PDA

View Full Version : why just yamaha dont forget suzuki an kawi!

4wheelboy
07-29-2003, 04:44 PM
hey after reading the i have a dream thread. i came to the conclusion that we bust on yamaha more then kawaski and suzuki can sum1 tell me why that is:confused: :blah:

worm
07-29-2003, 04:54 PM
jealousy because yamaha is a faster funner bike to ride in all divisions of the bike sport

4wheelboy
07-29-2003, 04:56 PM
yea good point faster but not dam near as close in reliablity:D

07-29-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by worm
jealousy because yamaha is a faster funner bike to ride in all divisions of the bike sport what do you see at races....mainly a see of red and yellow...mainly 400ex's and z400's....i dont realy see anything to be jealous of...only yamaha i would ride is a yfz hybrid....ive heard bad things about the yfz already...shocks not being all that good...frames cracking and breaking in the exact same spots as the z400.....sub frame being weak...power output is the same as an average 440....

batgeek
07-29-2003, 05:05 PM
i have noticed that Yamaha loyalist tend to be very protective of their brand. i'm not saying all...just the majority.

now Kawi and Suzuki riders don't usually end up blowing up and getting all pissy when you bash their brand. except for the few Z owners that dont understand that the frame is a POS if you dont gusset it.

i ride a KFX400, i know eventually my frame is going to go...i can see the stress marks already. then i'll just gusset and keep riding :D

Adam202
07-29-2003, 05:28 PM
IMO yamaha is just as good as honda. i disagree with worm, i have just as much fun on my stock 400ex as i do on my stock banshee, there both a totally different ride. altho ive never ridden a raptor i think they are ugly and from my freinds and brother riding them ive heard nothing but bad things. my freind says he would take a stock 400ex anyday over a raptor and just get the 440 kit which would beat a raptor. i think the raptor should of never been made, they should have just came out with the yzf 450 in the first place with the 426 motor, or they should have at least built the raptors motor right because it should smoke everything for being 660cc.

4wheelboy
07-29-2003, 05:28 PM
just jokina round jesus most of u people blow up wen sum1 bashes ur brand i mean i had a kx 80 and a blaster so0o im bashing my self then uuuuuut ohhhhhh:devil: :blah:

toby400ex
07-29-2003, 06:13 PM
jealousy because yamaha is a faster funner bike to ride in all divisions of the bike sport Thats sarcasm right?:huh

worm
07-29-2003, 06:39 PM
no way.... look at street bikes yamaha is the leader there too...actually the all new CBR 600 is a little fatser on top end,,but the R6 is a funner bike and actually handles batter and is a better biek... in motocross.. who was the first to have the thumper MX bikes and everyone likes them... YAMAHAS quads are un real.. the bansheee is a wild bike that will always be on top..its a blast to ride.. the raptor..man if you havent rode one...i agree i own a 2001 its got problems ...but mine is also bored bumped up on compression everything is done to it and i didn it my self so of course it will have problems...but i also go to ride a brand new LE for a week like it was mine i molested it...and it was soo much fun...again yamaha is top dog everywhere

batgeek
07-29-2003, 06:44 PM
who was the first to have the thumper MX bikes

it sure as h3LL wasn't Yamaha.....

Nausty
07-29-2003, 06:45 PM
ok everyone knows yamaha is better because the raptor tops out at a higher speed.:rolleyes:

lol, i'm bored:ermm:

worm
07-29-2003, 06:51 PM
okay maybe yamaha wasnt the first to have 4 stroek mx DIRTBIKES but im pretty sure b4 yamahas thumpers 2 strokes are all that won... the raptor tops out fatse rand is waaay more fun to ride..the only think i can complain about is the chain adjuster... yamaha is the best... what about the tri-z ? that thing would rip over the atc 250r

310Rduner
07-29-2003, 10:27 PM
okay maybe yamaha wasnt the first to have 4 stroek mx DIRTBIKES but im pretty sure b4 yamahas thumpers 2 strokes are all that won... the raptor tops out fatse rand is waaay more fun to ride..the only think i can complain about is the chain adjuster... yamaha is the best... what about the tri-z ? that thing would rip over the atc 250r

I'm going to say the same thing I told someone else...

please... step away.. from the smockes....

Learn some proper grammar and or spelling while you are at it, I have an easier time understanding Monkeyboy, slapnutz, or cuz'n than I do trying to figure out wth you are saying.

.... and nothing Yamaha will ever own a 250R.. atc OR trx.

Ben
07-30-2003, 01:45 AM
no way.... look at street bikes yamaha is the leader there too...actually the all new CBR 600 is a little fatser on top end,,but the R6 is a funner bike and actually handles batter and is a better biek...

You forget about the Suzuki Hayabusa - fasest production street bike made? Or the Suzuki GSXRs - arguably the best track bikes made?

MotoX3
07-30-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Ben
You forget about the Suzuki Hayabusa - fasest production street bike made? Or the Suzuki GSXRs - arguably the best track bikes made?
i agree....ive seen a hayabusa in action...:eek2: ...wow there fast...and ben,when did u get ur v-force and hows it run?:blah:

07-30-2003, 02:42 AM
you shouldnt be bustin on yamaha at all. yamaha is the shiznee

Pappy
07-30-2003, 02:51 AM
ahhhh a subject i love:)

forget who make sthe fastest blh blah blah...

racing is a very small segment of the atv industry. sport and utilty quads are the money makers and the bulk of all quads fit these catagories.

each person will have likes and dislikes...and each brand will have its share of pluses and minuses. take ben......he was after a new quad that had good traits all around. he asked me my opinion and i said....get the v force based on what he does with a quad. he rides trails...he doesnt race...doesnt jump really that much....and when he does ride normally its with his girlfriend. so why would he want a new yzf or any race quad for that matter.

i for one am glad we have chioces. and yeah im old enough to remeber the days when we had basically 4 choices to choose from. do some research on the model you want and if it fits into what you do with a quad...buy it.

RiPPiNiTuP7
07-30-2003, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
ahhhh a subject i love:)

forget who make sthe fastest blh blah blah...

racing is a very small segment of the atv industry. sport and utilty quads are the money makers and the bulk of all quads fit these catagories.

each person will have likes and dislikes...and each brand will have its share of pluses and minuses. take ben......he was after a new quad that had good traits all around. he asked me my opinion and i said....get the v force based on what he does with a quad. he rides trails...he doesnt race...doesnt jump really that much....and when he does ride normally its with his girlfriend. so why would he want a new yzf or any race quad for that matter.

i for one am glad we have chioces. and yeah im old enough to remeber the days when we had basically 4 choices to choose from. do some research on the model you want and if it fits into what you do with a quad...buy it.

i couldnt of said it any better

goin2shock
07-30-2003, 03:17 AM
because yamaha is honda's biggest compotition(sp?)!

jamiesel
07-30-2003, 03:36 AM
You have to give Yamaha this.... They have big nads. Banshee was there the whole time everyone else cowered with 2 strock quads. You don't have to like em but I sure as heck respect em.

yamahaCal
07-30-2003, 03:42 AM
I'm sorry but I have nothing against honda. I prefer yamaha thats all. Prolly because all my honda dealers around me are flaming as$holes. The 400ex handles good the susp. is good but my yfz450 is faster handles just as good and has better susp. Mind you it IS more expensive -_-. I would really love for honda to do something other than the same old same old 400ex. Honda doesn't do anything really special so you people have to keep bringing up reliability, but you have to remember if you use 20 year old technology of course its bullet proof. My friend has a 400, its a nice bike the only thing I don't like about it is that its not fast, its pretty quick the power is smooth. I guess the 400ex is TOO perfect in a way. Anyone can ride it, it take no skill, and everyone has one, its EASY to follow the crowd. I love that Honda, Suzuki, and Kawasaki are making 250 four strokers. More competition. I really just want honda to do something to compete with yamaha as far as sport ATV's.

worm
07-30-2003, 03:49 AM
the hyabusa is faster..okay its a 1300 huh.. but, have you ever tried to whip a hyabusa around in the twisties??? not a 600 will smoke it.. i agree the gsx 600-1000 is nice

400EXrider#91
07-30-2003, 05:39 AM
the hyabusa is faster..okay its a 1300 huh.. but, have you ever tried to whip a hyabusa around in the twisties??? not a 600 will smoke it.. i agree the gsx 600-1000 is nice

i think you messin with the wrong person

MotoX3
07-30-2003, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by 400EXrider#91
i think you messin with the wrong person
i knw he is....ben was just saying the fastest...did he say its the fastest around the "twisties"?no he said fastest as in a straight line and no im not mad just gettin a point across :rolleyes:

4wheelboy
07-30-2003, 06:33 AM
an its BEN site owner:D

Ben
07-30-2003, 06:59 AM
Yes, the Hayabusa whips around better in the twisties than you or I, or most people, could ride it. And the Hayabusa is the fastest major production motorcycle on the market - so yes it is the fastest. If you don't like the Busa, then see what a GSXR1000 would do to a R6 on the track - not a pretty picture :scary:

worm
07-30-2003, 09:44 AM
yea ive seen 400 HP turbo busas..no doubt they have power.. but theres no way it could be all that fun to ride... and theres no way you could whip it like you could A 600..now why are we talking suzuki VS yamaha i though thtis was about .. why everyone always bashes yamaha..oh we made mny good statements about how the yaamaha ownes every thing. and the suzuki was brought up because they are just behind yamaha and theyre competition to compare w/ yamaha.
how could you compare a Gixxer 1000 to a R6? okay matt mladin does own the super bike class on his suki but the R6 owns the super sport class.. now again wheres honda?

07-30-2003, 10:33 AM
yea ive seen 400 HP turbo busas..no doubt they have power.. but theres no way it could be all that fun to ride... and theres no way you could whip it like you could A 600..now why are we talking suzuki VS yamaha i though thtis was about .. why everyone always bashes yamaha..oh we made mny good statements about how the yaamaha ownes every thing. and the suzuki was brought up because they are just behind yamaha and theyre competition to compare w/ yamaha.
how could you compare a Gixxer 1000 to a R6? okay matt mladin does own the super bike class on his suki but the R6 owns the super sport class.. now again wheres honda? how can you compare a 400ex to a raptor....there is a 260cc difference....so i would hope its faster in top end...you cant realy compare a 400ex to a z400...because the z400 is based off a 40ex design...but made to fit with drz engine....im not understanding how you think yamahahaha and zuki are leaders of atv industry...

worm
07-30-2003, 10:50 AM
some one has to be the leader correct>? if not yamaha then who? surely not honda.

07-30-2003, 11:37 AM
some one has to be the leader correct>? if not yamaha then who? surely not honda. not to be mean or anything..i would like an answer to my question...how can you compare 2 totaly different machines(raptor and 400ex) and 1 machine that is great...and then compare that 2 another machine that is a copied design..with a liquid cooled motor....suzuki didnt realy work to hard..the frames prove it

worm
07-30-2003, 11:58 AM
IMO im comparing the best honda has to offer to the best yamaha has to offer...well every rhing they offer is great..Okay..you may be right the EX may handle better? i dont really know because ive always rode yamahas and im used to it and they handle great in my book...i can switch to the raptor or my shee and they both feel the same and i can ride them .ut when i get on a EX or a Z400 they feel out of place...i dont know.. but what if suzuki copied the geometyr of the EX soo... its awesome i guess and thats why the same basic designs has been arreound since 86 w/ them. soo..if suzuki copied your frame and put a better engine in does that mean that they dont perform better just because they copied ?

nakomis0
07-30-2003, 12:06 PM
What would determine a leader in the industry... Sales or Championships?

Also somebody said Honda isnt inovative or something like that... Honda is slow to bring quads in the market but when they do they are the baddest on the market , they raise the bar, and set the standard. From the 250r, to the 400ex. And when they bring there new quad out it will be trick.

I do have to give it to Yamaha for the new 450.. that is an awesome bike. And IMOP they are doing exactly what Honda did to them back in 1999. Honda introduced the 400ex and out sold everybody else in the sport quad market hands down. .. Yamahas responce.... they rushed out a half tested 660 raptor with multiple flaws.

Honda wont make the same mistake by rushing out a half finished quad.

4wheelboy
07-30-2003, 12:32 PM
i gota ? hes sayin the raptors the fastest. but wut a bout a zilla:confused:

worm
07-30-2003, 01:01 PM
i dotn think i said the raptor was the fastest ...thats a real close call.. the banshee or the raptor>? the zilla...those are worrse then 01 raptors... it may have power but you cant really use it in fear of the thing fallign apart..ever tried to MX a stock zilla.. dont

4wheelboy
07-30-2003, 01:32 PM
U eva tried to drag a stock zilla?:rolleyes:

4wheelboy
07-30-2003, 01:34 PM
or kick 1 over for that matter?:muscle: :muscle:

DBL-D49
07-30-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
it sure as h3LL wasn't Yamaha.....
Yamaha was the first to release a true race-ready MX thumper with the YZ400F, I believe it was 98', or 97'.

worm
07-30-2003, 02:11 PM
yes have raced a zilla... and i won on my stock shee.. maybe it wasnt up tp par...still when the sites up so will the pic

TheRedRebel17
07-30-2003, 02:22 PM
Yamah did released the first true thumper.
Yamaha put out the raptor in 01 to compete with the DS650. Then, they released teh yfz for the ex/z/kfx/predator.

4wheelboy
07-30-2003, 02:38 PM
Yamaha put out the raptor in 01 to compete with the DS650. Then, they released teh yfz for the ex/z/kfx/predator. and wut happened the tranys were bad
:rolleyes:

TheRedRebel17
07-30-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by 4wheelboy
and wut happened the tranys were bad
:rolleyes:

every quad has it cons :ermm:

KASCHAK
07-30-2003, 03:07 PM
here look at this for you that say that honda isnt inovative

blaster .vs. a 250r in reliability and performance and handeling everhing the 250r is better. and there older then blasters. 50cc difference to honda

banshee .vs. 250r banshee is faster but 250r arnt that far behind.
stock to stock i think the 250r rides better more comfortable. 100cc difference to honda

300ex .v.s warrior i think a 300ex rides alot better then a warrior and they have the right powerto weight ratio. ive seen 300ex beet warriors too. 50cc difference to honda

400ex .vs. warrior ive never seen a hopeed up worrior come close to my ex. ex is more comfortable alot more power alot faster better suspention. 50cc difference to yamaha

400ex .vs. raptor of course the bigger is gunna win but ive beeten stock raptors in drags. 400ex rides alot better then raptor. with little mods the ex can beat the raptor almost 260cc difference to honda.

an i bet 440ex .vs. a yfz450 i think that it would be really close.

my friend has a 405 warrior with a cobra pipe. and i still beat him its jetted and it has bigger sprocket for speed. i ride that and my ex still wins.

over all honda rides better. when they have something its inovative and cant be beat for a while. till sumthin comes out thats either 2 cylinders or 260cc more.

notice that alll the quads there is at least 50cc difference they dont make the same cc quads. if yamaha would make a 250 four stroke same as the 250ex then we could really find out.

sorry for long post

4wheelboy
07-30-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by TheRedRebel17
every quad has it cons :ermm:

wut was rong with the 400:confused:

worm
07-30-2003, 04:01 PM
you all are missing the whole point of my view.... power .... ill admit my raptor is tore apart right now, fifth gear pops out i need a new shift fork..but that may be my fauklt...ive had my cases split and ive done all of my work..**** happens...i also bet i could beat about every 400 on here... theres nothing like a big bore thumper.

4wheelboy
07-30-2003, 04:07 PM
theres all so nothing lik going out to your shed/garage and always knowing that your quad wil start Cough hondas cough

j/p:blah:

07-30-2003, 04:19 PM
IMO im comparing the best honda has to offer to the best yamaha has to offer...well every rhing they offer is great..Okay..you may be right the EX may handle better? i dont really know because ive always rode yamahas and im used to it and they handle great in my book...i can switch to the raptor or my shee and they both feel the same and i can ride them .ut when i get on a EX or a Z400 they feel out of place...i dont know.. but what if suzuki copied the geometyr of the EX soo... its awesome i guess and thats why the same basic designs has been arreound since 86 w/ them. soo..if suzuki copied your frame and put a better engine in does that mean that they dont perform better just because they copied ? ok...i know your full of **** now because of these 2 sentences....1.you may be right the EX may handle better? i dont really know because ive always rode yamahas and im used to it and they handle great in my book (here you are stating you NEVER rode a honda) 2..ut when i get on a EX or a Z400 they feel out of place... (here you are saying you feel out of place riding them...but yet you already stated you never idden one...i dont see how suzuki put a better engine in it...it has 11:1 (compared to 9:1) and liquid cooled...its onlny putting out about 2-3 hp more than a ex...you do the math....its amazing how much **** people can pack in 2 sentences:rolleyes:

07-30-2003, 04:20 PM
you all are missing the whole point of my view.... power .... ill admit my raptor is tore apart right now, fifth gear pops out i need a new shift fork..but that may be my fauklt...ive had my cases split and ive done all of my work..**** happens...i also bet i could beat about every 400 on here... theres nothing like a big bore thumper. i wouldnt even hesitate to line my ex against your raptor on a track

worm
07-30-2003, 04:57 PM
well thats why im getting a yfz... yes i have rode a 400ex and a 250r and a z400 but only for a few minutes..never getting used to it and while i was on it ,it felt weird,, and you talk about the MX track i figure... my whole point of this is that yamaha makes some mean *** bikes that are fast as hell no doubting that.

Ralph
07-30-2003, 05:00 PM
before the yfc(well we dont know about it yet) all their quads were unreliable pieces of junk that just went fast and handelled like crap. We also bash teh kfx's and z's cause their frames are made of butter...

honda350r
07-30-2003, 05:05 PM
I feel sorry for the guys who bought a Predetor 500 an the Z 400s and making payments only to see the new Yamaha smoking everything in it's site !!

I promise if Honda doesn't release and bad ***** quad in September,I am buying a Yamaha !!