PDA

View Full Version : NY ice racing 2/3 and 2/10

Leo
01-21-2002, 05:45 PM
Hi all,

Ice racing in Saranac Lake, NY Feb 3rd and 10th.. Good time for all!

Leo

redrizza
01-22-2002, 12:43 PM
Leo,
Do you have anymore details on the event? like, is it mostly bikes, or quads? How much is registration? Is it an organized event, or is it just a bunch of people showing up?

Thanx :)

Leo
01-22-2002, 04:04 PM
It's an organized event (although I use that term loosely ;)).. It runs in conjunction with Saranac Lakes winter carnival.

Last year it was 75% quads, 25% bikes...

There were a ton of two-strokes (250R's, Banshees, etc..) Lots of very nice R's setup for ice racing..

There were also quite a few 4-strokes (5 or 6 400's, 2 raptors, and a DS650)..

I'm still waiting for the guy to get ahold of me with the exact details (registration fee's etc..) It's was ~$20 if memory serves.. Rules were pretty limited last year, more or less run what you brung, as far as I know the only requirements last year were a helmet, and studded tires (they did have an un-studded class, but it was only 2 quads)...

It should be a blast, I know of 3 - 400EX's that will be there for sure ;) Personally I can't wait!

Leo

400exRacerX
01-25-2002, 08:39 PM
You should register and insure your bike before going, sometimes the cops show up and bust you if you dont have insurance or a registration to your bike. In NJ they will impound your bike if they catch you.

Leo
01-29-2002, 09:00 PM
It's an organized event -- none of the bikes last year were carrying NY registrations..

They have spectators and everything :D

Leo

MikeL250X
01-31-2002, 11:09 AM
Good luck Leo, if sarnack lake wasn't 5 hours away, I'd come route you on! The lakes down here aren't even close to frozen enough to ride on yet, I think they let you ice skate a couple days, but it's been just a bit too warm. I'm waiting for my creek to freeze so I can ride on it!

Leo
02-02-2002, 02:26 PM
The race on sunday 2/3 has been cancelled because of the ice conditions... :(

Leo

Leo
02-09-2002, 07:13 PM
The race tommorow (2/10) is still on :D

Finally get a chance to try out the mean machine on the ice!

Leo

400exRacerX
02-10-2002, 03:03 PM
Good luck!

Leo
02-11-2002, 06:28 PM
Well, survived my first ice race ;)

Did OK in the TT events (4th overall).. wound up with a 4th and a 5th (would have been 2 4th's but some fellow decided to use the old 'cut the cone + pass trick on the last lap and the officials didn't catch it.. that's OK though, get a chance for some revenge next weekend!)...

Did miserable in the oval events, bad draws for starting position followed by miserable starts led to a poor race :(..

All in all it was fun.....

They ran the 400EX's and the Raptors in the same class (4-stroke amatuer)..

Started getting the hang of it and fine-tuning my setup.. Learned quite a few things.. (8lbs is not enough tire pressure!) Really should have a sway bar..

They are doing it again this weekend, I highly recomend it to anyone who get's a chance!

Leo

400exRacerX
02-12-2002, 07:31 PM
Congrats! All I have to say is, what ever you do, do not let off the throttle. When you hit those turns hit them full speed and keep it floored.;)

SGA
02-14-2002, 08:28 PM
Great job! Keep us updated on the next one. Just got back into racing myself. Was up your way about 3 years ago. It was neat to walk out on frozen lakes. Never have done that before. Good luck in the next one.

03-02-2002, 08:48 PM
lake george ny..was up there and was racing banshees that where so modded that they would just burn out with studs on there tires there where sick trucks and cars out there.....But i had the coolest 4 stroke on the ice for sure.....I won the contest for furthest wheelie.....125 yards....I could have gone alot futher but i didnt wanna risk falling back and loseing it all just cuz i wanted to be a show off...