PDA

View Full Version : klaw/knarly

rossano
07-29-2003, 05:55 AM
What's up guys-

I ride mainly Northeast trails (NY, Paragon PA). I ride pretty aggressively on my Holeshot XC's. The fronts (22") have been awesome, but the rears (20") have been popped so many times that I'm wondering how ITP advertises them as XC tires.

Anyway, I was wondering if I went to a bigger size (22") in the rear, for the rockier norhteast conditions, would I be better off with KLAWS or KNARLY's?? (in 22")

I'm basically asking someone who rides in my type of conditions using either klaws or knarly's to maybe give me some input. Thanks!

-ross

400EXrider#91
07-29-2003, 06:25 AM
i know pappy runs xc and he loves his razr 2s. but i ran the first razrs and i loved the and never put a hole in mine.

Wingnut
07-29-2003, 08:20 AM
The Klaw fronts have very soft sidewalls. I have the Knarly rears and they have only needed air twice in the six months I have had them, so they are tough. But, once the tread gets a rounded edge, doesn't take long, the tires just spin and slide.

Out_Sider
07-29-2003, 08:33 AM
get the Gnarlys, they are awesome for XC. im getting Klaws for mine, but i race mX

rossano
07-29-2003, 09:22 AM
thanks fellas! Klaw 22" ordered
i'll give 'em a try

07-30-2003, 03:26 PM
I just got a set of 18" klaws and some 20" for the front. I should get them in on monday. Oh and if u guys wanna get some new tires or rims id check out rockmountainatv.com killer deals. I think u should have gotten the Gnarlys though they look more like a gncc tire which would be perfect for ya.