PDA

View Full Version : jumping?

Martin Blair
07-29-2003, 05:39 PM
How do you guys get over the fear off jumping? im always scared of smacking the back side of the lnding ramp so i only go all out and clear tabletops because theres no ramp to smack into.

stonerider250x
07-29-2003, 06:11 PM
I had t get over this to so what i did was work my self up. My first double was prolly 2 feet high:D but now ive worked myself up to about 5 and 6 feet jumps and im gonna keep gettin bigger:macho

exriderdude
07-29-2003, 06:50 PM
well...... i dunno about everyone else but, i just got HUGE BALLS!!!:ermm:

Hoggr9
07-30-2003, 06:33 AM
IF YOU'RE GONNA BE DUMB YOU GOTTA BE TOUGH.

Out_Sider
07-30-2003, 06:40 AM
Im doin the same thing Stonerider250x is doin with the jumping.

.:01_eXrIdEr:.
07-30-2003, 06:41 AM
work yourself up, start small, and keep doing the same jump giving it more and more and more until you clear it, if you are landing short of the landing, just get some balls, gas it, and you will eventually clear it

seven
07-30-2003, 08:39 AM
Some times you have to say screw it and just do it. Other times you will end up in the hospital. Its all part of the game. You have to pay your dues. If you are going to do it dont hope you make it over and just gas it. You have to be comited and follow threw or you will wreck. It hurts less to over jump it a little then come up short!

dannyboy20
07-30-2003, 10:38 AM
ya just work ur way up. I just recentyl built a double about 4 feet tall with about a 25 foot gap. I never though i would have the balls to hit it but i finally said screw it and hit it. Overshot a little but boy did it fell good just to know that i was able to hit it and land it. Now im hitting it like nothing and will soon be working to bigger jumps. ;)

AtvMxRider
07-30-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by seven
Some times you have to say screw it and just do it. Other times you will end up in the hospital. Its all part of the game. You have to pay your dues. If you are going to do it dont hope you make it over and just gas it. You have to be comited and follow threw or you will wreck. It hurts less to over jump it a little then come up short!

Yeah I agree with seven. Just gas it and hope you land on all 4 wheels:devil:

07-30-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Yeah I agree with seven. Just gas it and hope you land on all 4 wheels:devil:

Funny you should say that. Thats almost like what ur wife told me last night! :eek2: :p :blah:

Martin Blair
07-31-2003, 07:01 PM
only problem is i dont ahve anywhere to make a jump, only the local mx trakc which is made for bikes wth huge doubles and tripples, i clear the tabletops because if you miss the landing no biggie, but im talking 30-40ft gap 15-20 feet up,

i got to thinking i can wathc a few other people on 400ex and tlak to them about how fast what gear, blah blah, only prob with taht is noone on quads trys to clear them so no one knows, if i can actually clear the jumops i could beat everyone because no one tryies.

toby400ex
08-01-2003, 07:13 AM
Just gotta go for it i guess, thats what i did. Then I found out i wasnt too bad at mx:ermm:

Rip_Tear
08-01-2003, 02:09 PM
Other then you said you can't build a jump, but a good way to start getting used to a double is by jumping a table and turning it into a double when you are used to the jump :D

Good luck!