PDA

View Full Version : Just a test....my theory was right.....

Ryan8R
07-30-2003, 03:34 PM
Hey...my last post as you all know got lots of attention...it was..."I have a dream.." ya know how could you forget that one. I did that for one reason....i mean really...so many of you jump down peopls throats for "stupid threads" and things like that. Its like yaw all think this is your life..it kills me really... I just think some of ou with the "thats friggin stupid" comments need to chill and realize this is the open forumm..nuff said..outta here...later

Ryan

07-30-2003, 03:45 PM
Your not completely right or competely wrong, but the one thing that gets overlooked is that this is a QUAD realted site and the majority of people come here to discuss QUAD related topics.

Now the times when there are more BS open forum threads than QUAD based ones anyone could understand how this would upset someone who is here for information on QUADS and not who farted in school today or got dumped by their GF etc.

So for me at least the whole idea behind the open forum is to post threads and stories that dont fit the normal mechanical or suspension or trail ride etc but that are still QUAD related. Things like ride area closures, problems with the local police, riding questios or anything else that some how comes close to fitting the basic idea of the site.

The majority of the open forum threads would be more appropriate for psychobabble.com

nuff said

blondie69
07-30-2003, 03:55 PM
Dude, i'm sry if i came off b!tchy or anything:( I was only jokin anyways:ermm:

I really don't care THAT much what ppls ride. Its all good. Yami's rn't that bad...its jus from my friends with Yamis...there constantly tellin me bout it breakin down, theirs are broken down more then they are runnin, lol

4wheelboy
07-30-2003, 04:11 PM
how could u be mad at blondie?:eek: :huh :blah:

batgeek
07-30-2003, 04:22 PM
taken directly from the text under the title Open Forum:

Open forum, off-topic posting allowed.

basically anything goes, quad related or not :D

it's up to the individual to figure what post to read and/or reply in.

goin2shock
07-30-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by batgeek

yeah thats right no makes you reply to non quad stuff!

07-30-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by batgeek

True that, but he commented about people jumping down his throat for "stupid threads" and now you can do the math. :D

310Rduner
07-30-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by 440EX4me
True that, but he commented about people jumping down his throat for "stupid threads" and now you can do the math. :D

... what math?? He doesn't like large things down his throat....?:confused:

MOFO
07-30-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Ryan8R
\Its like yaw all think this is your life..it kills me really...

this is a bit hypocritical. Why do you care so much then???

SGA
07-31-2003, 01:52 AM
Its really very simple, People need to read and follow the rules at the bottom of the page. I know most people hate rules, but they are there for a reason. If a person cant follow them, they will not be around here for long .

Flyin#3-1/2
07-31-2003, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by 310Rduner
He doesn't like large things down his throat....?:confused:

well i suppose that's a good thing....:huh :ermm:

knighttime
07-31-2003, 02:45 AM
u better not be mad at blondie69 :mad:

07-31-2003, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by 310Rduner
... what math?? He doesn't like large things down his throat....?:confused:

LMAO

Hope so but what I said is the why there trying to shove large things down his throat.

Either that or we all are missing something here :devil:

wilkin250r
07-31-2003, 04:15 AM

So for me at least the whole idea behind the open forum is to post threads and stories that dont fit the normal mechanical or suspension or trail ride etc but that are still QUAD related. Things like ride area closures, problems with the local police, riding questios or anything else that some how comes close to fitting the basic idea of the site.

The majority of the open forum threads would be more appropriate for psychobabble.com

nuff said

It's just like a newpaper, they don't really print the truth, they print what people want to read.

Topics that are not quad-related still get alot of attention. If they get attention and responses, then obviously people are interested in them. So now you want to close down things that people are interested in, just to suit you?

Heck, I hardly ever read the "Where to ride" section, or "Freestyle Riding" section, or the "Maintenance" section, so we should close those down simply because I am not interested in them. Doesn't it follow the same logic?

It's the Open Forum, post what you want. If you have a problem with that, don't come into the open forum. Stick with the other sections, they are always quad-related.

JOEX
07-31-2003, 04:35 PM
Your not completely right or competely wrong, but the one thing that gets overlooked is that this is a QUAD realted site and the majority of people come here to discuss QUAD related topics.

Now the times when there are more BS open forum threads than QUAD based ones anyone could understand how this would upset someone who is here for information on QUADS and not who farted in school today or got dumped by their GF etc.

nuff said
I agree 99%:p

I come here to learn and BS about quads. I don't mind the occasional off topic post, some are even quite good. It is when some people post chit that isn't even remotely quad related on a regular basis that gets irritating. It makes me wonder why they are here, for attention maybe?

Joe

Pappy
07-31-2003, 04:47 PM
lemme see.....

my take on alot of this stuff thats posted and obviously not quad related or even topical to the site is the power of people wanting to feel needed. most of the troublesome posts (even if they werent started for that reason) are simple one members way of trying to fit in. the majority of these members are 13 to 16 years old and havent learned the ability to properly communicate and or express themselves as themselves yet (damn)

so when the have something that happens in thier life that to us seems petty or not worth our time remeber that its important to them to a point. i agree that some posts are made out of sheer boredom and easily spotted...but its ironic that these posts get huge responses ...sometimes all good responses at that.

so when you see its a thread that you really dont want any part of...stay out of it. ahhhh....but you cant. constantly pushing the buttons in one form or another is your way of dealing with this in your own way.

dont take some of this stuff so seriously...you might actually smile once in awhile if you remeber back to when you were that age:)

ok...now get off my couch and pay the pretty lady at the door:devil:

Bad Habit
07-31-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
dont take some of this stuff so seriously...you might actually smile once in awhile if you remeber back to when you were that age:)

Ah yes, I remember that age. Setting on the couch, thing in hand wishing I had somewhere to put it. No.....wait......that was yesterday!!!!!!:D

07-31-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
It's just like a newpaper, they don't really print the truth, they print what people want to read.

Topics that are not quad-related still get alot of attention. If they get attention and responses, then obviously people are interested in them. So now you want to close down things that people are interested in, just to suit you?

Heck, I hardly ever read the "Where to ride" section, or "Freestyle Riding" section, or the "Maintenance" section, so we should close those down simply because I am not interested in them. Doesn't it follow the same logic?

It's the Open Forum, post what you want. If you have a problem with that, don't come into the open forum. Stick with the other sections, they are always quad-related.

Dont shoot the messenger. :)

I was just explaing the reality of it all.

Sure i am not a big fan of some of the seriously stupid stuff (monkeynuts and slapboy included :tired: ) but hey it seems to be fun for the feeble minded so it seems to be here to stay.

Now if anyone ever trys out my idea of having a quad related and non quad open forum that could help but what I hear from the members who seriously get upset by all the juvenile non related stuff is that there just not going to bother sifting thru the BS and just wount offer their experience and knowledge and this is the where we are the ones who loose.

Remember though there may be some big names and even some experienced people here lately (and I am glad they are here) many are really interested in advertizing and not completely unbiased etc.

So for me I would give up the gossip and BS for the knowledge of some of the older members who no longer post.

But hey thats me I am one out of many thousands and I even enjoy some of the off the wall threads, but I just wish they werent becoming the majority of the threads because it brings down the real value of the site to those who need help.

07-31-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
lemme see.....

my take on alot of this stuff thats posted and obviously not quad related or even topical to the site is the power of people wanting to feel needed. most of the troublesome posts (even if they werent started for that reason) are simple one members way of trying to fit in. the majority of these members are 13 to 16 years old and havent learned the ability to properly communicate and or express themselves as themselves yet (damn)

so when the have something that happens in thier life that to us seems petty or not worth our time remeber that its important to them to a point. i agree that some posts are made out of sheer boredom and easily spotted...but its ironic that these posts get huge responses ...sometimes all good responses at that.

so when you see its a thread that you really dont want any part of...stay out of it. ahhhh....but you cant. constantly pushing the buttons in one form or another is your way of dealing with this in your own way.

ok...now get off my couch and pay the pretty lady at the door:devil:

Who loves ya baby ;) :devil:

But dont get offended its just that I think you dont want to be making the 13-16 crowd anygry with you due to demographics :blah: :devil: