PDA

View Full Version : what to change

naxbansheekid11
08-01-2003, 04:47 PM
What would i need to change for flattrack racing That seems to be the only other thing then drag racing that a banshee is good for.

1997 Yamaha Banshee
Trinity 410 cc motor
20mm Pro Design coolhead
Kehien 34 mm 2into1 carb
New pro circuit pipes also have Trinity pipes...
Completely Brand new bottem end + all gears
New yellow race plastics-Front and Rear
New Black ceet flames graphics
Also have purple plastics
Almost new ac Black nerf bars
Razr front and rear tires
190 Itp rims front and rear
Pro Design dead man switch
Motion pro turbo twist throttle
Brand new +2+1American Star a -arms
White Brothers Racing suspension w/ ressies in front
Lone Star +1 swingarm
Works Rear shock w/ ressie
Lone Star +4 axle w/ radlock
Jaws front bumper also have a dg bumper
P.E.P. Steering Stabilizer
AC full body skids
Frame has been gusted silver
renthal bars
new amp link
new sprockets&chain
Any help with part would help me out alot thax Garett

Pappy
08-01-2003, 04:48 PM
chef sez......

Hook yourself up with a -3 swingarm, a lowering strut for the rear, Either some shorter front shocks or some LT a-arms, a set of 10inch beadlocks for the rear, some 18x10x0 American Racers, Some kind of a sway bar, dont make one yourself, buy one. That would get you in, and then you could figure it out from there. Oh yeah, dont forget to buy a big ole stack of sprockets.

JJWB023
08-02-2003, 03:39 AM
i really dont know about flattrack but here's a free bump so you can get more replies to your question.

Diedrich
08-02-2003, 06:43 PM
yeah get that thing as low as u can..theres a flattrack banshee that races with us and its fast as he!!

sparks400
08-02-2003, 06:46 PM
i dont under stand y flat track bikes use aftermarkert shocks, theres no jumps.

R-Crazy
08-03-2003, 03:13 AM
shocks arent only for jumping, they improve cornering, starts, braking, and the all around performance of the quad. when you dive into a corner hard, and you jam the brakes, the bike wants to lung foward because of all the momentum it is carrying, and if you have mushy shocks, the quad will buck foward and it will make slower lap times. take that same principal to all other aspects of riding and racing and you will find out how important to have you shocks set up properly and have good shocks.

dave