PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Problems???

Foxrage
01-21-2002, 06:03 PM
My clutch is slipping i think its because of my sinthetic oil. I am going to try to adjust it and see if that will help. I plan on getting a new clutch basket will that help or should i get new plates and stuff. Thanks for the help.

01-21-2002, 06:09 PM
every body told you about using that oil...

Nausty
01-21-2002, 06:10 PM
yeah I think my clutch is having problems too I am thinking that we did some damage to it when the clutch was really loose and we were running it like that. It wants to die a lot when i'm moving kinda slow for a gear to pull a wheelie and punch the throttle and it took me a while to get use to the fourstroke type of riding because I still drop the clutch when shooting out of a slide and stuff like that.

Foxrage
01-21-2002, 06:11 PM
Shut up NACS250x ill buy that 250x before you!!! then you wont get it.

01-21-2002, 06:54 PM
u wouldn't buy it because then u couldn't buy your A-arms...lol

01-22-2002, 08:29 AM
The clutch slippage is not caused by synthetic oil,,,if so half the members out here would have the same problem..I think your cable needs adjusted or it was not adjusted correctly from the get go and now you've worn everything out..

01-22-2002, 10:39 AM
I'm no expert, but I think going to new aftermarket plates would cure it.

As far as using a synthetic oil...I can't answer that one. I have used a full sythetic in my 300ex with Barnett clutch plates and have had no issues with the clutch. I have always used a sythetic blend in my 400ex with original plates... no problems yet.

Good luck.