PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about this 300EX mods im about to do?

HondaMan300EX
08-01-2003, 01:31 PM
These are the mods I am going to be doing to my 2001 300EX:
1. New exhaust system (DMC Alien)
2. New air filter (K&N with outerwears)
3. Hotbox
4. DG front bumper
5. DG rear grab bar
6. Stainless intake valve (Need two of them)
7. Stainless exhaust valves (Need two of them)
8. 330 kit
9. Rentahl Bars
10. DG Nerfs
How much hp do you think it will have/toque/power/top speed.
I was thnking around 32-35 hp
What do you think??
Let me know
I also want to know about the torque/power/acceleration and everything else, would it pull a wheelie easyily?
Good for trail riding?
Thanks

HondaMan300EX
08-01-2003, 03:27 PM
can someone please tell me. I want to know if they are worth the money.. It would be like 700 for everything plus shipping and tax..

sweet300ex
08-01-2003, 03:50 PM
get AC products instead of DG, other then that it looks good

atvman6988
08-01-2003, 03:50 PM
hey guy every thing sounds good except the hot box (its a pice of crap and worthless too mmany starting problems and it can tax the engine at a super high rpm DO NOT GET DG products the have the worst reliability in the world the rust like a mofo spend a couple more dollars and get AC racing it is soo much better all aluminum they have been on my bike for 3 years not a single spot of rust my friend had dg nerfs on his bike for 2 months and the welds and the tabs that held the netting on were all rusting and the ac grab bar has a place to hold ur tail light dg does not!! make sure to get to check ur valve seating b4 u spend the cash and new ones just to fcuk them up the renthall bars are good im 6' 4" and i have the low rise and they are great especailly if i want to get agressive your arms are at the right height they are great no rusting or bending some other things that u will have to invest in are carburation items i heard that a 400 ex carb works great u might also want to get the bike ported and polished and u will probally want to get a little taller gear a 14 tooth front sproket will get u good top end with out sacrificeing toomuch bottom u will also want a cam to maximize the power select the grind depending on ur riding if u in the woods go with a low grind if ur on fire roads and the dunes and other places where u always run wide open get a higher grind cam the price u found is with out installation just to install the cyclinder sleeve ( u give them ur barrel with old sleeve and the new one and they will install DOES NOT INCLUDE dissasebling ur enginge just about everything else u can do by ur self what u want will probly runn u about $1400 or !500 u should get very noticable power increase im not sure on #'s but they will be up there and with the other things i said u WILL SMOKE a stock or piped 400 ex have fun

250x#93
08-01-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by sweet300ex
get AC products instead of DG, other then that it looks good

Thats exactly what I was gonna say;)

Out_Sider
08-01-2003, 04:00 PM
wuts wrong with DG????żżżż As long as u get Aluminum nerfs, and Aluminum BUmper and stuff there is nothing wrong with them.

atvman6988
08-01-2003, 04:07 PM
sorry man but dg just plain sucks reliabliity does not exist in their company sorry about writing the book /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

Diedrich
08-01-2003, 04:54 PM
i got a dg bumper and its old and has no rust and very few dings in it and i ride rough. but if i was you i would spend the extra few bucks and get ac racing products. if i was u i would save up and send your motor to profab atv and have them to install their 330 kit. i think its about $1400. but it sounds pretty good man. i had the profab rev box and i liked it

HondaMan300EX
08-01-2003, 05:31 PM
Do you think I would be able to put the 330 kit in myself. My dad has a frined that went to school for small engine rebuilds repairs and etc. for dirtbike atvs etc. Do you think he would be able to put the 330 kit together? Everything else I can do by myself. The hotbox came with the qauad, I didnt buy it...

TRX300X
08-01-2003, 05:58 PM
When doing the 330 kit I STRONGLY RECCOMEND boring out the cases to make sure you have enough clearance between the cases and the sleve. I went through 2 engines because I didn't have the cases bored and the piston cracked and ruined 2 sleves because of it. I took .080 off all the way around and I now have zero problems.

If you want horsepower you have the right idea, you need a good cam, I'm running powroll's billet cam. I reccomend it. As far as stainless valves you don't really need those just make sure you have your valve seats either reground or lapped down. Also anything that has to do with altering the rev limiter is a complete waste of time. By the time your rev limiter kicks in you're done making power and you should have shifted long before that.

I ported my head myself and I had a pretty noticeable gain in overall power. As far as horsepower numbers I have no idea but what I do know is you will have gobs and gobs of torque. I'm running a supertrapp 3" exhaust with a header and the way I have everything set up my engine pulls hard from idle all the way to red line.

Todd
08-01-2003, 06:20 PM
I wanted a 330 kit also but my local mechanic said with my sometimes trail riding even with a oil cooler i may over heat. I live in N.C and it gets hot and muggy down here , it may not be an issue for you up north. If it would work with an oil cooler down here someone please let me know cause I may want one too.
Todd

P.S ac products all the way!!

HondaMan300EX
08-01-2003, 06:22 PM
Yeah, im going to buy AC front bumper, and rear grab bar, a lot nicer than DG...
I would say buy the 330 kit with an oil cooler and try it!

Fuchs42
08-01-2003, 07:20 PM
oil cooler, air scoops from tinner and run syntetic oil mobil 15w 50

Out_Sider
08-02-2003, 01:50 AM
i would like to put an oil cooler on my 300. Where can i get one of these at? O, and yall are right, DG does suck. But why does Doug Gust, and Tim Farr use DG?

atvman6988
08-02-2003, 04:23 AM
about the only thing that u cant do at home is to install /remove the old sleeve you will probally need to send the barrel with new slleeve included and they will swap it out for u tim farr and the other guy dont really have dg its ac with sitckers ha ha

stonerider250x
08-02-2003, 07:11 PM
thats wrong. Tim Farr really uses DG bumpers.

toby400ex
08-02-2003, 08:13 PM
IT seems you forgot that suspension is what makes a quad off road capable. Improved suspension will make you faster in every type of riding. A big engine wont. Just ask those raptor guys,hahahahahahahaha

toby400ex
08-02-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
i would like to put an oil cooler on my 300. Where can i get one of these at? O, and yall are right, DG does suck. But why does Doug Gust, and Tim Farr use DG? The only thing they use that is DG is the bumper and maybe grab bar. ITs kinda funny how they put dg stickers on AC nerf bars.