PDA

View Full Version : Me..On Tv????

QuadJunkies
07-30-2003, 04:19 AM
I just heard a rumor from a little birdy that we are having a segment done on us girls flattrackin !!!:blah: I wont mention who just yet(superstitious I guess)but I think you all have an idea who they are:) .....They asked when our first meeting was,and said they would be out in time for one of our first races.The gal (Kate) who has put this orginization of women together here sais there is only around three others like this in the US:eek2: ..Its really starting to get some recognitiotn and she has been interviewd by a few .Finally...what Ive always wanted, lots of ladies just like myself coming from all over the local are wanting to race,trail ride,sand riding....LOL. I guess the guy who called about the taping, was surprised to hear of all this going on in Idaho.....It dont get better than this.......:) ;)

Pappy
07-30-2003, 04:21 AM
sweet!!!:D
keep us posted when it will air

when ya hit the PB chanel you give me a pm:devil: :D

UglyMotha™
07-30-2003, 04:24 AM
:uhoh:

250x#93
07-30-2003, 04:28 AM
Thats awesome, anythin that show some recognization to our sport is sweeeeet:devil: But even sweeter when women are gettin recognized:cool:

QuadJunkies
07-30-2003, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by Pappy

when ya hit the PB chanel you give me a pm:devil: :D LOL.........will do.......:p ;)

seven
07-30-2003, 04:45 AM
I was on tv once but it was with my own camcorder and in my bedroom. Good luck with the project Tina, Keep on them if you want them all to show. I have organized a few races and if you dont nag at them they forget and dont show up. Should be great if you can get your class organized and showing up. Make sure they all know they need teather swithces to race also. Thats about the only rule I have seen them enforce.

blondie69
07-30-2003, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by seven
I was on tv once but it was with my own camcorder and in my bedroom.
:eek2:

But thats awesome QJ! Wish I had satellite, I'd watch it:cool:

seven
07-30-2003, 04:55 AM
Also if you want to you can race up at the summer track right now. That flat track at omc that you got to ride.
Upcoming Short Track Races

Friday, July 25th
Friday, August 8th
Friday, August 22nd
Friday, September 5th
Saturday, September 6th
Friday, September 19th

Gates open at 5:00 PM
Practices at 6:45 PM
Races: at 7:30 PM

that is the schedule for the rest of this year

QuadJunkies
07-30-2003, 04:58 AM
I was on tv once but it was with my own camcorder and in my bedroom. Good luck with the project Tina, Keep on them if you want them all to show. I have organized a few races and if you dont nag at them they forget and dont show up. Should be great if you can get your class organized and showing up. Make sure they all know they need teather swithces to race also. Thats about the only rule I have seen them enforce. Thanks for the advice Paul..;) OH and BTW...just exactly what was the camcoder doing in the Bdrm?????:devil: busted!!!.....:p JP....

QuadJunkies
07-30-2003, 05:01 AM
Also if you want to you can race up at the summer track right now. That flat track at omc that you got to ride.
Upcoming Short Track Races

Friday, July 25th
Friday, August 8th
Friday, August 22nd
Friday, September 5th
Saturday, September 6th
Friday, September 19th

Gates open at 5:00 PM
Practices at 6:45 PM
Races: at 7:30 PM

that is the schedule for the rest of this year So they decided to keep it open huh,I knew at one time there was mention of it closing the flattrack there.I would LOVE to do it.but Im tireless until I get a set of rims for the radials....:( and a set of rears too....Even for the group ride we are having with all the gals, Im splitting up with a fw of them and headed to weoser for the day (one or tow others going there too) since Im running with sand tires right now.... Im thinking I may go do a few before Sept though.Wo all is runnin out there? I saw Huggins and he is selling all his quads so I bought his Honda bolt pattern hubs for the Predator now TRoy can use some of my tires......:)

400EXrider#91
07-30-2003, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Thanks for the advice Paul..;) OH and BTW...just exactly what was the camcoder doing in the Bdrm?????:devil: busted!!!.....:p JP....

:eek: :ermm: :uhoh:

seven
07-30-2003, 05:04 AM
You guys can use any of my tires if you want to. For that track you need hoosiers in the rear and the car radials up front. I have a 2 sets of hoosiers collecting dust right now if you want to use them.

Glow Plug
07-30-2003, 05:15 AM
I was on tv once but it was with my own camcorder and in my bedroom.

ewwwwww want'a send me a copy ;)

good luck tina :D :D

seven
07-30-2003, 05:22 AM
Hey, what me and my wife do with a donkey,midget and a camcorder is my buisness!!lol:D

blondie69
07-30-2003, 05:26 AM
Hey, what me and my wife do with a donkey,midget and a camcorder is my buisness!!lol:D

Whoa too much info!:eek2: lol

Glow Plug
07-30-2003, 05:31 AM

could you just delete this post so I don't have to read it again?

sickmojave
07-30-2003, 05:38 AM

ROFLMFAO

QuadJunkies
07-30-2003, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Glow Plug
could you just delete this post so I don't have to read it again? ILGDAO....I thought that was pretty funny myself!!!!.......:p

QuadJunkies
07-30-2003, 05:51 AM
You guys can use any of my tires if you want to. For that track you need hoosiers in the rear and the car radials up front. I have a 2 sets of hoosiers collecting dust right now if you want to use them. Thats very nice of you!thanks!;) So why is it that I need car radials for that track and not a Oconnor?I know the OMC one is a faster track, but..Hey Ive never seen a radial this small on a quad before(one ones Im buying from you) is this a suitable tire for my 400ex?LOL.I looked at my kids tires and they are alot smaller than even theres:eek2: ....I may take you up on the offer for those tires, I would like to go out on a Sun. and practice sometime soon to.......

seven
07-30-2003, 06:00 AM
You can use them at o connor to but they work really well on that hard pack up there on the outside track. Those are the standard race tires that everybody was using for a while. Same as the ones nacs sells for 75$ a piece. They are grooved marshall 145r 10. I like to run them but they are a very picky tire. They dont work at all in mud and are mostly made for track conditions. Since i am PROBABLY not racing any more i dont need them. You know,those will mount on the stock 400ex rims? I can put them on any rim you want in about 10 minutes. try them out and if you dont want them thats fine. I am not sure if my card works at omc right now becouse i havent put my hours in but if you want to try it you can.

Narly R
07-30-2003, 06:03 AM
that sounds really cool, tell us about it if you guys get on tv!:)

AtvMxRider
07-30-2003, 08:54 AM

when ya hit the PB chanel you give me a pm:devil: :D

That goes for me too.....;) :devil:

Rip_Tear
07-30-2003, 12:29 PM
Sweet, keep us updated QJ! How many people are in your group?

QuadJunkies
07-30-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
Sweet, keep us updated QJ! How many people are in your group? So far.19 total wanting to flattrack and more jladies just wanting to get together for reg. group rides I dunno where they all come from:huh but they sure are excited to finally find some to hang with!:cool: My frined at work,her Husband is a journalist and wants to do a story in the local paper about us....This is way to cool!!! Us gals are going to have some local car washes to help earn $$ for entry fees and alocal radio station setting up a booth .I just hope all the girls are as set doing this as a few of the others are.....

86350x
07-30-2003, 06:57 PM
Congradulations, what size is the track your racing on? My first race was on a flat track in the winter time. 5yrs old on my kitty cat, 1 lap around the track. 2nd place:ermm: But I was using the original kawasaki motor, that other kid cheated.

Are you racing at more then one location.

Alot of the local flat track vids I seen people were running mx tires for some reason:confused:

QuadJunkies
07-30-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by 86350x
Congradulations, what size is the track your racing on? My first race was on a flat track in the winter time. 5yrs old on my kitty cat, 1 lap around the track. 2nd place:ermm: But I was using the original kawasaki motor, that other kid cheated.

Are you racing at more then one location.

Alot of the local flat track vids I seen people were running mx tires for some reason:confused: The winter track is pretty small,one is "suppose" to be built in time for this season (was suppose to be ready last year too:rolleyes: ) and the summer track is a faster runnin track both are oval tracks..The track here works best with a tirf tamer,but I know by the end of the season last year a set of Hoosiers would have prol done better cause it was alot more slick. If I go up to the summer track,ill take some pics of it and post it.....;) . I do have pics in my album at sonyimagestation of last year when I ran my 300ex and misc ones of my Daughter and ole man on the track as well.....;)

86350x
07-30-2003, 07:12 PM
Whats your imagestation album title, addy ect?

In other words post up the link:cool:

QuadJunkies
07-30-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by 86350x
Whats your imagestation album title, addy ect?

In other words post up the link:cool: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290734769 not the best pics of it, but it gives you an idea of the indoor track a bit.Also alot of other misc pics too..I think like 12 albums......:D

QuadJunkies
07-30-2003, 07:20 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290734769 not the best pics of it, but it gives you an idea of the indoor track a bit.Also alot of other misc pics too..I think like 12 albums......:D my 400ex will be set up alot better than I was on the 300ex last year.We tried a few experiments on the 400 last year and failed......:o so all the pics you see there are not current set ups......

86350x
07-30-2003, 07:30 PM

That looks like fun, I'd like to try it on 2 and 4 wheels.

But the stupid bad axe fair grounds won't allow any racing other then the fair (once a year) and they just use part of the oval for the motocross track.

QuadJunkies
07-30-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by ILuvAllOfMyGuns
this is kinda of a worthless post. :rolleyes: uh...so then why did you post it?:huh

AtvMxRider
07-30-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by ILuvAllOfMyGuns
this is kinda of a worthless post. :rolleyes:

Just like your life **** for for brains.

SGA
07-31-2003, 01:28 AM
when ya hit the PB channel you give me a pm:devil: :D
Took me few, I thought pappy meant Public Broadcasting. I thought to my self : "Dang, I guess Pappy watches alot of public TV, I didnt know they had quad racing on those channels" :ermm:
I didnt catch it till someone else quoted Pappy. The Playboy channel! DOH.... :p

Sounds good Tina!, Good luck! :)

QuadJunkies
07-31-2003, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by SGA
Took me few, I thought pappy meant Public Broadcasting. I thought to my self : "Dang, I guess Pappy watches alot of public TV, I didnt know they had quad racing on those channels" :ermm:
I didnt catch it till someone else quoted Pappy. The Playboy channel! DOH.... :p

Sounds good Tina!, Good luck! :) Uh.thats what I thought too!:eek: (public broadcasting or something) HAHA.Playboy....:p Ill spare the world there....;) I bet you dont see a chick on a quad on the PB channel too often do ya...?:eek2:

Natertot426ex
07-31-2003, 04:48 AM
Us gals are going to have some local car washes

HMMMM. Car wash. . . . . Girls. . . . . Maybe Bathing suits. Let me know and I will come and have you guys wash my truck :D :devil: :blah:

QuadJunkies
07-31-2003, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Natertot426ex
HMMMM. Car wash. . . . . Girls. . . . . Maybe Bathing suits. Let me know and I will come and have you guys wash my truck :D :devil: :blah: LOL.......Ok ;)

dirtmomma
07-31-2003, 05:22 AM
this is awesome Tina, wish I was down your way it would be a blast to race w/ all you guys!!! I guess I'll just have to stay up here in the great NW LOL ya never know maybe we'll shoot down to your track someday, what is it called & where is it at?? Well I already told ya in a pM send em our way heheehe

QuadJunkies
07-31-2003, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
this is awesome Tina, wish I was down your way it would be a blast to race w/ all you guys!!! I guess I'll just have to stay up here in the great NW LOL ya never know maybe we'll shoot down to your track someday, what is it called & where is it at?? Well I already told ya in a pM send em our way heheehe Well, I was going to show a web site that had TONS of our pics, but it looks like he doesnt have them up anymore..:( Heres the link to the track though..:) http://www.omcracing.com/short_track.htm

seven
07-31-2003, 06:23 AM
If you do the car wash thing you should setup a bunch of the nicer quads for a show and get people to stop.

QuadJunkies
07-31-2003, 06:31 AM
If you do the car wash thing you should setup a bunch of the nicer quads for a show and get people to stop. I was actually thinking of all of us bringing out our rides.I suggested that to Kate, and she said to bring it up at the meeting on the 9th....:) Maybe you should bring yours if your still wanting to sell it ,might spark some interest from someone...............:blah:

Natertot426ex
07-31-2003, 06:35 AM
You could just bring out a bunch of quads to help promote racing in the valley. I would let you show mine off there too. You could have a booth and all!!

seven
07-31-2003, 06:39 AM
I would bring mine out, Just let me know when and were. I would throw a for sale sighn on it but i really dont care if i sell it or not at the moment. It looks pretty with all the chrome on it! I was thinking about sending the a arms and the stem off and have them chromed as well. I could get mike summervilles quad and craigs raptor then you will have a quad for you 4 basic food groups.

knighttime
07-31-2003, 07:02 AM
Im sure if all of ya take a few laps around that flattrack TOPLESS, there will be no problem with TV coverage :eek2:

AtvMxRider
07-31-2003, 07:21 AM
I bet you dont see a chick on a quad on the PB channel too often do ya...?:eek2:

Especially naked........:devil:

QuadJunkies
07-31-2003, 07:27 AM
I would bring mine out, Just let me know when and were. I would throw a for sale sighn on it but i really dont care if i sell it or not at the moment. It looks pretty with all the chrome on it! I was thinking about sending the a arms and the stem off and have them chromed as well. I could get mike summervilles quad and craigs raptor then you will have a quad for you 4 basic food groups. That would be VERY cool!! Ill run it past Kate and seewhat she thinks..:)

QuadJunkies
07-31-2003, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by knighttime
Im sure if all of ya take a few laps around that flattrack TOPLESS, there will be no problem with TV coverage :eek2: LMAO!!!This would give racing a whole new outlook for sure:devil:

QuadJunkies
07-31-2003, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Especially naked........:devil: HAHA.maybe spark sales inteh ATV industry for the ladies too.......

400exmom
07-31-2003, 07:30 AM
they always go straight to the gutter huh girl- even b-4 i get there

AtvMxRider
07-31-2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by 400exmom
they always go straight to the gutter huh girl- even b-4 i get there

HAHAHA we've been in the gutter for quite some time huh Tina?;)

dirtmomma
07-31-2003, 08:13 AM
LMAO!!!This would give racing a whole new outlook for sure:devil:

LMFAO OH boy isn't that the truth LOL!!!!!:eek2:

QuadJunkies
07-31-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
HAHAHA we've been in the gutter for quite some time huh Tina?;) LOL!!!!!!!!:p

QuadJunkies
07-31-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by 400exmom
they always go straight to the gutter huh girl- even b-4 i get there True dat!!!!!!!!......:blah: