PDA

View Full Version : making e-series a free-flow exhaust?

01-21-2002, 04:24 PM
i just got an e-series for $100 from one of my good friends. it is sweet and added a lot of power for a slip-on. and for $100 i couldnt pass it up. well ive heard about people taking the end disk off and making it a free-flow exhaust. so does this make a noticeable difference? i no its gonna be louder but this pipe is stricktly for the track so it doesnt matter.but mostly i just want to know if it is worth it or not. where is the new power is at in the powerband?(low,mid,top end)thanks. later

wyndzer
01-21-2002, 05:01 PM
Power will be in the top end.

doctor_915
01-21-2002, 06:54 PM
You can run free flow with discs our without. Just keep the end cap on or just keep 12 or however many dics on and take the spark aresstor off. With just the end cap(no spark aresstor or disk) I noticed a little more torque. With 12 discs and no S/A I noticed more of a mid to top range gain(the pipe is designed for mid to top). Hope that helped you a little bit. And yes it wil be alot louder, but I dont think you will mind.

01-22-2002, 02:16 PM
i thought the e-series' spark arrester was the disks??? so are you telling me that there is a screen or some type spark arrester inside it? i think im gonna just remove the spark arrester and leave the disks cuz i do want some low and mid range power. please correct me if im wrong about the spark arrester. thanks, later

doctor_915
01-22-2002, 02:55 PM
The spark aresstor in the E-series is not a screen. It is just like the discs only it is solid, there is no hole in it.When you look at the end of your pipe from the back it says USFS Aprroved Spark Arrestor. All you wanna do is take out all of your discs and the 2 spark arrestor disc are the ones closet to the shiny end cap that just a sold disc with no hole in them. Then put all your disc back on to the end cap and pt in all 6 screws and you sould be able to see all the way down your pipe when you look at it from the back. Hope that helped ya.

01-22-2002, 05:52 PM
yeah thanks for the help man, thats what i figured but i just wanted to get it right.thanks again,later

01-22-2002, 08:34 PM
tell me how it turns out, i hav a wb wit 12 disks, jus took the s/a out, but couldnt get my bike to start.