PDA

View Full Version : First ride on 400EX at Tower City

MotoLappa
08-03-2003, 12:16 PM
I rode my used ex400 for the first time today. I just had to post it. I am very happy with the trade I made. I traded a CR for a 1999 440 EX. I am thrilled with it. The only thing I didn't like was brakes. I didn't look yet but I think it needs pads. I bleed them before I went riding but they were very week all day. Any 400 riders here ride at Tower City? My 400 came with the following,
440 wiseco bigbore
polished and ported head
WB rev box
jetted
E-series pipe
custom air box with electronics inside
no toil air filter with outerwears
new clutch
new clutch cable
newer battery
propeg nerfs
burguard anti vibe stem and bar clamps
protapers
twist throttle with new cable
factory 909 grips
new honda factory plastic with shaved fenders
.190 all the way around with new razors one front has plug (2rides)
LEagers 1 -1/4 swing arm
stainless steel swing arm bolt
new sprockets and chain
LSR twin row carier (2rides)
new swing arm pivot kit
new wheel bearings
new steering stem bearing
black painted frame
polished motor mounts
CR clutch leaver and perch
e-brake block off
a/c racing belly and swing arm skid
teather cord
I also installed a works connection billet pearch and lever and bead locks. Any comments on these parts? I am converting from MX bikes to Quads so I don't know S#!t about quads.

dpizz450
08-03-2003, 01:03 PM
nice.......nice :bandit: :p

4wheelboy
08-03-2003, 02:21 PM
nice trade. how did u like tower?

MotoLappa
08-03-2003, 03:08 PM
Tower City is pretty fun. I like to camp out there. I have been a member of Tower City since 1998. I favor Riding MX on bikes. Mostly at practice tracks. But my body is telling me to take a break. I injured my neck last year, It just so happened( in may) I cased a triple and I landed on my back and neck. I am fine but I thought I was done. I lost feeling in my arms for a few min. The shock from head hitting the ground was swealing mussles and pinching nervs. I am not one to quit doing anything, but I am going to try quads for awhile. I should be safe though. This thing is to scary for me to jump. I bought my wife a Quad last summer and she only rode it once. I am taking the rest of this year easy and ride with her and my two 4 year old twins. I am thinking about trying a local harescramble this fall. They have one at a track called Flying Dutchmen and Quads only race for 1 hour. I think I can handle that.

MotoLappa
08-03-2003, 03:10 PM
Oh Yeah, This is the other thing that i am into now. http://www.psychogang.com/gallery/album67

yellowwb300ex
08-05-2003, 04:24 AM
dang is that you. i wonder someone can do a stoppie on a quad?

MotoLappa
08-05-2003, 10:42 AM
Yes that is me, I am going to do them as soon as I get new pads for the front. I can do them on street and dirt bikes. I am pretty sure I will be able to do them on a quad. It may be a little harder but I will work on it.

Doibugu2
08-05-2003, 11:05 AM
Welcome to the site.

There are several guys that ride out at tower, from what I read here. Get in touch with the CVBoyz. They are into quad tricks and motorcyle tricks like whats on your web page.

Several of the guys can do stoppies here, just an FYI. And brake pads go quick on quads.

bansheeguy77
08-09-2003, 02:13 AM
welcome to the site...where in pa are you from?

MotoLappa
08-09-2003, 02:57 AM
I am from Lancaster, PA. I will be at Tower next sunday with five other quads. If anyone wants to ride with us let me know.