PDA

View Full Version : help

cheesy350
08-03-2003, 07:25 AM
i went riding the other day on my 300ex threw lots of puddles and mudd and evry so often i wud go threw a puddle and the engine wud spudder and shut off. then when i go to start it up agian it takes a while to start. it only does this when going threw puddles or mud.

cheesy350
08-03-2003, 09:24 AM
????????????

250EXking
08-03-2003, 10:04 AM
dont hit the puddles.:ermm:

Diedrich
08-03-2003, 12:06 PM
yeah when i used to ride threw water and get it real wet mine would shut off and take 5-10 min to start it back. i dont know what it is

JOEX
08-03-2003, 03:12 PM
Check the spark plug & boot and air box for water.

There might be other things as well.... electrical?

Joe

Chanman420q
08-04-2003, 09:47 AM
i ride with him and when ever were riding in wet conditions it will randomly just like spuder, and slow down. if he gives it gas it shuts off. When we go to start it, it will crank but will not turn over.

ewalker302
08-04-2003, 11:05 AM
[QUOTE]it will crank but will not turn over.

:huh

uuuuh either you got a poltergeist or aliens rebuilt the motor.

I think u must have one o those new fangled plastic pistoned double naught stroke motors, everybodys gettin em. Really!

crankin without turnin over probably saves a lot of gas.

Seriously your gettin water somewhere.
Dont run with the airbox lid off if your going through any water.
I know that everybody else says no lid=mo power regardless.
But thats another story.

Are you going though puddles 6in-1ft or so deep, or are you runnin through Mud Holes?

Mud Holes and deep water I know plenty.

Sounds like u got a little h20 in the cylinder.

This has happened to me many many times.
Look at the filter is it wet? then u are suckin it in the carb find out
where its coming in and fix it . Check the airbox drain if the little tube or plug is gone or has a hole its probly suckin it in there.
If there is no obvious entry and the filters gettin wet U gettin N 2 Deep.

Ok so the filter & airbox is dry alright check this out.
If the engine dies while the pipe is in the water it sucks back in on top of the piston, no biggie a little water dont hurt.

But see the thing is water dont compress sooo.

If I was U first cut off the gas and pick the bike straight up if wet stuff comes out the exhaust. You need to pull the plug dry it off turn it over a few times it'll probly shoot out some steam or water or mud or whatever. Now either sit around a few minutes or give it a shot o startin fluin in the ol plug hole. Put the plug back in.
when it fires give it gas real easy It'll probly want to choke & die if you give it too much 2 fast just let it rev faster & faster before you know it U R hittin wide open and all the water is burned out . Ive hit deep holes and my bike would dissapear underwater.

Just try not to run a sport quad through bogged out rancher holes.

Or get somethin that floats I can cross any depth water on my 3 wheeler I just kill the motor and swim beside her to the other side.

:bandit: