PDA

View Full Version : Cutting out

jay's 300
07-29-2003, 01:32 PM
Here recently my 300 has started to cut out when I ride a wheelie or when I start up an incline, even a small one. I was wondering if any has had this happened to anyone? I have changed my pipe and silencer from the RCM to the Excellerator, I'm not sure if this would cause such a drastic change in jetting? I talked to a local shop today and he mentioned that it sounded like the carb float wasn't letting enough gas in, becaue I have to half-choke it to keep it from dying? :confused:

Thanks

jay's 300
07-29-2003, 02:21 PM
bump :ermm:

AndrewRRR
07-29-2003, 02:38 PM
Any carb will eventually starve for gas on a big incline but an ATV shouldn't have trouble on small ones. I'd check your float level. It will say what it should be in the service manual, if you don't have one, get one! It's gotta be a carb issue. Did it just start this after you changed the pipe? If it's a lean condition it shouldn't matter if you are on an incline.

jay's 300
07-29-2003, 03:13 PM
Yeah it jsut started after changing the pipe and it does it on flat ground also, but not as bad. Sorry I din't mention that in my previous post. Yeah a friend of mine has a manual on 300's I'm going to get it off of him. Any more help is appreciated! Thanks

I was beginning to think I should've asked which pipe is better! :p

Pvt. Maggot
07-29-2003, 03:36 PM
floats might be stuck?....i dunno take your carb off and clean it and check your floats :)

jay's 300
07-30-2003, 05:47 AM
Doing that this weekend! Just curious to see if anyone had ever had this same problem and get some specific details.

Thanks for the help :D