PDA

View Full Version : AWESOME day at the track. pics in 2 days.

TC17
08-03-2003, 03:51 PM
well, today we got up and it was raining. my 2 friends drove over so we went against the weather and went to three springs. we get there and she says no quads. my dad talks her into it after half an hour. so it's SUPER muddy for about 2 hours. the sun comes out and dries everyting up in an hour. so the track was real nice then. there were 3 doubles looking good. one was a lil 20' step down. i did that, it was cool for getting air on. then the 27' uphill double, and if you over shot it right you can land on sorta a triple. so we mesured it, i jumpe 53' feet long. it was nuts. my friend said i was a solid 6' high maybe 7.

so then there was a 40' double. he said i was insane to do it but i tried it. it was crazy! there was a corner, 50 feet to accerate. i tried a practice and got half way. so i hammered it out in 3rd pinned and made it. WOW! it's AWESOME when you get up there. it felt so awesome. randy said i got 7' high. this was a 400EX so it didn't bottom. then i tried it again, missed a gear and got off the track before i hit the jump. tried it again and didn't preload enough and i came somewhat short. the landing it weird. it's a tabletop. it's flat then goes down. but it's only for like 6 feet where it's flat. so i guess i got lucky and landed perfectly on that, got massive whiplash and it bounced back up like 3 feet off ot the tabltop, it hurt my wrist a little but i'm ok. i'll have pics in 2 or 3 days. so in other words, today i learned how to jump much better, had an AWESOME time, and got used to the 400. :). i'll make another thread in a few days. these pics are going to be SICK! i can't wait to see them!

TC17
08-03-2003, 04:07 PM
hopefully next weekend i'll go riding too.

tants
08-03-2003, 04:22 PM
cool!

Atreyu
08-03-2003, 04:40 PM
Get some picks cracka :) I need a cool place like that to ride at around here...

Atreyu
08-03-2003, 04:41 PM
Get some picks cracka :) I need a cool place like that to ride at around here...

TC17
08-03-2003, 04:52 PM
after i did that double, i felt confident enough to do all the other doubles. do you guys remeber a jump you hit or a time that just made you feel like you were better? something was holding me back from doubling, probably cause my wrist, but today jeez, i felt like i could do anything. man i can't wait to go back.

CHAUNCY
08-03-2003, 05:02 PM
Sounds like a fun day of riding:cool:

TC17
08-03-2003, 06:10 PM
ah i'm sore. i'm going to feel great in the morning. Randy tell them what you saw;). how about my whip? haha, i did this pretty cool whip over the uphill double. that was cool. i CANNOT WAIT unil i get these pics!!!!!!! i need to start building up.:macho

TC17
08-04-2003, 06:49 AM
bump

Blasterkid195
08-04-2003, 07:24 AM
Yea, everything is true. On the up hill double, he would over shoot it and pull a small trick. He did a sick not footer. That was awesome, but we didn't get i on camera. The first time he hit the 40' double he was about a solid 6'. I am hoping my parents will let me take my KX 80 and go riding with him. Once I get better, we can compare lap times:p Yea, was a fun day of riding. (well for anthony):rolleyes:

TC17
08-04-2003, 04:07 PM
yeah that no footer was pretty awesome. i can't wait to go to Fox Raceway.