PDA

View Full Version : I swear to god some days everythign wants to fight

Martin Blair
07-30-2003, 03:40 PM
Well i got up this morning, arround noon, and went to work on my moms minivan she needs plug wires changed so i sad i would do it, well in order to get to the back 3 plug wires you have to take the intake manifold off,no biggie i unscrew the throttle body and the manifold, and it wont come off, loook behind and fin ford hooked all the vacumlines and everything on the bakc of the manifold so it tokk me 2 hours to unhook that, then i go to unplug the wires from the plugs and they are on siezed on so i spent another hour getting that all done, then about 4 i finally get my moms car together.

Then i go to work on the 400 just some matinece stuff before we go to little sahara well i noticed the clutch was sticking so i go to take the perch aparts, and the bolt was broke off that holds the clutch in place, so i went to the store bought a bolt and everyhtign for that. Then i thought i was done but had remebers that i ahd a exhaust leak arround my headers so i went to tighten up the bolt right,well i tigetened up the 2 on the left, then one on the right and no wonder it leaking theres only 1 bolt on the right flange, so i ahve to get a new bolt and the llocal bike shop doesnt have anythign ins tock, so i have to go to homedepot and get a bolt, so i figured i would take the other nut off so i could match threads. So i go to unscrew it and it keeps unscrewing and unscrewing, and finnaly it cant just unscrew the nut it pulls the whiole god damn stud out of the motor, and the stud is bent!

I think god likes to f with me some days . I think the stud will be ok i can just thread it bakc into the block with soem red locktie and i think its bent because the exhaust gets so hot and cold.

anyway just wanted to share my day.

batgeek
07-30-2003, 03:46 PM
:( that sucks...hope the rest of yer week goes better.

JTRtrx250r
07-30-2003, 05:27 PM
man ...I have those kinda days too,some days I cant find the damn tool I was just using.......and its usually sittimg somewhere on the machine......,I have a habit of setting things down w/o actually looking where I set it:rolleyes: :D spent 5 mins looking for a 12mm socket......found it stuck to the bolt I just tightened:rolleyes: :blah: :D

Martin Blair
07-30-2003, 05:34 PM
same thign happend today to i put the plug wire box down on my work bench and take a drink, thne i spent 10 minutes looking for where the hell i put them. everythign wasnt goign my way.

stupid driver
07-30-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
Well i got up this morning, arround noon, and went to work on my moms minivan she needs plug wires changed so i sad i would do it, well in order to get to the back 3 plug wires you have to take the intake manifold off,no biggie i unscrew the throttle body and the manifold, and it wont come off, loook behind and fin ford hooked all the vacumlines and everything on the bakc of the manifold so it tokk me 2 hours to unhook that, then i go to unplug the wires from the plugs and they are on siezed on so i spent another hour getting that all done, then about 4 i finally get my moms car together.

Then i go to work on the 400 just some matinece stuff before we go to little sahara well i noticed the clutch was sticking so i go to take the perch aparts, and the bolt was broke off that holds the clutch in place, so i went to the store bought a bolt and everyhtign for that. Then i thought i was done but had remebers that i ahd a exhaust leak arround my headers so i went to tighten up the bolt right,well i tigetened up the 2 on the left, then one on the right and no wonder it leaking theres only 1 bolt on the right flange, so i ahve to get a new bolt and the llocal bike shop doesnt have anythign ins tock, so i have to go to homedepot and get a bolt, so i figured i would take the other nut off so i could match threads. So i go to unscrew it and it keeps unscrewing and unscrewing, and finnaly it cant just unscrew the nut it pulls the whiole god damn stud out of the motor, and the stud is bent!

I think god likes to f with me some days . I think the stud will be ok i can just thread it bakc into the block with soem red locktie and i think its bent because the exhaust gets so hot and cold.

anyway just wanted to share my day.

And God said, "LET THERE BE BEER"

soul
07-30-2003, 05:47 PM
heck that happens to us all

FourFiftyFour
07-30-2003, 06:52 PM
that reminds me of the movie Bruce Almighty.. lol I have so many days just like that also

Striker49
07-30-2003, 07:01 PM
Been there, done that, and im sure ive got the tshirt.

Everyday is like that round here....nothing ever seems to go right. If its not one damn thing is another. :(

trueblue450
07-31-2003, 04:38 AM
its not nice to swear to god.. :scary:

wilkin250r
07-31-2003, 05:48 AM
You know, I don't mind when things like that happen before I head to the dunes. I don't know if your luck is like mine, but every time that the preparation before a big trip goes really smooth, the trip sucks. Breakdowns, weather, ect. But every time the preparations go really poorly, flat tires, maintenance problems, the end trip always turns out great!

It just seems like things are bound to go wrong. I'd much rather that they go wrong BEFORE the trip rather than when I'm ON the trip.

CowsBitePeople
07-31-2003, 08:23 AM
Stuff like that always happens to me :o lol

spincr4hire
07-31-2003, 09:16 AM
you got up at noon? it must be nice

CUZ'n
07-31-2003, 10:14 AM
dats why der is stippin clubs:bandit:

anywhereEx
07-31-2003, 10:37 AM
I shot a sidecase after a one of those days and having it crack on me:mad:

Rip_Tear
07-31-2003, 12:15 PM
That sucks! It all happens too often! Every time I go ATV'ing with people it always seems to happen, wrong size ball hitch, no electrical for a trailor... No gas/oil, flat tires (before the ride...) it goes on and on!

Bad Habit
07-31-2003, 03:41 PM
Did you ever find a dealer with the exhaust flange stud? I tried to get some a while back and could not find them anywhere. Have to order them. :mad: One place I never tried to call is Heman's in Garden City, MO.
I'd recommend getting all four and change them all out. Then when you put your exhaust back on, put some anti seize on the threads so the nuts won't get gauled. I don't think the regular red loctite will hold up to the heat, it has to be hi-temp loctite.

Martin Blair
07-31-2003, 05:04 PM
nope but westlake harderwear of all people had the automotive stud! so i got 2 of them and some nuts, and red locktite for the stud.

FourFiftyFour
07-31-2003, 05:28 PM
At least your quad has been runnin the last 3 months........ :rolleyes:

Martin Blair
07-31-2003, 07:10 PM
well what do you expect its a honda, it will run anytime.

whats wrong with your dale?

they had two down at little sahara last time we went down both snapped the timing chain, it was wierd.

FourFiftyFour
08-01-2003, 03:45 AM
the whole piston, rings, sleeve, etc is focked....... just gotta wait for my parts to come in so i can fix it but i think im missin the race tomorrow :ermm: i cant borrow the predator tomorrow either..... i just was offered a big bored raptor... which i prolly wont ride... i dont fit on a raptor very well bein only 5'6" and 100 lbs

lil400exman
08-01-2003, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
the whole piston, rings, sleeve, etc is focked....... just gotta wait for my parts to come in so i can fix it but i think im missin the race tomorrow :ermm: i cant borrow the predator tomorrow either..... i just was offered a big bored raptor... which i prolly wont ride... i dont fit on a raptor very well bein only 5'6" and 100 lbs
i feel ur pain i really havent ridden my since febuary it suxs bad:(

Glow Plug
08-01-2003, 04:35 AM
That sucks guys I have had a few bad days to not to many this month :D

Atreyu
08-01-2003, 04:43 AM
time for a miller high life;)

Fast250EX
08-01-2003, 05:10 AM
I have had a few problems like that but not too bad. I had chit get stuck in the main jet before causing it to act like it is out of gas. It would start and idle but any throttle and it would just choke out. This happened about 300 feet away from the garage too so I had to push it all the way back. Good thing my 250EX is light and the ground was flat, despite a ditch.:rolleyes:

Haven't had to many problems though. I wrecked and was thrown off and the landing knocked the breath out of me and to add insult to injury, it ran over me!!! I had to walk 30 feet to find my damn shoe!!

Luckily, I have had 98% good luck with no major problems. The chit in the jet was the only mechanical problem I have had since I had my quad. I have had it 9 months, 20 days, and 14 minutes.:D

It gets taken care of like it was my baby and ridden like it was my girlfriend.;)

Bad Habit
08-01-2003, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
they had two down at little sahara last time we went down both snapped the timing chain, it was wierd.

Ya, Donnie down there at the shop told me that they had been having several problems with them for some reason. He had those couple that he was trying to sell and then kinda out of nowhere, problem after problem. Murphy's Law I guess:ermm:

Martin Blair
08-01-2003, 06:47 PM
yeah they said they had alot of problems we got in a convo about who might be being them, where they find parts, stuff about cdales

Im 5'6 and 160 lbs i fit the 400 good and ive riding a Z adn a few rs i fit them nice, them raptors, i can drive but there a little tippy when your use to the 400.