PDA

View Full Version : Lost Someone

300EXrider02
08-01-2003, 12:36 PM
My bro's friend died wednesday after being the hospital since sunday, becasue he was poisened at a party, in upstate NY, (Camp Creek)

it is very hard to loose someone that was perfectly normal and healthy, to gone...hard to explain, but really has me down since I was good friends with him...but it makes me feel better to know everyone has lost a love one at one time or another

he loved dirtbikes, quads, and love to off-road, at my local state forest...

just wondering how others delt with the stress and feelings of loosing someone, becasue not only is my family down, but hundreds of friends, and most of the surrounding towns

Rrider4life8
08-01-2003, 01:02 PM
thats sad .............:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Just remeber all the good times you had and how much fun he was ........ celebrate his living and know he inpacted your life.

SGA
08-01-2003, 01:48 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your friend, its hard I know. I have lost several family members I was really close to. I have handled several family members funerals. They come to me because they know I will repect their last wishes and follow up on the details to completion. Ive been on the phone to the funeral home, picked out caskets, Signed power of attorneys, helped with wills, scattered ashes into the ocean and handled details many times.

I have to laugh. My aunt hated her brothers girlfriend and the girlfriend hated my aunt, and belive me, the girlfriend was a capital "B". Well, my aunt asked me to handle her funeral. ( She was not in good health and knew her time would be soon. )

Well, she knew the girlfriend would sit on the front row with the family just to spite her, so she said her last wish was to not let her sit with the family at her funeral. Later that year she passed away, and there is the girlfriend at the funeral. Outside before the funeral, I pulled her to the side and I told her my aunt asked that she not sit up with the family. She said, "I'll sit there if I want to." I said, "I will throw you out of that chair if need be." Well she stormed out and did not attend the funeral. My aunt got her last wish. I've had several other family members come to me to handle their affairs. They know that I will get the job done.

I know it's tough but sometimes we just have to buck up and do the best we can.

08-01-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by SGA
I'm sorry to hear about your friend, its hard I know. I have handled several family members funerals. They come to me because they know I will repect their last wishes and follow through the details. Ive been on the phone to the funeral home, picked out caskets, and handled details many times.

I have to laugh. My aunt hated her brothers girlfriend and the girlfriend hated my aunt, and belive me, the girlfriend was a capital "B". Well, my aunt asked me to handle her funeral. ( She was not in good health and knew her time would be soon. )

Well, she knew the girlfriend would sit on the front row with the family just to spite her, so she said her last wish was to not let her sit with the family at her funeral. So, she passed away, and there is the girlfriend at the funeral. Outside before the funeral, I pulled her to the side and I told her my aunt asked that she not sit up with the family. She said, "I'll sit there if I want to." I said, "I will throw you out of that chair if need be." Well she stormed out and did not attend the funeral. My aunt got her last wish. I've had several other family members come to me to handle their affairs. They know that I will get the job done.

I know it's tough but sometimes we just have to buck up and do the best we can.

same thing i would have done.. sorry to hear about your friend..

blondie69
08-01-2003, 03:35 PM
man, i'm so sorry to hear that:(

i wish i could help u out, but to be honest, i never really lost anyone too close to me, but all i can really say is its good to talk to someone thats a good listener, and just talk for as long as u can, get things off your chest. and jus remember the good times i guess:ermm:

250x#93
08-01-2003, 03:45 PM
Man thats freakin sad:( How in the hell did he get poisned, thats whats wrong who did it? My pap died a year and half ago:( Damn lung cancer, smoking sucks hed tell ya if he could:( I don't know I just try to keep remembering him and keep him in my mind, I know I can't see him anymore but I still try to talk to him sorta and tell him whats goin on, I dunno might sound crazy but it helps;) I keep a picture of him beside my bed and that somehow helps, i dunno its hard though:( Don't worry though u'll get threw it over time:)

JUSTINcredible
08-01-2003, 04:10 PM
that sucks im sorry to hear that:(

did they find out who poisend him?

300EXrider02
08-01-2003, 04:21 PM
no they did not, and I am not exactly sure how it happened, I am still waiting to hear, thank you all for caring, but what was really bad, is I was on vacation when I called home I heard, I never would have thought, we all thought he was going to pull through

he had 4 heart attacks, and heart rate of 200, the 4th time his heart stopped they could not save him

250x#93
08-01-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by 300EXrider02
no they did not, and I am not exactly sure how it happened, I am still waiting to hear, thank you all for caring, but what was really bad, is I was on vacation when I called home I heard, I never would have thought, we all thought he was going to pull through

he had 4 heart attacks, and heart rate of 200, the 4th time his heart stopped they could not save him

Dang thats sad:(

CowsBitePeople
08-01-2003, 05:49 PM
Sometimes it helps to talk to people so if u need someone to talk to you can im me on aim XCowsBitePeopleX or yahoo CowsBitePeople ....Im here to talk to for any exrider if they have a problem:( Im really sorry to hear of your loss :( Good luck

08-01-2003, 06:20 PM
that must suck

Rick400ex
08-01-2003, 07:02 PM
Sorry to hear about that.
It's always hard to lose someone you are close to.
It will take a while for the shock to wear off but it will over time.
Just remember the good times and your friend will live on in the hearts and minds of those who knew him.
I've lost several people close to me over the years but they are still are alive in my heart and mind.
It will also help to talk about it if it be here or with a group of people who knew him.

Good Luck and be strong.

QuadJunkies
08-02-2003, 04:47 AM
OMG.That is terrible.......:eek2: :( Im so sorry.......

soul
08-02-2003, 04:49 AM
sorry to hear that bro prayers are with....

AtvMxRider
08-03-2003, 09:46 AM
:(

08-03-2003, 02:46 PM
Yeh dude that really sucks. It's been a couple of days did they ever figure out what kinda drug it was??

300EXrider02
08-03-2003, 03:31 PM
nah, there debating whether to try to find out what it was, they know what kind of chemical or drug it was, but I do not, I do not have it in me to ask either, if I do find out however I will tell inform ya, thanks

08-03-2003, 04:31 PM
I would like to know what it was and who the stupid sob was that put it in there. There is no reason that someone should EVER do that to someone else no matter what. Whoever that person is im sure will pay for it later. Im really sorry for your friend and his family and loved ones.

ThorChick
08-03-2003, 08:59 PM
Almost 2 years ago I lost a very good friend to Hepatitis C. He wasn't even 23 yet. We knew he had had some liver problems but thought he was getting better and would pull through it. I guess he never really wanted anyone to know how sick he was, maybe he thought it would depress us too much. The day I found out he had passed on I cried for hours. He was a wonderful person with so much life in him it was hard to believe he was gone. I miss him every day still, whenever I see or do something he would have made fun of, or pause for too long on the spanish channel and start making up my own dialogues like we used to when we were a little drunk. I stopped crying a long timeago though, because although it makes me sad knowing he's gone and I'll never hear his infectious laugh again, I also know he's not in pain anymore and he has his wings. :) I enjoy the memories I have of him, and laugh my *** off when I think of the best ones.

Sorry to make this so long, but remember your friend the way he would have wanted you to. Be sad sometimes, its gonna hurt to lose someone. But also be glad that he isn't suffering from whatever it was that killed him.

http://tyeppley.com/