorr Run, but we always end up riding out to Monday Creek or Long Ridge and into New Straitsville. We must've covered 65 or so miles the last time we were there. What is the mileage range on stock 400EX anyway? My buddy on his Raptor was sputtering the last hundred yards back to the trucks!

Hey Magnum, Moose and I got to meet Jenny and a couple other guys right at the creek a couple weeks ago. Sorry we didn't stick around to meet the rest of y'all. You're right about Dorr run and how nicely groomed it was that weekend. Hopefully they can do the same for the rest of the Main Corridor over to Monday Creek. Not that I don't enjoy a good challenge, but I love flyin' down the trails!

As for other places to ride in Ohio, all i know of here in north eastern Ohio are tracks. I'll have to check out Crow Canyon sometime.

-RJ-
who isn't sure when the next he's heading down to Logan with the quad...

K_Fulk
08-04-2003, 01:18 PM
Your probly about as close to silver lake as wayne, try that some time. But in ohio wayne and perry are your best bets.

300exOH
08-04-2003, 04:59 PM
There's Elson Street Park in Canton

Jennys440'Dale
08-05-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Rodarbal

Hey Magnum, Moose and I got to meet Jenny and a couple other guys right at the creek a couple weeks ago. Sorry we didn't stick around to meet the rest of y'all. -

Rodarbal- sorry we never caught back up with you to ride. Wasn't a very nice weekend for us. Needless to say, Nick was out of a quad and I ended up being without one for awhile too. Some jack***** bumped me on the trails (taking the trails like a bat out of he**) and I ended up hitting Nick head-on. Not nice. Not too nice to my quad either. Maybe we can catch up with yuo guys some other time. Until then- have fun and be safe!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/p9f602f6fd17c5d7c1182e826215aae08/fb8ed80d.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/p59a757f49a4be1ab68b503426a845d71/fb8ed845.jpg

Jennys440'Dale
08-05-2003, 12:29 AM
Why can't I get my pics to post? I followed the directions????

400ex Magnum
08-05-2003, 01:35 AM
Jenny - They are not letting you post pics for awhile.

Rodar - Sorry that I missed you. We got all separated for awhile because of some idiot that got pissed off because his 2 year old kid got wet. Set off a strange twist of events that led to Jenny getting her tire rod bent and bent rim. As for distance, when my quad was stock, I could do about 45-48 miles before hitting reserve at Wayne. I can still do about 42-45 with my current setup. That will get me from Camp Ohio, down to Dorr Run, around the loop and around the Purdum loop, and back on one tank.

XANDADA
08-05-2003, 01:42 AM
Going to Elson on Saterday probably. $10 for day pass. It's just south of Canton/Massillon. It's an alright place, nothing special. Mostly woods and pretty rutted up but there's an open field section with three sets of decent doubles. They tore down the darn table top tho:mad:

hindelk
08-05-2003, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by 300exOH
There's Elson Street Park in Canton

yes elson is huge i love them trails...its like a wayne except a little smaller....its not that hard to find actually..but you need someone who knows where there going..and my friends are ussually down there about every weekend they have yellow z400's one has yellow powdercoated parts and the other has a hmf pipe and holeshot xcr's look for them they know the trails good

And you said you live in the sandusky area....ever think of racin sandusky speedway....theres a race this fri the 8

gates open: 3:oo
Practice: 6:30
Racing: 7:30

If you do race sign up for woodsman quad not 4-stroke....trust me watch 4-stroke quad and youll be glad ya didnt go in that class lol(there really really fast)

hindelk
08-05-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by XANDADA
Going to Elson on Saterday probably. $10 for day pass. It's just south of Canton/Massillon. It's an alright place, nothing special. Mostly woods and pretty rutted up but there's an open field section with three sets of decent doubles. They tore down the darn table top tho:mad:

yeah i heard and i heard they put in a set of doubles that is so hard to do..hear there not exactly quad safe

XANDADA
08-05-2003, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by hindelk
yeah i heard and i heard they put in a set of doubles that is so hard to do..hear there not exactly quad safe

Ya, a couple weeks ago I watched a pretty good guy on a bike go over the bars cause he came up short. Their too peaky for me, that's why I liked that table :grr:

I should be there Sat with a white/red R....

DoogieJAB
09-30-2003, 08:28 AM
I went out to Elson Street once and it was pretty cool. It's only about ten minutes from my house, but we live right on the edge of hundreds of acres of strip mines that we usually ride at. If anyone is interested in meeting up for a ride at Elson or even around here (it's cheaper, free) let me know.

k2-dawg
09-30-2003, 08:56 AM
Reno Raceway - $10/day for both MX & XC tracks. Just outside Marietta, OH.

http://resultsracing.homestead.com/Renohome.html

XANDADA
09-30-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by DoogieJAB
I went out to Elson Street once and it was pretty cool. It's only about ten minutes from my house, but we live right on the edge of hundreds of acres of strip mines that we usually ride at. If anyone is interested in meeting up for a ride at Elson or even around here (it's cheaper, free) let me know.

I'll take ya up on that 0ffer sometime! I'm pretty bored with Elson, and wouldn't mind trying something different, thanks...

DoogieJAB
09-30-2003, 11:20 AM
I'm riding this weekend down at my parents to test my new quad out, but I can be ready to go most any Saturday with a day or two's notice. I'm from the Canton South/East Sparta area let me know when you're ready to ride and I'll get a couple of the guys I usually ride with ready to go. We're all fairly new riders, but I try everything and they try most things.

drip
09-30-2003, 09:04 PM
I can't believe nobody has posted anything about Wellsville, OH. There are two places that charge for parking or you can go the old way in past the industrial park and over the RR tracks if you want to park for free. Just be careful going over the tracks, I think some people have built the crossing back up. I live close enough that I just ride in from my house, so that is why I'm not sure about the condition of the crossing.