PDA

View Full Version : Cannibal 440

RideRed400EX
01-22-2002, 10:36 AM
Got my first ride on the new Cannondale this weekend and I must say HONDA BEWARE. They are kinda pricey but it rips better than a 400ex or Raptor with 1400 in mods. If not for questionable reliability I would recommend that anyone considering a 400ex get the new machine.

01-22-2002, 10:39 AM
That good huh,,:huh

What else did ya like beside the power??

86atc250r
01-22-2002, 03:11 PM
You really should get a ride on one Rico - I think you'd like them... C-dale's done an excellent job for their first shot...

RideRed400EX
01-23-2002, 08:17 AM
The power was right on but what really surprised me was the handling and ergonomics. It's right on par with the benchmark 250r and 400ex. At first I thought the styling sucked, it grows on ya though.

01-26-2002, 02:44 PM
First of all, this wasn't their first shot. The FX400 was their first shot and it bombed big time.

Secondly, I don't want anything looking like that to grow on me! LOL!

86atc250r
01-26-2002, 03:50 PM
First of all - the Cannibal is little more than an FX400 with a little more advanced injection computer, a few recall updates and a lower price. I still consider it their first shot since the basic engine, chassis, and ergos have gone unchanged. Lets see you design a quad from scratch for mass production and see how you do, yet alone build one far more advanced than anything else out there.

Second of all, how do you know it "bombed big time"? Did you have the opportunity to spend some time with one, or are you making baseless accusations like are all too common on web based forums?

I personally rode FX400 #25 and if it "bombed big time" then a Raptor, LT250R, 300EX, Banshee, Warrior, and many other sport quads must really be pieces of crap, because it outhandled them all with ease and had substantially more power than our beloved 400EX. The frame alone puts the 400EX chassis to shame - you would not believe the difference in chassis rigidity (if you tend to notice those sorts of things).

Give them a little respect - they are really trying. The produced a very good machine right off the bat, and continue to refine it every day - at least they didn't pull a Yamaha and put out a machine with serious handling flaws, transmission flaws, starter flaws, etc and then not own up to the problems when stuff starts breaking & malfunctioning
(disclaimer - I know there are a lot of Raptor owners out there that haven't had trouble, but I personally know quite a few that have, and the Yammie forums are full of tales of Yam not owning up to problems).

I for one am proud that an American company is the first to build a full aluminum twin spar chassis'd quad that has an advanced 4 stroke engine with fuel injection - what has Polaris given us but a bunch of overweight, poorly designed utility machines in sport clothing.

400exJOE
01-26-2002, 04:52 PM
86atc250r, I couldn't have said it better myself!. You are absolutly right on all your points. Cannodale has done an awsome job with their first line of atvs. Nothing else compares to all their innovations and for all their features, they're not overpriced at all. I am not afraid to say that they have out done a 400ex. Its the truth. And good for them for outdoing the competition. I would just like to know if they have as good a reliability record as our hondas. But its not like any other atv companies can even touch honda in that catagory anyways. For the record, I applaud C-dale on making a totally revolutionary sport quad that just might open some eyes at other companies like honda and yamaha and benefit all of us in the long run.

JustRace
01-26-2002, 08:10 PM
I'll back it 100% because it is american made. People probably wouldn't talk so badly about it is c-dale had kept the original design for the quads.

Nausty
01-27-2002, 05:48 PM
The only thing I don't like about them is that they look like crap. I can't stand it. I would definately have to go with a better quad than that and I definately praise cannondale for makeing a race ready quad from america that isn't to worried about law suits and what other people think.

Chef
01-27-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by JustRace
I'll back it 100% because it is american made. People probably wouldn't talk so badly about it is c-dale had kept the original design for the quads.

people wouldnt talk so bad about it if it didnt eat up the quad they have. and what makes it worse, is that its pretty much the companys first try, think what they will have for us in years to come...

and dont forget that you can remap the fuel injection and get 62 hp out of it...:eek:

RideRed04
01-28-2002, 10:37 AM
Ouch, 65hp? How much money would it take to get that out of a 400ex? I dont think you even could, without going to a compleatly different engine, minus the cases.

01-28-2002, 03:21 PM
All you guys need to chill out and THINK before you speak. I am always the first one to say that mechanically the C-Dales are far ahead of everyone else. And this idea of yours that I don't like them because they are better than my EX is just STUPID! This isn't junior high, some people do make unbiased posts here. All I said is that the Cannibal wasn't their first try. No matter how you look at it or sugar coat it, that is the fact here. Like it or not. The ONLY thing that I don't like about the Cannibal is the God Aweful plastic.

86atc250r
01-28-2002, 03:30 PM
Easy there Sparky (I just love it when the guy getting bent out of shape tells everyone else to "Chill out").

If I would have known that you were going to analyze the intent and meaning of my quote "first shot" I would have chosen my words more carefully.

Didn't think that was necessary.

The tone of your post is what got you the response you got. Strange how that works, isn't it?

01-28-2002, 03:45 PM
Open your eyes Corky! You are the one that got all bent out of shape in the first place that is why I had to reply and tell you to chill out. Funny how that works isn't it? You want to post with smart-mouth comments, fine. The end result is that you get flamed and a ridiculous war begins. I wish we could do with out all this non-sense!

Guy400
01-28-2002, 04:00 PM
The only thing I want to add to this is that I don't think the Cannibal is still their first shot. Look at the '01 Raptor, most people on this board consider it a flop. It was touted by Yamaha to be the end-all sport bike and it wasn't. Now, Yamaha takes the '02 and improves on most all the weak points of the '01. I don't we'd call the '02 Raptor a first shot bike since it retains the same frame, engine and geometry aside from a few repairs and tweaks.

Originally posted by Hott440EX:
and dont forget that you can remap the fuel injection and get 62 hp out of it...
I'm not saying that this is not the case but I read where Cannondale's supposed 60+ hp from a simple fuel remap may be a bit of an overstatement. It's being discussed on the net that nobody in real life has remapped to achieve the actual 61hp, this is a rumor being perpetuated by Cannondale themselves. They are telling their dealers that you can take a Cannibal and simply remap the fuel injection system to get 61hp. What the rumor floating about is that this was with a 454cc (instead of the stock 432cc's) motor that has been slightly modified for dragging. I personally find it hard to believe that you're going to be able to squeeze 20 additional horses from a motor simply by changing the injection map. That's adding approximately 50% more power without any other mods. That's like taking your 330hp Camaro and tweaking the computer and gaining 115hp:huh How many 445hp stock Camaro's do we see from just a computer upgrade? I want to see someone take their 100% stock Cannibal and have it remapped and then take it to a dyno for verification.

86atc250r
01-28-2002, 04:26 PM
fourstrokefan
OK, you win. I'm the a-hole.

I posted a comment about the C-dale being a good bike, then you sniped in criticizing my choice of words & with nothing else constructive to add but a couple of negative comments one of which was purely subjective, the other purely sophomoric. Take a quick look at how the discussion was going both before and after your post.

Funny how I am the one that got bent out of shape when I simply mimic'd the format of your original post when I replied...

Save this crap for ATVConfusion. You'll find a lot more tolerance for it over there.

I guess I really don't have a whole lot more to say about this subject to you, so feel free to get in the last shot if you must.

Guy660 - Again, if I had thought that comment was going to be looked at so closely, I probably would have worded it differently as to clear up any mis-interpretations. Didn't really think it was necessary, nor warranted. Also, C-Dale has been making running changes to the quads as they go, so is this their 10'th, 15'th, 20'th shot at it, or what? Does it really matter?

Here, I'll fix it... The FX400 was an impressive machine, although it may have had a few mild quirks - with the refinements they've made to the Cannibal and other models, they are sure to be very competetant machines, certainly worthy of at least a test ride...

Power argument - Guy, I agree. Folks seem to think that you can gain a ton of power by simply remapping the magical black box. If this is the case, which I am certain it is not, then the base calibration is VERY bad. I think these rumors come from a mis-interpretation, or some salesmen talking up things he doesn't really understand.

All the fuel injection does is deliver fuel & tell the coil when to fire. It can do this with more precision than mechanical methods. It must still be tuned in and told what to do. Adding HP to a fuel injected vehicle requires much more than simply telling the computer you want more power. You have to build the engine correctly, then map the FI to deliver the correct proportion of fuel and the correct timing for the firing event.

I'm sure there's some room for improvement over the factory calibration as there is with any production vehicle. Any gains though are going to be minimal & most likely to benefit the characteristics of the individual engine.

JustRace
01-28-2002, 05:05 PM
I think that we all should be able to agree that for c-dale going from bikes to quads in a couple of years without any MAJOR problems is pretty good. You have to give them props because what they have done would be impressive for any company.

Guy400
01-28-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by 86atc250r
Power argument - Guy, I agree. Folks seem to think that you can gain a ton of power by simply remapping the magical black box. If this is the case, which I am certain it is not, then the base calibration is VERY bad. I think these rumors come from a mis-interpretation, or some salesmen talking up things he doesn't really understand.[/B]Gabe, I was told by a Cannondale dealer who's a member of this board of simply plugging in your laptop and upping the HP to 62. If that is the case than you're right, the Cannibal in it's stock form is pitifully out of tune. A remap without any other mods netting a 50% HP increase is truly an amazing feat. I'm not arguing for or against the Cannibal, all I'm saying is that if 62hp is reachable with NO other mods than I want to see it. How come nobody at ATVConfusion (to borrow your line :D) who owns a Cannibal has taken their bike back to the dealer for this easy remap? All everyone talks about is how it's possible, not that it's been done. And like I say, I don't blame the dealers. The grumbling I've heard about this rumor is that it's been started by Cannondale themselves and is only a half-truth. They in turn tell their dealers (seems funny that multiple dealers are dispensing this "fact" which makes me believe more and more that Bedford, PA is the root) who in turn pass it on to potential buyers. I mean, if 62hp is only a "Control-Alt-Delete" away than why aren't we all riding these rather than monkeying around in the mid-40's with our 416 and 440 kits?

86atc250r
01-28-2002, 10:46 PM
Guy, I agree with you 100% on the remapping - 60 some odd HP is not there via a simple remapping, heck, 45hp is more than likely not there by simply remapping - I've been programming my own fuel injection setups far too long to believe that line. When you run an engine you can tell when it's not performing up to potential - this was not the case for the C-Dale I rode, that's why I'm confident there's not much power to be found, especially at peak.

Don't believe 99% of what a dealer tells you - they're in the sales end of things, their job it to tell you whatever it takes to put you into a new quad. I've heard LOADS of bogus claims by Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, etc dealers over the years - I seriously doubt that those companies are spreading the misinformation.

If CDale were spreading this around, it would likely be on their website as marketing materials, after all, if they really wanted people to believe that was a possiblity, why wouldn't they spread the word. I think they're sharper than that. I did see when they were talking about their drag bike, they did tell at least some of the mods they did to it.

What does it matter - dealers will be dealers, you have to filter everything you hear, read, see anyhow. There are people out there saying that you can get 50 some odd HP by simply bolting their pipe on your Raptor - that's not true either, we know it, they know it, that kind of stuff is not meant for us, it's meant for the kids who don't have a clue anyhow. Making accusations about some stupid misinformation is not what I come here to talk about....

This is going way off into left field, lets talk techie stuff and leave this silly crap to the trolls...

Chef
01-28-2002, 11:20 PM
I was just going by what I was told directly by the sponsor of our site in a PM Message...thanks for explaining that guys...:D

wyndzer
01-29-2002, 06:30 AM
I also talked to Terry about the HP thing. Cannondale has a bike that has a pipe and remapping that outs out @60hp. From my understanding there is no internal motor work. There may be a question about reliability. Terry with Marcum's can probably confirm or deny this. I do know that he had a piped and remapped cannibal that was putting out mid to upper 40's hp.

01-29-2002, 10:33 AM
Well now that things have calmed down,,,I think I'm gonna pack my bags,,drive ta Florida to visit Terry and take a ride on one of these C-dales and also go to the keys for a vacation...:D

I wish,,,I can't wait ta get a ride on a C-dale,,looks are ugly but I really like everything else they have to offer.

veddersbetter
02-18-2002, 11:35 PM
Im tellin ya this from the bottom of my heart....Im kinda new here but I need to tell you Cannondale has been nothin but trouble so far. Everything they put out seems to have problems. Last years FX400 bombed in more than a big way. The local dealer here quit selling Cannondale altogether for the fact every one they sold was brought back. They are VERY impressive for the first ride..I know this. Just beware of reliability..what good is it in the shop? Awful expensive mistake. And you cant polish a turd.

Sleeping Catfish
02-19-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by veddersbetter
Im tellin ya this from the bottom of my heart....Im kinda new here but I need to tell you Cannondale has been nothin but trouble so far. Everything they put out seems to have problems. Last years FX400 bombed in more than a big way. The local dealer here quit selling Cannondale altogether for the fact every one they sold was brought back. They are VERY impressive for the first ride..I know this. Just beware of reliability..what good is it in the shop? Awful expensive mistake. And you cant polish a turd.

My Cannibal is great! It is fast and reliable(so far)! I would recommend you just accept the fact a stock cannibal is better than a stock 400ex.

schism_rhs
02-19-2002, 05:22 PM
S/C, it doesn't sound like he is having a problem with accepting that at all, he never once even mentioned the 400 let alone did he say it was better.

crouse267
02-19-2002, 06:10 PM
ok guys the c-dale is a okquad.this past summer i worked at the local kawasaki dealership in town and we became a c-dale dealer. they are very fast and have pritty good handeling. there hasnt been to maney complantes on them and we have sold 3 of them. about the only down fall to them is that they are a pain to work on. like i mean they have 3 oil filter screans that u have to clean every time u change the oil. and about the 60hp no way. we got some charts that showed that u could only get around 5 hp when remapping. so there are good things about them and bad. all in all i wouldent get one over a ex unless i was going to race strictly mx.

crouse267
02-19-2002, 06:14 PM
oh ya and about the plastics they are ugly but strong and they dont scratch like the hondas. trust me i know from experince the shops bike has been rolled plenty of times;)

Pro400EXC
02-19-2002, 06:37 PM
HEY RICO, stop by myhouse if you asre goin to Terry's. I live 20mins from him. He is a nice guy, we can ride together!

Sleeping Catfish
02-19-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by crouse267
ok guys the c-dale is a okquad.this past summer i worked at the local kawasaki dealership in town and we became a c-dale dealer. they are very fast and have pritty good handeling. there hasnt been to maney complantes on them and we have sold 3 of them. about the only down fall to them is that they are a pain to work on. like i mean they have 3 oil filter screans that u have to clean every time u change the oil. and about the 60hp no way. we got some charts that showed that u could only get around 5 hp when remapping. so there are good things about them and bad. all in all i wouldent get one over a ex unless i was going to race strictly mx.

You have to put a pipe on it and 60 hp is possible, with the stock pipe it only makes a little difference. This is what Terry told me in person so...

p.s. Cannibal is great in the woods.

Sleeping Catfish
02-19-2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by veddersbetter

the fx400 didn't have many problems, it is just that cannondale recalled them to fix the problems. The raptor had just as many problems and yamaha did not recall it, and you(and the mags) give cdale way more grief. from what i have heard it would be better for the company to not recall the quads and let the owners suffer, like yamaha did. the fx400 was their first try just to see if it was worth it for cdale to go into the line of quads, this year is their real line up.

DiceMan400
02-19-2002, 09:07 PM
60 horse from mapping and a pipe? NEVER!!!!!! I dont think you can get that much no matter what you do to it...... Unless you drop a different engine in it....... Hey I have 15 c-dales i can sell you for $100....... I will through the Brooklyn bridge in there for nuthin....... Do you believe that too?????

MOFO
02-20-2002, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by Sleeping Catfish

You have to put a pipe on it and 60 hp is possible, with the stock pipe it only makes a little difference. This is what Terry told me in person so...

p.s. Cannibal is great in the woods.

when will you learn and understand what you are talking about. Just by changing the fuel mapping and a pipe is NOT going to give you 20+ (or whatever) HP!

Guy400
02-20-2002, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Sleeping Catfish

p.s. Cannibal is great in the woods. Go back to the top of this thread and read my discussion with Gabe on this remapping claim. This rumor started out as just a remap and you've got 60hp. Now it's a remap and a pipe. I read in another thread on another board that this 60hp engine was on a 454cc Cdale engine (up from the stock 432cc's) and had other drag-specific mods. Let's please think about this. How many of us have rejetted our carbs and even gotten 5hp from just that mod? None of us, so how does a FI remap net 20hp? S/C, if the remap nets little gains in and of itself you're telling me that the pipe alone gains the other 18hp? Does this pipe come with the NOS injector kit? Like I said earlier in this thread, if this 60hp is simply a pipe and remap away why hasn't anyone actually done it and dynoed it? Don't you think if they just had to buy a pipe and take it to their dealer for a $50 remap that every Cdale owner would be doing it? Again, no independent source has done this and substantiated this claim with a dyno sheet.

Hey, guess what, with CT pipe and filter/rejet the Raptor can get 49.2hp at the wheels! How many of us believe that one?

Scott
02-20-2002, 07:43 AM
I wanted to throw in an example of a point Gabe made earlier. About the don't trust the dealer thing, a friend I work with is in the process of buying a 98 Banshee that a local dealership sold to a 60 year old man. (Not saying you can't ride if you're 60, just wait for the rest of the details before you start flaming) The man went in looking for an ATV to help him at work, he does roofing for a living and wanted something to haul the shingles around the job site, or pull a small trailer when cleaning up. The dealership talked him into buying this 98 Banshee and told him he could buy a rack and put a trailer hitch on it. Not knowing any better, he did what they told him and bought it. Needless to say it doesn't have a hitch and racks on it, and it doesn't do what he wants it to do. So he's selling it and now doesn't like ATVs.

I know that it's buyer beware, but come on. You've got to be one low life SOB to intentionally talk an older gentleman into a Banshee when all he wants is a utility.

86atc250r
02-20-2002, 09:56 AM
Let's let the 60hp thing die - it's not happening with a simple remap or a pipe and remap, we all know it - it's a sales claim, just like Guy pointed out with the CT 50HP piped Raptor - let it die.

I know everyone loves to hammer Sleeping Catfish, but he has a VERY GOOD point....

The Raptor is a quad that's been riddled with problems since it's introduction.

Everyone loves to give Cannondale grief about not finishing races and various recalls - most of which I believe stems from the dirtbike rags that love to rip on C-dale ever since they got burned by the "bike of the year" thing and the year late release.

However, very few question Yamaha and the Raptor... This quad had (and still has) problems finishing races, and is known for transmission trouble, control arm trouble, one way starter gear trouble, valve spring trouble, blowing carbs off, tie rod breakage, crappy airbox allowing dust to enter the engine, weak axles, clutch fade problems, blowing oil, poor chassis design, and the list goes on and on... And that's just in their first year of production - who knows what kinds of problems these quads will see in the next few years as they get older.

Seems that it is fashionable to rip on Cannondale, yet they are the only company trying to give us all what we've been asking for. Better yet, when they do encounter a problem, they are fixing it (not just by replacing parts, but by replacing them with updated, better stuff) - where as Yamaha typically denies their problems (I think the standard line for 2nd gear problems is "you hit a rock with your shifter", or "you're not using the clutch properly") and makes customers pay for repairs out of their own pockets (even when the quad's under warranty) and then, when they do replace stuff, it's usually with the same crap that broke the first time.... Yet C-dale still gets ragged on and the Raptor is the best thing since sliced bread to many folks....

So what if *you* think the quad is ugly (I think Banshees, LT250/500R's, and Tecate's are ugly, but does that mean I hate them - heck no, I'd love to have all of them in my garage), so what if the mags rag on it - do you really want to see C-Dale go away? Do you really want them to fail? Is what they are doing bad for the sport?

My suggestion is ride one, or better yet, get some real experience with one before ragging on it - C-Dale is the *ONLY* manufacturer that's bringing the "sport" quad into the modern world, they are the first (post Consent Decree) manufacturer to sponsor a race team on real, production machines.

They are really the only manufacturer that's not taking our dollars and pouring them into dirtbikes & dirtbike race teams. Their example has already had an impact (now Suzuki & Yamaha are both looking at sponsoring racing) and maybe their efforts will also cause the other manufacturers to have to step up their quad offerings - we all know that the 400EX isn't the best that Honda can do, we know that the Raptor isn't the best Yamaha can do, and we also know that the 400Z isn't the best that Suzuki can do.

If they fail, quit, or just go away - we'll be riding old tech quads until the CPSC decides to shut us down again.....

If Yamaha or Honda had released the exact same quad instead of C-Dale what would you think of it, what would you think the sales numbers would be... Food for though anyhow....

Sleeping Catfish
02-20-2002, 04:12 PM
excellent point!

02-20-2002, 05:07 PM
Man did anybody see the new dirt wheels lately? Hnda is comming out with i think it isa 670 or sommin. tripple cylinder and the turbo-charger option is availble. Lets see canondaledo that. I am not dissing the c-dalestho but i wanna see how thes new honda does. Dirt wheels says it has 108 horspower. I personaly have ever rode the c-dale but i mean this hondalooks sweet! Jst wanted to get it in. later

Guy400
02-20-2002, 06:06 PM
It was being discussed on another board. That issue of Dirt Wheels is the April issue, the April Fool's issue.

86atc250r
02-20-2002, 06:08 PM
No way Guy - the quad's real!!

It's gonna have a turbocharger, an afterburner, a salad shooter and 150hp! A former girlfriend of my 2nd cousin's boss used to hang out with another girl who's brother know's a guy that works for Honda's engineering team and he said it's true...

02-20-2002, 06:09 PM
to be honest with you i didnt read the article but i did se the cover really quickly and man my heart was jumpen. all that i know is it would be kick *** if honda really did come out with this.

RideRed04
02-21-2002, 03:11 PM
Ok, the real question, was the buell/polaris/harley real?. At first I didnt, but after reading the artical, I think it was. It looks to be quite the pit bike!

02-21-2002, 03:28 PM
The article was fake. the body is off a sedoo and the tires are off a z400 and the body ( if you look closly) has a miror on it. sorry for the mistake.

RideRed04
02-21-2002, 04:01 PM
No, no, no, not that one. There is a black quad twords the back with a buell motorcycle body and a hd engine in it that a guy built as a pit bike. He drag races buell crotch rockets, and needed a fast pit bike.

Warrioreater400ex
02-22-2002, 11:23 AM
what about that VOR quad what is up with it, ive only seen it in mags... how much does it cost, is it good? is it fast? where do you get em? etc...... im just wondering info about it, im not gonna try to get one or nothing im just curious,

YALL be easy on smoking crackfish, hes still trying to figure out whether his quad is the trx 90 or the cannibal ... :huh ... o well

Sleeping Catfish
02-22-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by BlastrEatr300ex
what about that VOR quad what is up with it, ive only seen it in mags... how much does it cost, is it good? is it fast? where do you get em? etc...... im just wondering info about it, im not gonna try to get one or nothing im just curious,

YALL be easy on smoking crackfish, hes still trying to figure out whether his quad is the trx 90 or the cannibal ... :huh ... o well

Cannibal or trx90? when it comes to hp you just shut your mouth...:)

AlaskaSpeed
02-22-2002, 06:29 PM
As usual, very good input from Gabe...thank you for trying to make your point. I will be picking up a C'dale Speed here in a month and for all the reasons that Gabe, and Guy listed. This company is impressive and best of all they are standing behind their product and making improvements. These are the companies that deserve and will get my money.............JIM

Sleeping Catfish
02-22-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Alaska_400EX
As usual, very good input from Gabe...thank you for trying to make your point. I will be picking up a C'dale Speed here in a month and for all the reasons that Gabe, and Guy listed. This company is impressive and best of all they are standing behind their product and making improvements. These are the companies that deserve and will get my money.............JIM

:D

Sleeping Catfish
02-22-2002, 09:47 PM
does this work?

Guy400
02-23-2002, 05:07 AM
As usual, very good input from Gabe...thank you for trying to make your point. I will be picking up a C'dale Speed here in a month and for all the reasons that Gabe, and Guy listed. This company is impressive and best of all they are standing behind their product and making improvements. These are the companies that deserve and will get my money.............JIM You wouldn't want to sell a set of front Elka's for $150 to an old friend would you:D

AlaskaSpeed
02-23-2002, 06:19 AM
Guy,
I am keeping the 400EX, the Speed will be...."the wife's machine".....: ) JIM

Guy400
02-23-2002, 06:51 AM
Guy,
I am keeping the 400EX, the Speed will be...."the wife's machine".....: ) JIM That's a good line!! My wife will probably end up with a new Z400 next summer! The electric start and reverse are niceties that she "needs":D