PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Honda TRX400EX

gary endsley
08-01-2003, 08:02 AM
This is to inform anybody with a 2003 Honda TRX400EX. I have 3 of them and have encountered blowing fuses. Anybody with this problem this is the remedy. Behind the left headlight plug is the front brakeline bracket if u look the bracket and hose is pushed up against the headlight plug which causes the high beam wire (GREEN) to short out against the headlight frame! Which will cause the fuse to blow which will enable it from starting! Now this problem occurs only at night when u are using the headlight.:eek2:

CowsBitePeople
08-01-2003, 08:25 AM
A while back My quad kept blowin fuses every 10 minutes so i couldnt start it after i turned it on....I forget what the problem was but something with the electrics had to be replaced it cost like 300 but luckily it was on warrenty :macho

400EXrider#91
08-01-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by gary endsley
This is to inform anybody with a 2003 Honda TRX400EX. I have 3 of them and have encountered blowing fuses. Anybody with this problem this is the remedy. Behind the left headlight plug is the front brakeline bracket if u look the bracket and hose is pushed up against the headlight plug which causes the high beam wire (GREEN) to short out against the headlight frame! Which will cause the fuse to blow which will enable it from starting! Now this problem occurs only at night when u are using the headlight.:eek2:

thanks for the info.:)

EvilJester400EX
08-01-2003, 01:40 PM
I haven't blown a single fuse with my 03...

08-01-2003, 02:04 PM
wouldnt the green wire have to be bare metal like if the rubber came off? Or it can still short out just toughing metal? :confused: Thanks for the info

Striker49
08-01-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by QuadMX18
wouldnt the green wire have to be bare metal like if the rubber came off? Or it can still short out just toughing metal? :confused: Thanks for the info

Yes, the rubber insulation would have to be off the wire and the exposed wire would have to touch bare metal to short. Hmm... :ermm:

JOEX
08-01-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by gary endsley
....Now this problem occurs only at night when u are using the headlight.:eek2:
So it doesn't happen when running the lights in the daytime?:D........j/k

Thanks for the info and welcometo the site:)

Joe