PDA

View Full Version : yfz 450 $3200

veddersbetter
07-30-2003, 10:16 AM
Just so everyones aware of this..there are people trying to sell these quads at ridiculous prices...These and Raptors and just about everything else. I emailed the one about the YFZ (the email addy with no personal info) and asked him what the catch was....
Heres his response
"Dear Sir
First you have to know that the quad is in Germany,but i could ship it anytime at your home address via DHL Service.
About the quad,i can tell you that it is new,already packed for ship,it has all original papers:a valid warranty,a clean title,user's manual,etc.,and it hasn't been never ridden before.
The final price will be 3200$,and in this price the customer dutys and shipping costs are included.
If you are really interested in buying it,pls e-mail me back for more info about shipping and payment.
Kindly regards and have a nice day!"
Im playing stupid and finding out more..heres the next email

I asked him how to make payment and we'll see what kind of crap he can come up with here....Ill post it when I recieve a response
heres a couple links of BS
http://adcache.atvtraderonline.com/16/8/6/52964586.htm

http://adcache.atvtraderonline.com/16/7/6/52959776.htm

Striker49
07-30-2003, 10:31 AM
People just cant get by in the world without scamming someone else. :mad:

AtvMxRider
07-30-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Striker49
People just cant get by in the world without scamming someone else. :mad:

Yeah that just doesn't sound right.

Striker49
07-30-2003, 10:37 AM
Some more info on the links you provided...

The first link...
http://adcache.atvtraderonline.com/16/8/6/52964586.htm

The pictures look to be taken at a dealer and here is the description:
2003 YAMAHA YFZ450 new model, for more info please contact me...the only reason that i sell it is that is to strong for me.

Too strong? WTF? Thats the first time ive heard that one before on any quad. :huh

Second link...
http://adcache.atvtraderonline.com/16/7/6/52959776.htm
Pictures look a little more believable but could have been found anywhere...

Description:
2004 YAMAHA YFZ450, If you've heard it, you can't forget the awesome sound of the liquid-cooled DOHC five titanium-valved single in the baddest motocrosser ever built - the YZ450F. Not only is the hybrid 439cc DOHC titanium-valved five-speed engine far superior to anything that's come before, at 350 pounds, the YFZ450 is endowed with the highest power-to-weight ratio of any four-stroke ATV ever built. Yes, it even has electric start, and when you open the 39mm Keihin carburetor all the way and take aim, you'll also appreciate the lowest center of gravity in the class and the latest industry-leading suspension technology.

Sound like youve read that one before? And he is selling it for $2400?

I highly doubt either of those are true. I could be wrong, but I say scam on both. :ermm:

Guy400
07-30-2003, 10:39 AM
There are scams like this all the time. Here are 3 of my favorites:

"Congrats, you just won a Ford Explorer. Just send $500 for shipping." (the parents of a girl I dated in high school got nabbed by this one)

"Congrats, you just won $500,000. Please send us $2000 as a security deposit to claim your winnings." (an old lady in Ohio got burnt by this and is trying to get her money back from an invisible company that was based in the Bahamas)

"Crazy low prices on brand new quads. Send us money and we will ship it." (companies always mysteriously based outside of the U.S.)

**If it's too good to be true, it generally is**

veddersbetter
07-30-2003, 10:43 AM
Heres my latest email reply from the seller of the YFZ for 3200
"Dear Sir

We can deal in this way:

We will send the quad in the first place to the DHL service.As soon as the atv will be in their custody,you'll be notified by e-mail that the atv is in transit for your name,to your address,they let you know that we have already paid all the shipping taxes,and also where to send the money via Western Union Service.After you'll see the notification from DHL Service,you'l have to transfer the full amount for a specific name,to a specific address.

As soon as you are decided in buying this atv,pls confirm your order: your full name and address,the model and color,the name in title,and we will be able to start the ship.

I'm waiting news from you as soon as possible.

Pretty convincing.......IF I WAS BORN YESTERDAY!

Chanman420q
07-30-2003, 10:48 AM
i dont see how u can get scammed if u dont have to send a penny to the guy until its in the shippers hands... it may be real it may not be, but if it is someones saving 4gs:eek2:

JJWB023
07-30-2003, 12:27 PM
i saw this witha 03 raptor going for $2000...but i think its funny that when you reply to an ad they always email you back 'dear sir...' :o

JJWB023
07-30-2003, 12:29 PM
oh and how they always say theylll pay for shipping....the shipping probably costs more than the quad so theyd be losng money.. .if it were true which it probably isnt.:scary:

4wheelboy
07-30-2003, 12:38 PM
when i read the title of this thread i all most fell off my seat. i thought u were selling 1:rolleyes: :eek2:

jp3_99
07-30-2003, 12:39 PM
sounds to good to be true, but I dont know if you dont have to send the money until the shipping company says its sent, then that might just be the best deal I have ever seen in my life:eek2:

cheetah
07-30-2003, 12:41 PM
Unless the shipping company never looks to see what is in it and they send you a large piece of coal in a crate.:D

jerry-89-250R
07-30-2003, 02:15 PM
contact atvtraderonline too check them out,

Guy400
07-30-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by cheetah
Unless the shipping company never looks to see what is in it and they send you a large piece of coal in a crate.:D That's exactly right. The shipping company doesn't know what's in the container. Go ahead and call the shipping company, all they're going to tell you is that a crate with your name on it is at their warehouse. You won't know what's in it until you open it. By that time your check has long been cashed and you're staring at a 300lb. rock they shipped you.

stupid driver
07-30-2003, 02:25 PM
man the lifeboats, its gettin deep in here :huh :huh :huh

KASCHAK
07-30-2003, 03:34 PM
its deffenitly a scam. i can smell it from here

Striker49
07-30-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by cheetah
Unless the shipping company never looks to see what is in it and they send you a large piece of coal in a crate.:D

We should check into this... Pappy need a late bday present. :devil:

07-30-2003, 04:31 PM
could u go open it before you paid for it to make sure it was a quad? Or it would be funny if they sent u an old like 1990 kawsaki bayou for 3200. haha.

JTRtrx250r
07-30-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by KASCHAK
its deffenitly a scam. i can smell it from here Yep!!! heard of that 1 b4 myself:rolleyes:

Z400sTyLe
07-30-2003, 05:53 PM
Just notify InterPol and set up a sting.

I bet it's the last time they try that....:cool:

Yellow Nuts
07-30-2003, 06:08 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by veddersbetter
[B]Heres my latest email reply from the seller of the YFZ for 3200
"Dear Sir

We can deal in this way:

We will send the quad in the first place to the DHL service.As soon as the atv will be in their custody,you'll be notified by e-mail that the atv is in transit for your name,to your address,they let you know that we have already paid all the shipping taxes,and also where to send the money via Western Union Service.After you'll see the notification from DHL Service,you'l have to transfer the full amount for a specific name,to a specific address.

As soon as you are decided in buying this atv,pls confirm your order: your full name and address,the model and color,the name in title,and we will be able to start the ship.

I thank i'll Bye me one :D Whats the guys email....lmao J/K

TC17
07-30-2003, 06:12 PM
might be a miniature toy.:ermm:

Brad
07-30-2003, 08:00 PM
i know where southbridge is :devious: on my way to go pick up my 400ex this weekend i think ill take a swing by there and check this out:devil:

cody anderson
07-31-2003, 01:57 AM
thats BS because even dealers have to pay 5950! trust me i know!

honda350r
07-31-2003, 07:54 AM
I went for the 3200 and will be getting my new 450 soon! I will be laughing at all you fools that paid almost 8000.00 for the same thing ... !!

dpizz450
07-31-2003, 08:02 AM
LMFAO at this dude u really think ur gonna get it and not get jipped?

honda350r
07-31-2003, 08:22 AM
Heck yeah !! I will get it and it is paid for! I will let you guys know when I get it

Yellow Nuts
07-31-2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by honda350r
Heck yeah !! I will get it and it is paid for! I will let you guys know when I get it

...this dudes prolly in on the scam...

sylvan56473
07-31-2003, 11:41 AM
Tell him this,

"After talking this transaction over with my dad, we feel that this will be best handled by an escrow company of my choice"

Sincerely,
Johnny Cochran Jr.
:devil:

Rip_Tear
07-31-2003, 01:01 PM
How did you all find out about my scam? JK Some people are just complete jerks! Atleast most people realize that this is a scam! I say everyone email that addy just for fun... lol

veddersbetter
08-01-2003, 10:24 PM
When I asked where to send the money...his response
"The atv will be shipped with air expres,and you'll sen the money in Germany."

Alright...Ill just send it "to: Germany"
maybe itll make it into his hands.....I like the term "specified address"
What the hell is that suppose to mean? Specify the damn address if u want the money man!!!
I hope no one falls for this!!! Please tell me your kiddin honda350r!

veddersbetter
08-01-2003, 11:28 PM
A good forum would be....."beware of BS"
heres another one that stinks
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42592&item=2426347660

note: I could be wrong here but it just sounds too good to be true...if I am wrong I apologize to the seller

honda350r
08-03-2003, 04:44 PM
Yeah ! I was just joking !!

Atreyu
08-03-2003, 04:58 PM
good forum would be....."beware of BS"

I think it was a scam because it was recently removed..

popo
08-03-2003, 05:14 PM
Curious what is the exchange rate for German funds vs. American?

$3,200.00 American = what in German?

Ridinred400
08-07-2003, 02:38 PM
I just thought you guys mite want to know that if you get abnd e-mail just like this one it is a scam. I know someone who fell into to it so to say and it is definetly a scam!
We can deal in this way:

crazybuffalo
08-07-2003, 03:08 PM
when i read the title of this thread i all most fell off my seat. i thought u were selling 1 me too i was gonna be in the line of buyers