PDA

View Full Version : check it out!Carbon fiber for the Predator.

QuadJunkies
07-30-2003, 07:51 PM
OH.I cant wait to se a better pic of that!!!!!:eek: :eek2: :blah: :cool: :macho From what Im seeing..I see a christmas list a starting already....:p I think it looks bad ***................ http://www.atvconnection.com/atvconnection/departments/dunes/carbon-fiber-pred.cfm sorry to post a link,but I have no clue on how to post it with a web host of it blown up...I think I like it better than the fullbore.......:D

Chanman420q
07-30-2003, 08:14 PM
looks like stock:o

batgeek
07-30-2003, 08:29 PM
CF is cool and stuff but for the amount of cash ya pay for it, the first time ya wreck yer gonna be hating yerself :D

QuadJunkies
07-31-2003, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by batgeek
CF is cool and stuff but for the amount of cash ya pay for it, the first time ya wreck yer gonna be hating yerself :D have you heard on a price yet? chanman,..the body is same,but not the color.and its carbon fiber.....;) I guess in person its VERY nice and there is more to come......Quality is suppose to be very good...Batgeek you have any info on it? I will consider buying this.....

Natertot426ex
07-31-2003, 04:18 AM
Tina I would hate to see the price. Carbon fiber is very expesive stuff. You should get try the blue plastic for that thing it looks really cool:D

QuadJunkies
07-31-2003, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by Natertot426ex
Tina I would hate to see the price. Carbon fiber is very expesive stuff. You should get try the blue plastic for that thing it looks really cool:D ewww. that fullbore has?I didnt like it at all,very fugly to me.I havent seen the other colors they have yet, but I know they come in tons of colors the price for fullbore is like close to 600.00:eek2: ....Ive olny read one opinion about the fullbore andthey siad its crap,but who knows. I would love to surprise Troy with some new plastic and use the old for racing ....:)

QuadJunkies
07-31-2003, 06:25 AM
Heres the pricing........Nose 59.00 rear fender229.00 and the front 249.00 no worse than Fullbore......:cool:

Natertot426ex
07-31-2003, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
ewww. that fullbore has?I didnt like it at all,very fugly to me.I havent seen the other colors they have yet, but I know they come in tons of colors the price for fullbore is like close to 600.00:eek2: ....Ive olny read one opinion about the fullbore andthey siad its crap,but who knows. I would love to surprise Troy with some new plastic and use the old for racing ....:)

I guess I like the blue because it is my favorite color.

seven
07-31-2003, 06:44 AM
Just wondering if any body has tried mounting 400ex plastic on a predator? If so how much work was it

Chanman420q
07-31-2003, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Heres the pricing........Nose 59.00 rear fender229.00 and the front 249.00 no worse than Fullbore......:cool:

yea but i bet full bore can take a better beating then carbon fiber :confused2

QuadJunkies
07-31-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
yea but i bet full bore can take a better beating then carbon fiber :confused2 hmm I dunno, Ive never seen a set of plastices made of it.Will be interseting to see....... Add some carbon fiber Hipers like one other mentioned and a nice seat ocver .would be awesome:cool:

batgeek
07-31-2003, 07:38 PM
wow! thats a nice price!

when Carbon Fiber Tech put out the stuff for the Z, it was close to $800 for a set. custom orders only. it wasn't mass produced.

that CF isn't going to hold up to many wrecks though. inherently, the resin they use to bond the sheets in order to keep it that thin relegates the material to be quite crisp...it definitely isnt going to flex as well as plastics is.

it does look pretty cool still. i see the drag guys loving that stuff! :D

QuadJunkies
08-01-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by batgeek
wow! thats a nice price!

when Carbon Fiber Tech put out the stuff for the Z, it was close to $800 for a set. custom orders only. it wasn't mass produced.

that CF isn't going to hold up to many wrecks though. inherently, the resin they use to bond the sheets in order to keep it that thin relegates the material to be quite crisp...it definitely isnt going to flex as well as plastics is.

it does look pretty cool still. i see the drag guys loving that stuff! :D Thanks Batgeek for the info.;) Would be cool to have this set for duning and the stockers for racing...:cool: