PDA

View Full Version : 400ex headlight bulbs....?

Jeff
07-30-2003, 05:12 AM
Well, the other day I took my Nac's covers off and turned my headlights on and one of them was burnt out (dim), the brights worked. Anyway, I went to the Honda shop and they are wanting $10 A PEICE for ONE headlight bulb. I thought that was crazy so I went to the Yamaha place, Advance, AutoZone, Barr's Competition (local bike shop), and nobody else had them. But come to find out I came back home and turned my lights on and Bam, they are working fine. I dont get it.

But anywayz, anybody have any extra blubs they could spare incase they ever do burn out?? I will pay shipping and all that good stuff for it. Thanks!

07-30-2003, 05:14 AM
you havent been turning your lights on with the headlight covers on have u:eek: that burns the bulbs out

MOFO
07-30-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by freeride132
you havent been turning your lights on with the headlight covers on have u:eek: that burns the bulbs out

:huh

Please explain how a plastic light cover burns the bulb out. I used to run those covers with my lights on (I like the red glow in dark woods). Never had a bulb burn out... that makes no sense

MotoX3
07-30-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by VWVR6
that makes no sense

YLW400
07-30-2003, 09:51 AM
I almost caught a pair of those things on fire...lmao

cheetah
07-30-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by VWVR6

Please explain how a plastic light cover burns the bulb out. I used to run those covers with my lights on (I like the red glow in dark woods). Never had a bulb burn out... that makes no sense

:huh How the heck do yo manage that. I'll accidentally hit mine and before I can catch what it did my covers are so hot they are almost melting. Actually a little bit of the inside did melt on one of them.

stiffy
07-30-2003, 10:33 AM
Where did you get red bulbs?

JabberJaw
07-30-2003, 10:42 AM
John's R US

MOFO
07-30-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by cheetah
:huh How the heck do yo manage that. I'll accidentally hit mine and before I can catch what it did my covers are so hot they are almost melting. Actually a little bit of the inside did melt on one of them.

damn... I'm surprised all of you guys were having problems with them melting!?! I used to keep mine on for the whole ride (the red cover would glow red, not a red bulb)...anyways... I'd keep them on for the entire ride (sometimes 5-6 hours)...never got hot enough to melt them. :confused: I am a bit of a mud turtle so maybe that kept them cool....

Jeff
07-31-2003, 07:44 AM
Yes, one time I did accendently hit the switch and it kinda melted my covers on the inside a little bit, not enough to tell outside though. On the directions it plainly said "Do Not turn headlights on while covers are on". But I dont see how that could burn out anybody's headlight bulb....:confused:

Anybody got any bulbs though???

Reason I ask is b/c I know some of you race and take your headlight assy off and put aftermarket plastic and CF hoods on and I figure you won't be needing your headlights/bulbs.

crazybuffalo
10-22-2003, 01:52 PM
Where did you get red bulbs? unless im mistaken he has red head light covers and the regular lights. that makes the red glow.;)