PDA

View Full Version : 416 question

Holeshot36
08-01-2003, 11:17 AM
I moving up to a 416 je and thinking of going 11:1, are the stock head bolts strong enough for this and i heard something about using a metal head gasket from a xr400 will this work if so where do i get them from and what year xr? In addition to a 416 i'm getting a hotcam stage 2 and porting, i'm doing all the work myself besides porting and cylinder boring and wondering if there's anything i need to look out for or any tips because ive never done motor work on a 4 stroke before. One more question :devil: i have a +1000 rev box so do i need HD valve springs?

stupid driver
08-01-2003, 01:17 PM
your stock bolts should be strong enough. the xr head gasket is thinner, so you get a higher comp. ratio. I dont think hd valve springs are a must, but they wont hurt nothin

hook
08-04-2003, 09:56 AM
c&d has gasket kit that u dont have to retourk an is thin

Glamis400ex
08-04-2003, 01:03 PM
Yes, get the flexsteel head gasket from CD Racing. I was told that anytime you take off the cylinder, it's a good idea to change the studs out...thats what my local pro's said. It was only like $35 for all 4. Trust me, it's worth it to me knowing it was a $35 well spent. I would be seriously be bummed if after all is said and done, I didnt get new studs, and she leaked...:(

spend the couple extra bones and have peice of mind...

Glamis