PDA

View Full Version : Idea for Cannondale

MITrail400EX
07-30-2003, 03:40 PM
Ok, heres my plan. If anyone is familiar with "self-fulfilling prophecy" you'll really appreciate this.

Self-fulfilling prophecy: If someone is told something enough times, even if it isn't true, they may eventually begin to believe it.

Heres what I was thinking. Lets all start a rumor. Tell everyone, in the hopes that it gets around to the boys in finance at Harley Davidson.

1. As you may or may not know, the dirtbike and ATV division of Cannondale has filed for bankrupt. This means that one of the most powerful race ready quads will no longer be made.

2. Several companies including Bombardier, Yamaha, and Kawasaki have looked into purchasing the rights to the Cannondale quads. This means that a great quad may be transformed into a non-USA cookie cutter overpriced generic product.

3. Harley Davidson, and American company, also owns and manufactures Buell motorcycles. Buell has a bike called the Blast, which is powered by a 492cc, 34 horsepower single cylinder four stroke.

4. People know and appreciate both the Cannondale and the Harley Davidson names, and more people are beginning to know the Buell name.

My proposal is that we all start a self-fulfilling rumor that Harley Davidson- Buell will be buying the rights to Cannondale ATVs and motorcycles and introducing a new ATV powered by an upgraded Blast motor. Who's with me???

CowsBitePeople
07-30-2003, 03:44 PM
That sounds really hard

MITrail400EX
07-30-2003, 03:49 PM
whats hard about it? just spread the message and see how far it gets. I mean, come on!! A Harley quad? what more could a hillbilly such as myself ask for (besides a standard six-pack rack on said Harley quad)?

hondafox440
07-30-2003, 03:52 PM
34HP at the wheel of a bike isnt very much for a 500cc bike.. That would perform more like a 400ex than a Dale if it were in a quad frame..

CowsBitePeople
07-30-2003, 03:52 PM
it just seems hard to get it out i mean that would have to go through millions of people and it would take forever nut i dunno :confused: good luck :macho ill see who i can tell

HONDA55
07-30-2003, 03:53 PM
I think that rumor has already been spread months ago.

FourFiftyFour
07-30-2003, 06:03 PM
Im sick of all the rumors about whos buyin Cannondale... enough with it already and someone just buy the damn motorsports division.......... rumors aint gettin nobody anywhere... it just misleads more people and then they are in the dark about the real future of cannondale quads...... whoever wants to start rumors... no one will believe you anyway... us cannondale people will only believe it when we see it

batgeek
07-30-2003, 06:14 PM
what more could a hillbilly such as myself ask for

John Deer quad!!!! yeeeeee haaaaw!

TC17
07-30-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
John Deer quad!!!! yeeeeee haaaaw!

hm, 46" wide(blades/width), 22 horsepower, open headers, choke, green and yellow steering wheel(power steering for extra charge), 3 speed, clutch is on the floor. lol, that thing is hillarious.

goin2shock
07-30-2003, 06:42 PM
cannondale motors needs to be bought buy kasea lol that'd be great a kasea cannibal

FourFiftyFour
07-30-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by goin2shock
cannondale motors needs to be bought buy kasea lol that'd be great a kasea cannibal

ummm the motor isnt the greatest thing...... the FRAME is whats awesome.....but since were on subject of motors.. i doubt a kasea could hold such a beast of a motor in their frame :p

goin2shock
07-30-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
ummm the motor isnt the greatest thing...... the FRAME is whats awesome.....but since were on subject of motors.. i doubt a kasea could hold such a beast of a motor in their frame :p

sorry but i forgot the cannondale motors INC. lol i left the inc part out....not just the motors the whole division!

FourFiftyFour
07-30-2003, 06:54 PM
id throw my dale in the ocean if they were bought by kasea

86350x
07-30-2003, 07:00 PM
LOL!

Striker49
07-30-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
id throw my dale in the ocean if they were bought by kasea

You're already close to doing it...the last thing you need is some generic taiwan based 90cc quad maker company to buy out cdale. :eek2:

FourFiftyFour
07-30-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Striker49
You're already close to doing it...the last thing you need is some generic taiwan based 90cc quad maker company to buy out cdale. :eek2:

Dont remind me... the Dale's *** is abowt too bee kikked en da durt

cheetah
07-31-2003, 05:08 AM
Don't worry cdalechick, remember they are gonna be Rad2go's.:o

TeamC&GRacer
07-31-2003, 05:16 AM
my sponsor went up to the cannondale liquidation sale the other day. Im hearing that a bicycle company, i forgot who, was going to buy cannondale and get ride of the motorsports divsion because they have no intrest in it because they only want the bicycle division.

FourFiftyFour
07-31-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by TeamC&GRacer
my sponsor went up to the cannondale liquidation sale the other day. Im hearing that a bicycle company, i forgot who, was going to buy cannondale and get ride of the motorsports divsion because they have no intrest in it because they only want the bicycle division.

uhh there is no cannondale motorsports anymore. so that wouldnt matter anyway......

Rip_Tear
07-31-2003, 12:55 PM
It would be nice if the C-Dale division was just left to die, or continued the way it was (or by Honda....). If anyone one else buys it don't expect it to be C-Dale anymore, if Harley bought it they would all be crusier quads...

bongwater200
07-31-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by MITrail400EX
...........2. Several companies including Bombardier, Yamaha, and Kawasaki have looked into purchasing the rights to the Cannondale quads. This means that a great quad may be transformed into a non-USA cookie cutter overpriced generic product.....................

Perhaps if Cannondale would have used a "cookie cutter" they wouldn't have financed themselves into chapter 11.

Are you saying that the Cannondales weren't overpriced?