PDA

View Full Version : WNYOA results from rew

MEL
08-03-2003, 12:19 PM
660bigdaddy got first in vet a, and cbrslider got second in 4 stroke b. the track was a mud hole start to finish with a couple real tricky offchamber uphills. i'd post the pix but they didn't turn out. congrats to both of you.

660bigdaddy
08-03-2003, 12:46 PM
here's the truth... mel lead the vet class all day, spanking us all like a red headed stepchild, til he parked his ex on top of a 6" pipe sticking out of the ground. i was just the lucky bum running second when it happened.
nasty track.

MEL
08-03-2003, 02:27 PM
i don't know about the spanking, but bewteen the pipe, the 2ft deep rut and our friend on the mojave, lets just say i didn't have a good last lap and 1/2. bd, forgot to ask, how'd your boy do? also, forgot to mention that bob ford won the c 4 stroke class.

660bigdaddy
08-04-2003, 02:16 PM
he finished 2nd. best he's done this year. i wish all the races were this close. seems to help to sleep in your own bed before a race...:D

Steve-O
08-04-2003, 03:51 PM
Congrats guys!!
Hope to see everyone this weekend as long as the weather holds out.
Long trip but we have to do it. havent raced any xc in a month now.

CBRSLIDER
08-04-2003, 05:46 PM
Thanks Mel and Bigdaddy for the encouraging yells as you passed me. I wish I could have kept up with you guys. I had a good time eventhough the track was so rough. I just wish I wouldn't have made such a dumb mistake at the end. Oh well. Learn from your mistakes. I need to also get out and ride a little more. The arm pump is killing me. Plus the lack of conditioning. Hopefully my first win is just around the corner.

Ray

(KN)GNCC91
08-05-2003, 03:32 PM
I just want to thank the people that manage to get a race off in all this bad weather. It always feels good to have a race in your backyard. Sorry for parking on your nerf bar Ray. Congrats to Wayne and Bob who both got first. Pray for a little sun this weekend, I'm sure not in the mood to push and pull all day again. How bout' the individual lap times on wnyoa now,nice! Sure would've like to seen death valley results.Kevin

CBRSLIDER
08-05-2003, 05:55 PM
I also would like to thank the McKean Co Motorcycle Club and Rew Fire Dept. for a great event. I applaud them for being able to put on such a nice event with the adverse weather that they had to deal with. I know some people complained about the course, me included, but after looking back, if you want a well groomed trail then go somewhere else. These are races against the elements. Rain and mud included. Thank God they didn't cancel it like some others have in the past.

Hey Kevin. Hope I was some good traction. haha The stem worked great. I just did some grinding on the stop and it seemed to work without any problems. Still getting used to the setup, but I think that I like it. We all should try to get together between this weekends race and next and practice. I like riding with you fast guys. Sure beats riding around by myself. Later

Ray

(KN)GNCC91
08-06-2003, 04:11 AM
Get a hold of me Ray,I'm off all week.That stem would go on a r also that is probably why the stops were short. I think once you get use to the anti vibe and tags you will really like that set up.If your still not happy you can have my custom axis shocks for the inconvenience.Now that I'm in the house I hope to start getting some ride time. My partner, Cooney,has a broken collarbone, he is about the only person that I ride with, so keep in touch and will get together.KEVIN