PDA

View Full Version : 400EX Front to 250EX Rear?????

Pahrump
07-30-2003, 07:05 AM
Has anyone tried this setup, I have seen all ove the board where folks use Banshee fronts on the rear but has anybody tried the 400Ex front for the 250ex rear. I have a set of 400 shocks and they are almost the same size as the 250 just a little longer but they are softer so I think it would work. Looks like you may just need like a spacer or washer at the mounting points.

400EXrider#91
07-30-2003, 07:08 AM
i would try it. if it don't work then you'll be sure

toby400ex
07-30-2003, 09:40 AM
Im think that shock is gonna bottom and fade like crazy:ermm:

Juggalo
07-30-2003, 11:15 AM
a 400ex front shock will not work on the back of a 250ex. when will you guys learn that the rear requires a much stiffer shock than a front shock could provide, that is if you could even get it bolted up. the swingarm puts much more leverage on a shock than an a-arm. don't be stupid, do it the right way or live with it.

MOFO
07-30-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Juggalo
a 400ex front shock will not work on the back of a 250ex. when will you guys learn that the rear requires a much stiffer shock than a front shock could provide, that is if you could even get it bolted up. the swingarm puts much more leverage on a shock than an a-arm. don't be stupid, do it the right way or live with it.

Yep.... the front shock is NOT designed to be used as a rear shock... dont care what quad its from. Bad, bad idea. As Jug said, do it right or stick with stock.

Pahrump
07-30-2003, 03:20 PM
ok folks i do realize that the front shocks on no quad are designed for the rear of another quad. But to those of you that have never ridden a 250EX it is not at all a bad starter or a chick quad but the suspension sucks now I am not gonna be one of those that put $1000's into my wifes 250 and everyone asks why didn't I just buy a better 4 wheeler to start with. But she would like a better ride. So I was trying to maybe use some other folks experience and use parts that I already have. But I guess it just will not work.

nacs400ex
07-30-2003, 03:39 PM

Juggalo
07-30-2003, 05:06 PM
the point i'm trying to make is a front shock will suck worse than the rear shock. and if you can't live with it the way it is, and don't wanna dump money into it to make it what you want then you shouldn't be riding it in the first place.

toby400ex
07-30-2003, 05:26 PM
a 400ex front shock will not work on the back of a 250ex. when will you guys learn that the rear requires a much stiffer shock than a front shock could provide, that is if you could even get it bolted up. the swingarm puts much more leverage on a shock than an a-arm. don't be stupid, do it the right way or live with it. Basically what I was thinking

Fast250EX
07-31-2003, 03:18 PM
If you have it, try it. I don't see what it could hurt to just try. ;)