PDA

View Full Version : Water or Coke?

JOEX
08-02-2003, 04:33 PM
Water or Coke

This! is really an eye opener.... Water or Coke?
We all know that water is important but I've never seen
it written down like this before.

WATER

1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so
weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's
metabolism as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger
pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a
University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses
of water a day could significantly ease back and
joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzz
short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and
difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a
printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the
risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the
risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less
likely to develop bladder cancer.

And now for the properties of COKE:

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol
carries two gallons of coke in the truck to remove
blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and
it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into
the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one
hour, then flush cl! ean. The citric acid in Coke
removes stains from vitreous China.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub
the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap
aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals:
Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble
away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked
in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into
the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and
bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished,
remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix
with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke
into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run
through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help
loosen grease stains.

9. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

For Your Info:

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid.
Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days.
Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones
and is a major contributor to the rising increase in
osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the
commercial truck must use the Hazardous material
place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of Coke have been using it to
clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!
Now the question is, would you like a coke or a glass
of water?

WEEZIL
08-02-2003, 04:41 PM
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :
WATER, WATER AND MORE WATER

Nausty
08-02-2003, 04:42 PM
exactly, I use to drink nothing but pop but now I drink water like a fish and I have been for the past year almost. It makes me sick when my parents complain about how they are to sore to do anything while they are drinking pop and smoking cigerettes.:o

In fact I am drinking a glass right now.:D

cheetah
08-02-2003, 04:45 PM
PEPSI!:D I actually drink a lot of water and only pop with meals. Interesting facts though.

Striker49
08-02-2003, 04:47 PM
I try to drink a bottle of water a day, but at best the past few weeks ive opened one and finished it in 3 days. :ermm:

I love my sundrop though....i cant live without it. :o

Nausty
08-02-2003, 05:10 PM
I heard the way to tell if your hydrated or not is the color of your pee. If its yellow your dehydrated and if its like water your not.:ermm:

08-02-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by cheetah
PEPSI!:D I actually drink a lot of water and only pop with meals. Interesting facts though. im with you on this one & nausty is right about the pee color thing

CowsBitePeople
08-02-2003, 05:17 PM
This thread has lots of information in it :D

TC17
08-02-2003, 05:37 PM
Joe, how much information do you have? are you a robot? lol, you always seem to post very useful info on this site. so before you go racing or just riding, DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's amazing what Coke does to your body.

trx400ex
08-02-2003, 06:01 PM
Guys also wait a half hour after drinking coke to brush your teeth, the acid softens your enamel, and if you brush them it makes it go away....I read this in the news...Not just madeup stuff

ScrnNmsSUCK
08-02-2003, 06:46 PM
good thing i like pepsi :o. j/p i hate the taste of all that *****. Sprite is awsome.

KASCHAK
08-02-2003, 07:24 PM
umm... i drink alot of iced tea and gatorade. but im going to start drinking water. i once in a while drink coke. never know coke could do all that stuff.

on the ph scale yous stomache acid is i think an 8 and coke is like 7.5 so its pretty strong.

JUSTINcredible
08-02-2003, 07:26 PM
gatorade is actully better than water

toby400ex
08-02-2003, 07:57 PM
Dayuuummmm, this has convinced me to give up pop. wish me luck guys. I gotta print this and show my mom.:p

JTRtrx250r
08-02-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by MNmxblaster37
gatorade is actully better than water electrolytes!!!:D
Ive been drinking Gatorade EVERY day for the last 24 yrs...no bs,been thru all of em and back to good old school orange lol,sometimes lime,the rest taste like sugar water to me now:blah:

Coke will also disolve a tooth in the matter of days,like 3 or 5 or something,(science experiment in jr high):confused2

08-03-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
And now for the properties of COKE:

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into
the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one
hour, then flush cl! ean. The citric acid in Coke
removes stains from vitreous China.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals:
Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble
away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked
in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke
into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run
through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help
loosen grease stains.

9. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

Is this all real because i have some really dirty shirts from work and from the quad. I wonder if this will really clean them :confused2 Coke has many good uses. lol :huh

For Your Info:

3. The distributors of Coke have been using it to
clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!
Now the question is, would you like a coke or a glass
of water?

Could you clean a quad engine with coke? :confused: :blah: :cool:

blondie69
08-03-2003, 04:15 AM
daaaamn. i guess coke really isn't good for u:huh no wonder y i hate dark pops......really the only pop i like is sprite ice:D (drinkin it now)
but i drink about 1-2L of water a day:eek2:

RiPPiNiTuP7
08-03-2003, 04:21 AM
i probably drink about 10 bottles of water a day.....at the least:muscle:

WEEZIL
08-03-2003, 04:50 AM
yes i have been on a gatoraide frenzy lately my mom buys me 2 big jugs a week. it hydrates me in ways i never thought possiable.. harly break a sweat while its in my body.

blondie69
08-03-2003, 04:57 AM
believe it or not......gatorade has never touched my mouth in my life:eek: ......i used to drink powerade...then i started not likin it, and i jus figured gatorade would be the same as powerade:huh

400exrules
08-03-2003, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by Nausty
exactly, I use to drink nothing but pop but now I drink water like a fish and I have been for the past year almost. It makes me sick when my parents complain about how they are to sore to do anything while they are drinking pop and smoking cigerettes.:o

In fact I am drinking a glass right now.:D

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek2: :eek2:

my parents are always smoking and drinking coke and my dad would die without coke, he drinks it like he NEEDS IT

but I too used to drink cokes alot, then i have heard that they make u fat and stain your teeth and make u get tired real fast and stuff, so now i just drink bottled water, gatorade, and sprite, and thats like ALL i drink. Ya, some of my dads teeth have broken from eating POPCORN!!!:huh :eek2: , thats gotta be from drinking so much coke, and hes always complaining about his back hurting and legs hurting ands always tired, i should show him this.

08-03-2003, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by 400exrules
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek2: :eek2:

my parents are always smoking and drinking coke and my dad would die without coke, he drinks it like he NEEDS IT

then i have heard that they make u fat and stain your teeth and make u get tired real fast and stuff, you sure your not talking about smoking man....I drink bout 12 cokes a day & im fine & run a 5:30 minute mile.

Tommy 17
08-03-2003, 07:04 AM
water pfft i hate that junk...

give me a ice cold mt dew durin the day and a bud light during the night:macho

on a average day i drink 2 liters+ of mt dew myself... i'm addicted...

i hate the taste of water... EWWWWWWWW

bongwater200
08-03-2003, 07:21 AM
I heard the way to tell if your hydrated or not is the color of your pee. If its yellow your dehydrated and if its like water your not.:ermm:

If its CLEAR, its BEER!

JOEX
08-03-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by TC17
Joe, how much information do you have? are you a robot? lol, you always seem to post very useful info on this site. so before you go racing or just riding, DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's amazing what Coke does to your body.
I have the internet!:D :blah: My cousin (who lives in PA;) ) sent this to me.

I got tired of pop awhile back. Never did like Coke mostly 7-up, in the big glass bottles. Anyone remember those? Or sprite or Pepsi. Still drink it occasionally.

Did you know when they first started making Coke it had Cocain in it?:eek2:

Originally posted by bongwater200
If its CLEAR, its BEER!
Must be Light Beer!:blah: :devil: :D

Joe

Atreyu
08-03-2003, 03:05 PM
Its things like coke and McDonalds that ruin america. And people like Michael Jackson. I stopped eating McDonald's after a read that a supersized fries is like 450 cal. Crazyness
:eek2:

toby400ex
08-03-2003, 03:14 PM
mcdonalds does make people fat, but they also do alot of good things like charities and the ronald mcdonald house

JUSTINcredible
08-03-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by toby400ex
mcdonalds does make people fat, but they also do alot of good things like charities and the ronald mcdonald house

yea they make little kids fat and then get childhood diabetes (sp?)
amd then they end up in the ronald mcdonald house because they are so sick.. so i think mcdonalds knows what they are doin

DEAL
08-03-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by blondie69
daaaamn. i guess coke really isn't good for u:huh no wonder y i hate dark pops......really the only pop i like is sprite ice:D (drinkin it now)
but i drink about 1-2L of water a day:eek2:

Sprite ice?
YUCK!
Why don't you go drink a bottle of mouth wash, it tastes the same and will probably give you a buzz.

JOEX
08-03-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by toby400ex
McDonalds does not make people fat.... people who eat the crap every other day make THEMSELVES fat.

Joe

blondie69
08-03-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by DEAL
Sprite ice?
YUCK!
Why don't you go drink a bottle of mouth wash, it tastes the same and will probably give you a buzz.

i like mouth wash:huh kinda...well not enough to go drink it. and i don't find sprite ice really taste too much like mouthwash, i dunno, probabaly jus me:rolleyes: all i know is i have 2 empty 2 Litre bottles of sprite ice and a empty small bottle of it sittin beside me:eek2:

knighttime
08-03-2003, 06:53 PM
drink plenty of clean water to flush out your kidneys, and other organs, take your vitamins and stay in shape, i like to have beer also; as far as the coke goes, all i'll say is that its common knowledge that sugary soft drinks arent that good 4 ya, it will dehydrate and weaken bones:eek2:

VIC
08-03-2003, 07:30 PM
Yeah I stopped drinking soda a couple months ago and try to drink a gallon of water a day. I dropped about 25 pounds. I drink water even if I am not tristy.
I have also known of truckers that use it to clean tires like amorall. I have relatives in mexico that drink coke with breakfast, lunch and dinner. I think mexico is the number one consumer of coke.

L.Vegas400
08-03-2003, 08:23 PM
during an 8 hour shift here i drink between 1.5 and 2.5 gallons of water. it is so hot!!!!!!!!! of course i stay out side from 3 in the afternoon till 11 at night. hottest part of the day is right in the middle of the shift. 50 degC or about 122....

big-guy
08-03-2003, 10:40 PM
I know a guy who had a cancerous testicle removed, and the doc said it was likely due to the 2 liters of mountain dew he drank a day...yellow number 5...

I'm all about the Cherry Bomb Jolt, goes down smooth, and keeps me wired for a whole 8 hour shift...

stupid driver
08-04-2003, 07:43 AM
im hooked on that new propel stuff. I also drink spark before a hard practice. yes, i know caffeine will dehydrate you, but if you drink the spark and then drink plenty of water ur ok. That stuff gives u Shi*loads of energy.

98c13
08-04-2003, 07:48 AM
i drink iced-tea more than soda or water.

trueblue450
08-04-2003, 08:24 AM
If you have a glass of water in front of you.. you will drink it.

At work all i do is drink water. I only allow myself one pop a day if even that. I think people are fat because of pop.. look how many calories are in it.. like a 12 ounce of mt dew is 180..:eek: That running a mile to burn it all off...

racerx573
08-04-2003, 08:25 AM
I like Vanilla Coke.

CowsBitePeople
08-04-2003, 08:37 AM
I drink lots of chocolate milk like everyday so i must have really strong bones by now right??:D

blondie69
08-04-2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by CowsBitePeople
I drink lots of chocolate milk like everyday so i must have really strong bones by now right??:D

back when i used to drink a chit load of milk and like no pop....i broke quite a few bones:eek: pretty minor ones really....mostly ribs...but that was partially cuz my dad and me got in a wrestling match and u squished me like a bug on the kitchen floor and fractured some ribs:eek2: lol...

JabberJaw
08-04-2003, 08:44 AM
I hear people sniff that stuff too and they even use a straw.... simply amazing!

JOEX
08-04-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by JabberJaw
I hear people sniff that stuff too and they even use a straw.... simply amazing!
I tried snorting Coke once and almost drowned!:blah:

Joe

CowsBitePeople
08-04-2003, 08:49 AM
I tried snorting Coke once and almost drowned!:blah:

Joe

That **** burns lol

Rip_Tear
08-04-2003, 01:43 PM
I drink a lot of water, I used to not drink much of anything... But I drink a lot of water, and a bit of OJ, Koolaid, and a little pop now and then, when I am too lazy to get something else.

08-04-2003, 01:52 PM
yeah water is the best ,..just dont think about where it has been :eek2:

crazybuffalo
10-22-2003, 01:57 PM
so if it does that why aint i dead yet? im gonna look in to water more often from now on, but it is nice to know my windpipe is rust free.

dirtmomma
10-22-2003, 02:17 PM
McDonalds does not make people fat.... people who eat the crap every other day make THEMSELVES fat.

Joe

YES that is for sure!!! Senn w/ my niece & nephew, thier mom is a piece of chit & for an after school snack she takes my niece to McDonalds for a lrg fry & lrg shake:eek: :eek: :grr: now she's very overweight & her mom just doesn't seem to care Thanks God my bro in law got rid of her as for my nephew he got into football about 3 yrs ago & since then he's lost all that weight & looks GREAT& is an awesome football player!!! Now hopefully someone will help my niece (I dont' see her alot) I think my sister in law to be will help cuz she's a health fanatic!!!!!

Unfortunetly I drink alot of Coke but when riding/racing it's water water water or of course the ocassional Miller Lite:D I have cut WAY back on the Coke the last couple months. Heck after reading your guys' post about yourparents complaining thats probably what my son says about me I'm always sore!! I better SNAP OUTTA IT LOL:eek2: :D

10-22-2003, 02:29 PM

When I dropped from 173lbs to wrestle 145lbs, My pee was a dark Brown cuz i was so dehydrated.

redroost85
10-22-2003, 06:15 PM
Wow, this is some serious schiz! I knew pop was bad for you but holy crap! My mind is made up now...........

Just gatorade before the race and the blessed beer after the race, lol!

Man, I guess our parents were right, pop really ain't all that great for us!:eek:

400exrules
10-22-2003, 07:02 PM
well ever since this thread i havent had a coke or anything with caffeine it it for about 2 months now.....all i drink now is sprite, water, and gatorade.......and im startin to drink alot more milk and orange juice all throught the day

desertsandrider
10-22-2003, 07:39 PM
Sorry to burst anyone's bubble here!!!!...................we heard about this a few years back...on a bogus website of course............believed it at first......till we tried it!!!!

1) t-bone steak will dissolve do the bone only in 3 days....FALSE.....the steak turned black and stank real bad

2) nail will disolve in coke in 4 days-----FALSE.....tried all types of nails ,hot and cold treated, untreated..etc.........the nails were the exact same when we pulled them out a week later.

3) coke uses thier product to clean their own tuck engines....FALSE......coca-cola enterprises uses castrol products.

we studied, studied, contacted coke, pepsi...etc.......the acid IS in coke.......however, it is such a small amount, that it could never do harm to even your eyeball if left in for years.

just though i'd let everyone know...and no, i am not a coke spokesperson........i was gonna be the ginuea pig for the meat dissolve test....i was bet that i couldn't leave my hand in a bag of coke for a week cause i would have only bone left.......guess what....i am typing with both hands now.

later!!

Nausty
10-22-2003, 08:09 PM

Joe

same could be said for drugs and they are illegal too....

Sept in fat its damage to their mind and body. Which techniquely fat does the same thing.

10-22-2003, 08:12 PM
http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/nacsracer27/hmkk.gif

yea yea yea:blah:

JOEX
10-22-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by desertsandrider
Sorry to burst anyone's bubble here!!!!...................we heard about this a few years back...on a bogus website of course............believed it at first......till we tried it!!!!

1) t-bone steak will dissolve do the bone only in 3 days....FALSE.....the steak turned black and stank real bad

2) nail will disolve in coke in 4 days-----FALSE.....tried all types of nails ,hot and cold treated, untreated..etc.........the nails were the exact same when we pulled them out a week later.

3) coke uses thier product to clean their own tuck engines....FALSE......coca-cola enterprises uses castrol products.

we studied, studied, contacted coke, pepsi...etc.......the acid IS in coke.......however, it is such a small amount, that it could never do harm to even your eyeball if left in for years.

just though i'd let everyone know...and no, i am not a coke spokesperson........i was gonna be the ginuea pig for the meat dissolve test....i was bet that i couldn't leave my hand in a bag of coke for a week cause i would have only bone left.......guess what....i am typing with both hands now.

later!!
I figured alot of it was far fetched but it is entertaining:D

JOEX
10-22-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/nacsracer27/hmkk.gif

yea yea yea:blah:
Keep your sex life out of here!:devil: :blah:

10-22-2003, 08:24 PM
Keep your sex life out of here!:devil: :blah:

:p